Reviews for Finding Equilibrium
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
You do an excellent job of describing the mixed emotions Dean is feeling and his hatred of being helpless to fix Sam.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
This scene should've so totally taken place immediately before Wendigo... It was so totally needed. Loved Dean drinking himself under the table and just trying to figure out how he can help his brother. Loved the bartender caring about both Winchesters and giving them a free bottle of Jack. Just... TOTAL AW! Yeah, I fully realize the conversation is a bit on the border of chick-flick for guys, but this scene was so totally needed, especially with Dean getting into Sam's personal space and just... being there. AW!
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Very nice job with this - it was extremely insightful. I loved the addition of Pat the bartender; very cool guy. Dean's admission to himself that he couldn't help but be glad it was Jessica and not Sam, no matter how guilty that made him feel.

And of course, Dean blames himself for some stuff that is in no way his fault. It's the way of our fraud-funded, nomadic, self-blaming Winchesters, isn't it? Gotta love them for that, or maybe in spite of it?

Dean's willingness to face anything so long as he had Sam was sweet and sad and made me extremely nostalgic for the old days. I love the current season, though, and it just makes me appreciate the rest of the series even more.

So, great work, as usual.
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Wow, really nice job with this. I couldn't believe it when the alert came through, because I just posted last week a chapter in my current story that deals with the boys in the recent aftermath of Jess's death. Must be something in the air. LOL

I really liked that the bartender ended up having ties to Sam, and LOVED that he shared the photo and that the only time he'd seen Sam drunk was when he was missing his big brother. So sweet. I really liked how in-character the boys were here, how torn up Dean was over not being able to help Sam, and how he (wrongly) blames himself for Jess's death. That's totally Dean, for ya.

But best of all, I liked the ending. This, especially: "As broken and messed up as their lives were, they were still together. And as long as Dean had Sam, he’d be willing to try the impossible any day of the week." YAY! I totally need some "we're in this together" brotherly moments with the way this season is going. Thanks for giving us a nice one, hope amidst the despair of Sam's loss. Well done!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
This was so great. Thanks so much for sharing.