Reviews for Aerilon Girls Are Easy
magdalena2122 chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
Can't believe you haven't gotten more reviews. This story was a rare find. Very bittersweet, but that makes it all the more realistic. You do a great job with the balance of both light and dark that is so iconic of the Kara/Lee dynamic in the series. Many attack-free stories risk being too boring, fluffy, or just over-the-top ridiculous, but your exploration into their relationships, motives, and emotions makes this piece, in my opinion, thought-provoking and an interesting read.
Scherherazade chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
I really enjoyed this au Kara/Lee story. I wish that you had written a sequel. I'd love to see them permanently together.
FSUNoleGalgmail.com chapter 9 . 6/6/2012
lovely!
Louise chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Lovely story, really delicately written. Brilliant :)
wsxokn chapter 9 . 2/26/2011
Very sweet with a sad but warm ending that implies more REAL emotion than most stories I've read. Bravo.
vansen58 chapter 9 . 4/18/2010
This is truly one of my very favorite fics any fandom... well, ever. I read it a few months ago and it had become my go-to fic whenever I miss my Kara/Lee.

Now I was back here and reading your profile and the livejournal you posted there. In your master list of fics, I saw one that grabbed my attention. I loved your prospect of "Wild is the Wind". Do you ever plan on posting it?

Lee and Kara as 'outlaws' is a concept I've been contemplating for awhile (probably due to too much watching of Firefly and too much reading of fanfics of Cable and Domino from X-Men), but I never managed to get it down properly.

I'd *love* to read your take on that!
Rachel Indeed chapter 9 . 1/26/2010
I wish I had time to review this whole story more specifically, but for now I'll just say that it floored me once again with its subtlety and grace, and that it manages to be sad and ambiguous and yet ultimately *hopeful,* and that's what I love most about it.

One of my favorite parts of the story is the section where Lee reflects on what might have been had he admitted his feelings to Kara when she was still engaged to Zak. What I love most about this is that he doesn't indulge in a selfish or idealized fantasy about getting his brother's girl and living happily ever after. Instead, he imagines how they would have faced the ugly situation directly and made the conscious choice to see less of each other; how she might have reconsidered her decision about passing Zak when he wasn't ready; how they might all have broken each others' hearts and yet all have stayed alive. It's so moving, his recognition of the severely limited chances they might have had for a better future; just beautifully written.

And that sense of living within the limits, surviving and waiting, and yet somehow not losing hope, resounds through the perfect final section of the story. This is my favorite line:

"And yet he'll always keep letting her return through his door, because he knows with all the warnings she gave him about letting her come back the one thing she wasn't considering is that one day she might actually want to stay, and he hopes he isn't just unbelievably stupid for believing in her more than she does."

He knows it will probably never happen. But he loves her, and takes what she is willing to give, and there's something about all this that makes it seem like their relationship is the essential story of Battlestar Galactica, even in this world that never ended in holocaust. She is his Earth: a dream that will probably never be reached and must be constantly redefined, and yet must never be abandoned. She gives him a reason to keep moving forward, and throws the cast-iron, silent spaces that define his life into relief.

Anyhow, I think this is a really great piece of writing, and I hope that someday you might feel like telling more stories about these characters.

Thanks so much for writing.
sarahstarr chapter 9 . 12/26/2009
Finally, a K/L story that actually considers that having your fiance die would have an impact on your future relationships! Great writing, very IC! Thanks!
sezq chapter 9 . 4/26/2009
im takin the word maybe as a yes u cant just stop here lee needs his bar and kar! and adama needs to forgive kara!

xx
VegittoGR chapter 9 . 4/20/2009
great story, I m definatly all in for a sequel :)
StarryEyedGlimmer chapter 9 . 4/20/2009
Wow. An emotional roller coaster. Not only for Kara but for Lee as well. It's true square pegs can fit into round holes. If there is enough force to get it through. Kara seems to have just enough force to get through to Lee and vice versa. Never knew squares and circles fit so well together(all curves and angles). We all know Adama will forgive his "daughter". Glad Lee has. And glad that Lee has reconciled with his father. Don't let Kara be a stranger to Lee. They belong together. Thanks for the update. Please post again SOON!
Entilzha chapter 9 . 4/20/2009
Thanks :)
Entilzha chapter 8 . 4/18/2009
Thanks :)
setivalen chapter 8 . 4/15/2009
Gods, this is just such incredible, beautiful, angst. The way you captured the dialogue, what they say to one another, the way they interact (as at the Mars Day events)-it's perfect. His words when she leaves? OMG. The whole story is just...painful and stunning and so them. I'm looking forward to reading the last part, though I'll be sorry this story is ending. Really gripping work. Thanks for sharing your talents-Nicole
StarryEyedGlimmer chapter 8 . 4/15/2009
It seems they both are always suffering for one thing or another and it always seems to get in their way of being together. The ghosts are always haunting. And Kara is always running away. But not without giving Lee something to ponder. "Teller". Thanks for all 3 chapters. Looking forward to more. SOON!