Reviews for The Favor
nevernetherland chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I love it :) I wasn't surprised when this story was inspired by a real thing. It was right there and you bridge the gap between that and misato's feelings perfectly.
JNaegi chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
That was a heartfelt story. I enjoyed reading it. No words can describe the emotion right now but good story.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
A very telling story. Sadly, those who drink and drive never bother to think that anything will happen. Not could. Will. Because something always does. Even more sad is the fact that the drunk driver doesn't wind up as harmed, or even as dead, as their victim(s). I was married to an alcoholic. Thankfully, he always came home before betting blotto. A solid majority don't do as he did.

Thanks for sharing.
Cobrawolf Meiji chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This Story is a good moral Story. It tells of The dangers of Drunk Driving and also made me cry once. It teaches a Good lesson to all people that many should listen to.
Cycla chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I was just wondering through the fic base when I stumbled on to this story. I really wasn't expecting much, but the summery cought my eye, and I read it. I then got both my tennage children to read it. Both of witch are driving now. The story moved us all, and we made a promice to each other that we would take precutions against it.

I have sence called a friend who is a police officer and asked a few questions about what we could do. She suggested deffencive driving courses that they offer through the department she works for. Not sure if other states offer this or not. We start taking them next week.

She also suggested that not only haveing a dessignated driver, but for the kids to fill like they can call me if they need to. She said that would help more then I thought it would.

Don't know about anyone else, but I and my children thank you for getting us on the ball about this.

A now more concurned father.

( Who can't spell for his life, but I think I was able to get my thought across.)
rami31 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
This was a very noble thing for you to do and it really meant something to me. Thank you.
blackdeathmessenger chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I'm glad I'm not quite old enough to drink yet. This story definitely has an impact on me, which is that I wont look at drinking in the same light again, not for quite a while. I just hope more people read this story and get the message inside of it.
ExtinctionsEnd chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
This is a very deep and beautiful story,loved every moment of it. I can only hope the families and friends of the victims are able move on with their lives.
Da-Crazy-Tiger chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
It truly is sad, people won't learn until they suffer the grief themselves. Human stupidity is truly infinite. My uncle died in a car accident because someone is driving while drunk, so I know the pain of losing someone from the accident. Thank you for writing this story, I hope people will start to open their eyes.
Zoro50 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Excellent story here OrionPax. This highlights a very real social issue and its great to see it coming to light in a story like this. So many times we read/write to escape reality. This time fantasy is forcing to look at reality. This a great message.

I hope and pray people who read this will examine their own lives and recognize and of the things in their own lives that may reflect this kind of addiction
Electric Eclectic chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
A real eye opening story...I hope people who read this take it to heart. I know I will.

May those 4 teens find peace. Amen.
Mr. Lee chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Hey my friend...

I had a few moments to look for any ShinjixMisato fics, and here I find you made this one. Hmm...

This one hit a lot of personal chords with me. I've seen addiction destroy a lot of people in my family and a few friends as well, in many ways. So much that I have NEVER, EVER drank or smoke in the 30 plus years I've been in this world. And I can understand your feelings you're having right now. Sadly, drunk driving is still a common tragedy in the U.S., especially in my neck of the woods. However, PLEASE keep in mind that it is not as simple as you think it is (Foolishness and Selfishness isn't always the cause of it.). Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what that person did. But sometimes, situations like that can go VERY, VERY deeper than that (Misato is a prime example of this if you know her background.). I speak from experience when I say this. Don't you dare take what I'm saying lightly.

In any case, this is a very good and deep oneshot you made about something that affects many people everyday. Just remember this. Though those inflicted with addictions can do terrible things to others, that doesn't mean that they don't deserve the chance to atone and be forgiven. Keep that in mind, or you may not be prepared for it if it happens to someone you care about. Take care my friend and parttime apprentice. You know where to find me if you need me. Later for now :).
theotherdave chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
A good story that hits close to home, which I hope will reduce/stop the "it won't happen to me because I'm in control" nonsense.
uncutetomboy's bro chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
After I read this story I just sat still for several minutes thinking. This story is one those few that make people stop and think. And, unfortunitly, your right. People do forget. Near where I live there's several white crosses by the side of the road to denote where people have died in accidents. The sad part of this is that some people don't like being reminded of what happened and ask for these to be taken down. THIS is sad. I will say this: If, by reading your story, someone down the line stops and remembers it before getting behind the wheel drunk and then decides not to upon remembering it, then those teens didn't die in vain. May they rest in peace. Thank you.

Signed,

uncutetomboy's bro
SithKnight-Galen chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I cannot say a whole lot other than thank you for sharing your thoughts by using this medium to voice your opinion over this kind of tragedy.