Reviews for My Neighbor Hunters
Sirhc Llirrem chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
OK... While I haven't spot anything bad in this, it's obviously not good either. Granted, Totoro isn't a cheery movie to begin with (especially in the third act of the movie), but this story is dark for the wrong reason. That's a HUGE leap from a story about two girls befriending a friendly forest creature to two girls running off from gang members.

I don't mean to sound like a soccermom about this, but there's no reason why there should be gang violence in a children's fanfic, especially in Totoro (unless it's a satire, which I can understand that). Sure, I understand that something like a child surviving in urban city life could happen (and it has happened before), but I don't see why both Satsuki and Mei had to. I mean, did they move back to the city from the country after their mother's illness is gone? Did this story take place after the original film?

To close, while it's not the worst fanfic I've ever read in my life, but it was unnecessary dark for the wrong reason.

Also, while it's just a minor nitpick, the author notes at the end was random that you might as well put it at another fanfic instead of this one.
Super Heart Lollipop chapter 1 . 6/16/2009