Reviews for A Day for Savoring Bad Moods
Shanee chapter 6 . 4/23/2011
I liked it. Even if you'll let some of the ending in suspense.
ZkKtTysoul chapter 6 . 4/17/2011
Thanks for a good read. Interesting view of the hand holding thing. Definitely agree that TC wouldn't want Logan around making the shots. Loved how she handled Logan.
LaedieDuske chapter 5 . 10/9/2010
I was drawn in by the descriptiveness and imagery in your writing, to the point where I found myself actually getting angry at Max for being so brutally cruel to Alec. Had to step back, take a breath, remind myself it's just a story and then come back to it. Very well done. It's a rare treat to find a story that can draw me in to that extent, though I am happily surprised to say that I have found more than a few right here on this site. Thank you for posting!

LD
pandalaughing chapter 6 . 8/13/2010
Wow, this was a very good story, and you're an awesome writer, but I have to say this was the first DA story I've ever read that didn't have me rooting for a M/A ending. Honestly if I were Alec I'd have taken that tv to her head, before I split TC and left her to deal with her own problems. I did LMAO when they drug Logan out though.
Whirlwind421 chapter 6 . 1/19/2010
I liked the last two chatpers best. The action and introspection were nice pieces. I didn't really like the parts with Logan. They felt a bit off. Overall, good story. :)
dancer in the rain chapter 6 . 5/24/2009
iliked very much interesting story
bewarethemelodrama chapter 6 . 5/11/2009
Back as promised. First, these lines really made me laugh.

Chapter 3:

Well, she had a news flash for Logan, she could fucking well take care of herself, and she would deal with Alec swiftly and severely, just as soon as she dumped Logan again.

Chapter 4:

“As far as Princess and the rest of us are concerned the show is all yours unless you try to hand the reigns over to the monkey.”

Chapter 5:

“Get rid of your own damn love monkey,”

I'm not usually a big Logan basher, but most of my favourite lines seem to relate to that... Hmm. I'll just put it down to your good characterisation of Mole. I actually found myself hoping that Alec (or Mole) would drag him out of there by the scruff of his neck by chapter three, so bravo on the ending! I got my wish D

The only constructive criticism I can think of is that I got the impression your strengths lie more in description than dialogue. The description of the fight was fantastic; the pace was good and the action was detailed. Some of the speech throughout the story felt a little forced in places. I think I noticed it mostly in Logan's dialogue, but I didn't notice any problems at all in Alec's... Maybe it's just Logan issues again.

Er, yeah. I've not really got anything else negative to say.

I really liked the mirroring of Max and Alec at the end of the first and second chapter. I thought that worked really effectively. And I also love the fact that Alec was so easily won over by a TV. Totally suiting to his character.

Oh, actually, I kinda objected to this sentence in chapter 5:

'Belatedly realizing that Alec must have been holding back with her every other time they’d fought,'

That and all the related stuff afterward. I understand the resistance to hurt her, but I still don't think he would win. Give her a hell of a fight? Yes. Win? No. He may have more training, and be a bit bigger than her, but the girl has runes growing out of her DNA! She's kind of special. I'm a canon junkie so it's a personal thing I guess, but that was just always a big deal in the show. Don't you remember 'Fuhgeddaboudit'?

Girls kick ass, it says so on the t-shirt. :)

And nine bottles of bourbon? Never mind knocking a girl on her ass, how about making a girl need to pee!

I really enjoyed this, and look forward to your next story update!
bewarethemelodrama chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
I wasn't planning on reviewing each seperate chapter, I was just gonna review when I finished, but I have to comment on this before I forget:

'It was raining, which wasn’t a huge surprise considering he was in Seattle and all, but this wasn’t just normal rain. This was the torrential kind of sheeting rain that came with bone penetrating cold and a gunpowder gray sky for as far as the eye – even the transgenic eye – could see.'

Awesome opening lines. If this chapter is anything to go by, I'm looking forward to the rest. You are a really good writer! Your writing is lucid, coherant, vivid and emotive. No offence to FFnet writers, but I tend to not expect too much on FFnet since they have no vetting policy (I'm sure you've come across some of the stuff I'm alluding to. Dire doesn't begin to cover it) so this was a really lovely surprise! Now I'm off to read the rest. :)
purplebunnywabbit chapter 6 . 3/26/2009
I was a little bit disappointed that this was the last chapter. And then I saw that you have another fic and felt better.

You should stick your chapters up more slowly, you’ll have readers begging for you to update, and thus more reviews. I know it’s not the important part, but it makes the writing a little more gratifying. I mean I don’t like to wait so I probably shouldn’t give you that advice, but I am.

I enjoy your writing very much.

I’m happy that this Max isn’t deluded enough to think she is able to win fights with Alec because she’s better. Because it’s so unlikely.

I really enjoyed the hauling Logan away part. The best part of the story I do think. Nice work.
purplebunnywabbit chapter 5 . 3/26/2009
Max is all cool and collected as she asks for Alec, and we all know her gears have been spinning since she heard what he did. It’s kinda devious. I don’t know which is worse, her, or Mole (Mole with his friendly assistance and preparedness of moonshine). This chapters happenings kinda sucked. I mean they kick the daylights outta one of another… they better be feeling bad.
purplebunnywabbit chapter 4 . 3/26/2009
It’s hilarious how Max finds an excuse to kick Alec’s ass when she finds out her original reason isn’t quite valid. I mean he’s not planning to outright steal command from her, so now she’s going to kick his ass for screwing up her ‘breakup’ with Logan, when we all know that Logan would find a million reasons without overhearing the transgenic’s discussion. I totally wish she had some other transgenics drag his stupid ass out of TC. Also, your OC is the best. I love her, none of that crap advice about treating Logan right.
purplebunnywabbit chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Just when I think Logan can’t be any more frustrating and desperate he does! Gosh that Logan man, he’s so damn irritating. If only Max would’ve seen that in the series. I mean what about Seth and his lovely support of Zack… I’m surprised that woman wound up holding his grubby little hand in the finale. And then you make her go all big bad b* on his butt and I’m so hopelessly hooked. Gah. I love it!
purplebunnywabbit chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
Okay, so I was interrupted by the real world unfortunately. So I didn't get the chance to read the second chapter until just now. And I have to tell you, I loved it. I mean Logan was annoying as ever, but as miserable as this story is so far I adore it.
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
Hmm... this one is most certainly interesting. Honestly I don’t want to come up with some articulate amazing review right now, because this chapter has desperately urged me to read on. So enough of this, I’m reading Chapter number 2.
nexus432 chapter 6 . 3/24/2009