Reviews for Bad Guy
Wolfen Dreams chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
...Is it bad that laughing at your comment about Jesse rearranging lamps was the thing I've laughed hardest at all day today?

I quite agree with you. I don't like Jesse (though her Aussie accent is a plus in my book) but that's because I love Cameron - makes it kinda hard to like her. But I respect her motives and don't much think of her as evil. Humans can have differences of opinion, Jesse was just asserting that right. And I definitely liked her inclusion into the show.

Right from your summary, I knew just what this was going to be about, and I quite liked the idea - enough that I decided to read a character study on a character I don't particularly like, with no signs of mentions of characters I do. And still enjoyed it.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Liked this much. No man is a villain in his own eyes. Derek said something like that as well, didn't he? He's another caring soul who's willing to make hard decisions, just not Jesse's.

And, methinks the lady liked Riley far more than she wanted to admit. Because the kid was a sacrifice on the altar of Jesse's mission, and our Aussie agent provocateur is dealing with too many internal conflicts already, eh?
fandroid chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
There need not be good guys or bad guys, shades of grey paint a more accurate reality.

Jesse is her own blend, we judge her from what we know of her.

Liked this take on her background and the the layers of her character.

She has her reasons for doing what she does, and I think you've successfully captured that.
silvercoat chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I like this one. You capture the personality of the character, and achieve your goal of making the reader sympathetic.

The language you use seems spot on for her, and from it I can sense her inner turmoil, her frustration at the inadequacies of humanity.

Minor nit pick; "but I still can’t wondering about it". Is there a word missing there?

I'll be checking out more of your stuff when I get time.

silvercoat
Kiwikatipo chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Jesse was not evil, I enjoyed your take on her.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Very nicely done. I agree that Jesse never was evil; she was desperate and was working with the best information she had for who she was and when she came from, and this captured that desperate, determined bitterness very well.
Pjazz chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Nice. Very nice. a well written piece.

If I'm picky you could've made Jesse sound more Australian. Add a few more love's, bloody's and stewth, mate's. Also, mention sport - Aussie's love their sport. And the Poms (the arrogant English, Lol).

I agree; Jesse was one of the more interesting characters. Certainly better than the Weaver/Ellison yawnfest.
geekischic chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Oh I loved this! Jesse has been one of my favorite characters since she first joined the show, and you totally captured her character and her thoughts in this piece. Awesome job I really enjoyed it! :)
StarzAngelus chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Loved it. I'm one of those people that does not see the black or white; I enjoy the "morally gray" aspects of people. Bad guys, good guys... meh.

Jesse isn't a Bad Guy. Like everyone else, she took a stand in what she believed in. Sure, she lives in a world where you either live or die, man vs. machine, but she has seen past that.

But she's only human...

Great job. :)
Metroid13 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Ask and ye shall receive. This was excellently written. It flowed well, not a stone was out of place as far as narrative is concerned, and I could literally hear her voice speaking. This chapter is mostly introduction, I suppose. I'm wondering if there will actually be a hard narrative and plot aside from pure character study, but I wouldn't be adverse if the latter were true. As I said, it's an enjoyable read.

Some minor quibbles: there were a few odd phrases that seemed to lack vital words. Typos, I suppose. Be sure to give your writing a brief once-over before publishing it so you can stamp those little bastards out.

And that's basically it. I'm in the camp that says Jesse ain't all that bad myself, so this appeals to me on a story-basis as well as the fact that it's written well. Will be watching for more of this, and I'm glad we actually have more character study going on instead of the usual *ing boring Jameron stuff that's prevalent here.
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Good story. I think you really got a nice feel for the character. I liked reading your take on her,great job!
Cereza671 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
i really appreciate the time you took in writing this. I can tell just by reading it that you really thought this one out. I like how you made it seem as if I was reading a piece out of Jesse's mind or journal...really put me in her shoes; you kept it in character. Best way to tell the story in my opinion. And yes Aussie accents are awesome l0l.
mandy-somebody chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
A very well developed story, I liked it a lot :)

I like the way you portray Jesse, a lot of people reckon she's just the "bad guy" as you put it, but I kinda learned to love the character as she grew on the show. I think she was just doing what she thought was right and I'll miss her now that she's gone :(

Nice work with the aussie-style words there, I really heard her voice while I was reading this :)
OneWIshMakeItCount chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
oh no i cant have her rearrange my lamps what would i do THEN! really liked this add to jessie it was a very nice story!