Reviews for The Bonny Welshman
aBlue Gillespian chapter 35 . 10/1/2013
Hi there, I've read almost everything on your list, but was too busy to leave a review to every chapter or story. Wanted to say that your writing I very captivating, but by far this little series are what interested me the most. They read as a great sci-fi novel. I like your idea of the crew, how they came together and despite being the outcasts and not having much case to trust anyone in the past started to trust each other. I really like the picture you are portraying about the Human Empire. The way that things are settled in the future so you can paint your own world, which you did brilliantly. I enjoy the most the places with the crew. There are some very strong character in there, and your ability to creat each one of them individually and make them so complex is admirable. There are a couple of places with wrong wording in sentences, or repeating, or missing words, but I'm sure this is not due to your not knowing grammar. Is most likely you wanted to change the sentence, but a word didn't erase or got erased without you noticing. Something that happens to anyone and is easily caught if you have beta reader. Just try to proof read it before posting. Also there was times from the second story of the series onwards that you lied too much on the fluff in my opinion. I personally got bored by all the repeating of 'I love you so, so much. I'll never leave you' that I started skimming or plainly skipping on the Jack and Kam parts. Also Kam's insecurities. But apart of that I think the series are so good that if you just change the names of the canon characters to your own creation you can publish this as a novel.
WickedBlue chapter 35 . 2/5/2011
Another incredible sequel. And I really like Julian. You always come up with really interesting OCs.

Thank you so much for keeping writing this awesome series.
kateydidnt chapter 24 . 8/6/2010
Oh my freaking golly. . . . I hadn't read this in a while and I was re-reading through the bonny welshman 'verse and just connected Kase to your newest story. I feel like an idiot.

I had remembered the scene with Kam remembering his trainer who was kind, but I didn't recall the name. I nearly screamed when I re-read this chapter.
DarkWolfYingFa chapter 18 . 5/20/2010
I know this is complete, but i was just re-reading this and i realized that An never tells Jack and Kam about her son that she sold to the Red House. I think it would make a nice sequel if you did something with that. It was a very sad story and something I'd be interested in reading more about. I also had the thought 'what if her son was the Cyprian that taught Kam? The one that Kam loved and who was sold at the end of Kam's training?' Just a thought, but either way, I hope I get to learn more about An and her Cyprian "kid" that's like 25.
deemama66 chapter 35 . 3/9/2010
I finally read through all of this

IANTO came back as kam anders...reincarnation..!

tell ya this story was just one of many and it is FANTASTIC

wonders who will be next if and when kam passes hopefully from old age..?

just an idea..?
jireland chapter 35 . 1/13/2010
I never thought I'd read this series of stories because of the lack of Ianto, but I LOVED it, each and every story! I only just watched CoE this weekend, dreading the demise of my favorite character. I haven't found any stories in which Ianto is missing any good at all. You and Sidlerocks have really fleshed out a wonderful cast of characters and plots. I now, am restlessly anticipating the next story is this arc. Kam is his own man as well as a conduit for Ianto soul. I can’t wait to see how he grows along with the rest of the crew. Thank you for a great read!
Village-Mystic chapter 35 . 11/12/2009
Powerful chapter emotionally, and good follow up on the plot. Overall you did an excellent job of showing space travel and living - with the long stretches and dealing with the unexpected as it comes up. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Village-Mystic chapter 21 . 11/11/2009
Good demonstration on how long it takes to get from point a to point b, and nice continuation of on going plot and character issues.
Village-Mystic chapter 20 . 11/11/2009
You devil, Helen. I'd kiss Jack if he asked, and I'm sure a lot of the fans of the show would too. Now, John (his actor) wouldn't ask, but Jack would.
Village-Mystic chapter 15 . 11/11/2009
Good demonstration over the past few chapters of exactly why Kam has sudden fears and insecurities. Some of that "training" is repressed and assimilated, some of it not... but it is all a part of his life experience. It shows strength of character that he could ever become an individual... or anything other than a petty, twisted individual.
Village-Mystic chapter 13 . 11/11/2009
Super angsty and worth the adult rating. The different life experiences making the different person.
Village-Mystic chapter 10 . 11/11/2009
Ooh. either a new painting of Kam and Jack or another old one of Ianto and Jack.
Village-Mystic chapter 9 . 11/11/2009
So, since you do not seem to get my direct notes, I will just speculate that the reason why the past and the future is in flux around Jack - and why what Rose did worked - is because he is a paradox. I bet you if the Doctor were anywhere as good at Gallifreyan genetics as the Rani, he'd discover that each of Jack's biological grandparents were also his descendants.
Village-Mystic chapter 7 . 11/11/2009
Interesting twist. I suppose it would be much harder to track your family after 500 years than 165 of them.
Village-Mystic chapter 6 . 11/11/2009