Reviews for Learning to Be
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
Love it! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2016
I enjoyed this story so much. Thank you.
Yellowsprout chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
Great work! I really liked the ancient vulcan idea
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
What a wonderful story! Beautifully imagined, well written, and containing plausible explanations for Spock's being the way he is. Brava!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
Excellent story. Thanks.
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
To borrow a quote from Spock: a 'most interesting' story.

I really like the idea and the way you wrote this. It took me a moment to get into it but after that it was easy to follow along and yet at the same time the sense of 'this is important, pay attention' never left. Unusual situation to have both at the same time but you made it work. My compliment on that.

Garen is a quite intriguing character and I really like how you captured the personality of Spock in his childhood as well as those who are around him.

Also, it was nice to see what set certain things into motion.

Plus I believe you have come up with a really good idea regarding the events of the past mentioned by Sarek.

There was something else that I wanted to say but I seem to have forgotten it while typing this review '

One thing which has nothing to do with this story really is something I want to say however: somewhere along the plot I felt a sort of familiarity. It took me a moment to find out what it was and finally realized that it was a feeling I sometimes have while reading a really good Lord of the Rings story with a certain focus. I haven't done so in quite a while and am unable to guess as to what prompted this reaction.

Take this as you want.

For what its worth: to me it was further proof that I enjoyed this story. D
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
nice
minehaha chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Possibly the best story I have ever read about Spock childhood. You steer us exquisitely to the complexity of his mind.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I am new at fanfiction and I am just a reader. I really enjoyed this story. Full filling and thankfully not another story of s/u.
Kamai6 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Wow! That is amazing! You have portrayed the depth of the Vulcan "soul" beautifully!

Well Done!

Keep Writing!

Kamai6
noonsun chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Dude, how do you have only 16 reviews for this story? It's one of the best-written stories I've read here... I mean, wow. Well done.
Artfox1498 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
:( poor garen!
laughingst chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Interesting. A well-written story!
Saavek chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Geez you're just one of those people who i wonder why they haven't published books (or have you) because this is another great story!
T'Guess chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Damn, woman - you certainly know how to write. :) I so admire your talent. Lovely story, filled with many heart-warming moments. I do love how you write Spock in general and specifically here - as a child, and your OC is a fascinating, fleshed-out personality who was a delight to read. This story is a 'keeper' - seems I'll be using my printer a lot now cos I'm planning to make hard copies of your stories so I can read them over and over.