Reviews for He's Not Heavy He's My Cousin
dabzzygirl chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
Loved it! Is that how Gorply was on the show? That was mean for him to say what he did to Balki. I forgot how funny Perfect Strangers was.
Gage39 chapter 5 . 6/29/2009
Too funny! I loved this story!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 5 . 5/30/2009
Ooh, I love this, too! So much angsty h/c and family cuteness...

Balki is such a good cousin for Larry, and I love how you've captured that here. Him blaming himself for the fiasco is so him... and so sad...

And Gorply certainly doesn't help...

And ooh, poor Balki, thinking that he doesn't deserve to hug his cousin anymore... But yay for Larry setting him straight! Aww, that end scene with the cookbook was so adorable!

Another awesome fic!
Lone Wolfette chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
A wonderful story. I could see the whole thing as though it were an episode. You've got the characters down pat! :D
smartyjonescrzy chapter 5 . 3/31/2009
Yay, it's finished! Great job! I think this chapter was my favorite...

That's sweet. Balki's a hero! And all this time, he's thought it was his fault.

Good, Larry made sure to set him straight on what caused his appendicitis. I'm with you, Larry. Gorpley is a Jerk with a capital J!

That was really thoughtful of Larry, to do the right thing and let Balki continue his Myposian cooking. After all, Balki really knows how to do his little singing bits to go with them! My favorite has to be his "Bibbi Babbka Ditty."

The end had me laughing. What a way to close the story! It was like I was watching an episode of PS! This was phenomenal, and I really enjoyed reading it. (Already added to my favorites!)

And I've never gotten the chance to formally thank you for not abusing the English language like a lot of other authors on this site and using percise diction and grammar in you fanfics. (All except, of course, for characters that use incorrect diction, like Balki.) I really appreciate that, and I thank you for it. :)

Now, to go see the other illustrations you've done! Those are a treat in themselves!... :)

-smarty
LADYMALLARD chapter 5 . 3/31/2009
Oh Goodness, in a moment of weekness, to be nice to his cousin, Larry has willingly opened himself up to a possible case of indigestion, That's so Sweet! (I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.)This was a great ending, to a great story. I loved reading it, as well as looking at your illustrations, they really added to my appreciation and visualization, of your story. I was so happy, that Larry was able to straighten Balki out, about the cooking "NOT" being the cause, of his illness, after that boss of his,that *&%$# Jerk, told him such a lie, upsetting him. Well, all's well that ends well!(as Shakespeare said! (_)yea!) You did a great job! I can't wait for your next story! Till next time.
smartyjonescrzy chapter 4 . 3/30/2009
Poor Balki, I know just how he's feeling through all this. It's NOT plesant.

Oh, great, Mr. Gorpley. That's just like him, too. He's so mean to Balki, just because he doesn't like him. The guy's got no heart at all! And you portrayed him as very heartless here! Now he's gone and made things worse. It really takes a rotten human being to take advantage of ignorance.

Oh, good, Larry's made it out all right. Maybe now Balki can stop worrying.

Nope, I was wrong. Balki's not going to be satisfied until he hears it from Larry himself! The sleep will do him good, though. That's sweet of him to stay there with his cousin...

A very true and accurate portrayel of their friendship and its strength in this chapter! I can't wait to read what happens next! :)
Alani chapter 4 . 3/29/2009
Mr. Gorpley is so mean. Taking advantage of poor Balki like that.
LADYMALLARD chapter 4 . 3/28/2009
I'm glad, all went well with the operation and Larry will be fine now that it's over but, I could just slap that boss of Balki's silly, what a jerk. Telling him, that his cooking caused the appendicitis. How terribly cruel of him. Who ever the lady is who slammed his hand in the door, good for her! I hope it hurts ALOT!(Well, that's out of my system)I hope the doctors, will set Balki straight, about what really caused Larry's illness. Great job with your latest chapter, I look forward to the next one. Till then!
smartyjonescrzy chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Poor Balki! He must be so frightened.

I would be scared, too, I mean, I've been there before. Last July, my grandfather had to have a valve replacement and then another open heart two days after the operation to remove blockage, and that was a scary time. I could hardly stand that waiting room, I felt so sick to my stomach. I tried walkng around, but that didn't help too much, either. He was in IC for about two weeks and it was really touch and go. Those were two really long weeks for us. Only when it seemed like he was about out of the woods did I finally start to relax. Add in Balki's ignorance, and that's going to lead to only more worry!

At least an appendectomy is really routine for us. I heard a definition of an appendectomy once before that Balki might understand: "In scientific terms, an appendectomy is when they take the little thingamajig out of your tum-tum that you really don't need-need." lol. :)

I hope Larry makes it through all right! I feel so sorry for Balki, I really wish that I could be there to help him get through that really tough time in the waiting room! He could worry himself sick!

I can't wait for your next update! :)
LADYMALLARD chapter 3 . 3/25/2009
Well, as upset as he is, at least Balki knows it wasn't the food, that caused his cousins illness. I know it's little comfort to him, sitting there worried about the operation. I'm not terribly fond of hospitals and I hate needles, so I can relate to Balki's anxiety about the situation. Here's hoping all is well after the operation. I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Till next time!
smartyjonescrzy chapter 2 . 3/24/2009
Poor Balki, he's really worried.

I had a feeling it was appendicitis! That can be really serious if it goes untreated for very long. I hope they caught it in time.

Balki doesn't have any idea what things are like at the hospital, does he? (Though I shouldn't be surprised after seeing him wear a bedpan and think it was a Myposian Army helmet!) I mean, he doesn't know what symptoms are or what a hospital bracelet is...this could make for a very interesting situation!

The hospital volunteers and Balki's interest make me think a little about my own fanfic and what happens quite a bit later on, toward the end...:)

Bslki's right. Larry does drink Maalox like it's water. That can't be too healthy! Though my favorite line of his had to be when he said that Larry once told Jennifer that Balki gave him hives. Fantastic!

Great update! I can't wait to read what you have in store next! :)
Alani chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Poor Larry.

Good start. I'm looking forward to more.

Alani.
LADYMALLARD chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
Well, now that they are at the hospital and are getting Larry looked after, I am sure they'll find out what's wrong. But, having had some experiences similar, to what Balki's going thru at the hospital, due to one thing or another, I can certainly relate to his nervousness, which is why I'm not surprised he was speaking in his own language at first. I sure hope they can find out what's wrong and relieve Balki's mind, that it wasn't his fault. Great Job! I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great work!
smartyjonescrzy chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
The title is very reminescent of "He's My Brother," the Osmond family 'theme song,' if you will. The only reason why I know that is because both my parents love the Osmonds, growing up in the seventies and all. They're always playing the 50th anniversary show CD around the house! :)

Balki must feel terrible, thinking he's the reason why Larry's sick. He was a pal and stayed with him, though. I don't think he has to worry about anything, though. Larry's problem was definitely not caused by the chicken tongue!

Oh, don't worry. I'm as impatient as you are. I'm about to post chapters 11, 12, and 13, and I'm currently working on 14 of 35. I've still got a ways to go in typing, yet I've already started pounding out my next little ficlet in pencil. :)

Balki seems to have encountered a lot of death through his sheepherding days. First there was the real Dimitri, who got ran over by a cart to save Balki's life, and now there's Dolly, yet another sheep that died in his care. At least it seems to not have had a very traumatic effect on him!

What an exciting end to the chapter! Now I have 2 updates from you to look forward to! I hope Larry's going to be all right!