Reviews for Fille de Joie
yorkielover123456789 chapter 1 . 2/2
This was literally me reading the plot twist.

: :[ :0 :O OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SNAPPLES WHAT HOW WHY HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS HAPPENING OHMIGOSH

Other than the plot twist, I think you nailed the second person P.O.V pretty well. And that's a pretty big achievement, so enjoy this cyber-cookie.
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
There were a few reviews that said that the Scarecrow was in this story. I reread this but I couldn't find him. Also, all people who read reviews and don't know, the guy at the end was Victor Zsasz, who kills everyone he can and marks himself with a scar to keep tally, and whose last name I can't pronounce. How DO you pronounce his last name?
Jejune Nightshade chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Love the ending, it brought a smile on my face. How Victor Zsasz ALWAYS get's his prey. Very nice. :D
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
This is a very powerful story. Ugliness and despair galore. I really like the narrative, there’s something delightfully mean about it. Nice roles for Ozzy and Zsasz, who I feel are very underused.

Wasn’t this originally a Scarecrow story though? The story isn’t weaker in any way without him but I thought it was a lovely little end scene he had.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I read this story before, and I've got to say I really like the new version! It stands out, it's easy to follow, the use of second person added empathy, and you gave dimension to an original character whose real name we never learn. The overall tone felt very harsh, very gritty...and interestingly, not pure Nolanverse. More like a blend with the comics. At least, that's how I read it. Very original of you to feature the oft neglected Zsasz in a fic, and to make all cannon characters cameos. This piece felt like a glimpse into the ordinary people of Gotham. And in a way (if I REALLY look into things), it almost seems like Cherry could symbolize the whole city. She had everything, fell from grace through violence and corruption, encountered the fantastic without astoundingly positive results, and probably met her death at the hands of a mad man. Very unique and well done shot!
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Oh my goodness - this was fantastic! Your writing style is REALLY good. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen.

I normally don't like OC's like this - you know, the little pretty rich girl who's fallen from grace and is now a prostitute - but your OC was actually likeable. (I hesitate to call her an OC because you wrote in the third person, but I also hesitate to call her "me", if you know what I mean.)

Anyway, like I said before, I thought this was great. I was so disappointed to find that this story was listed as 'complete' - I would so love to read more of this!

Keep up the good work. (:

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours

Ps. Was that the Joker, at the end? I was a little confused.
Teh Soul Cookie chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Wow...I know I've mentioned this before but your amazing. That was just...No words to describe how uttertly scary and, well, awesome that was...cool...it acutally gave me shivers...Kudos.
Twinings chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Oh, Ops. That was incredible. And the use of first person made it feel so immediate and...personal? Meaningful? Real?

But, oddly enough, I don't think the denouement was necessary. It's not bad as a Scarecrow fic, but I think it would have stood better on its own.

-pet pet-

-3.0
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
This is so twisted!Poor Cherry.:(

You need to see a .

That Jonathan can be such an sob at times,

can't he?:)
madscott chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
that was absolutely fantastic! creepy as hell at the end, but fantastic.
IHeartTheBlackParade chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Oh my god, that was so cool. It was amazing, I mean it! Very unique and intriging. You created a character who we become bonded with as she tells us her tale, yet we don't feel sad at the end, because like she stated herself, no one cares much about for long. Jonathan is so dark and twisted but so addictive to read about; he's my absolute favorite character, I love him. Wonderful, wonderful story.
Where Do You go chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was amazing! Your writing style is so alluring and clever, I couldn't reading if I wanted to! Great job!
nolongeractiveignoredelete chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Lovely piece.

I like your style, the way your writing is fragmented and raw, and gives the reader a startling insight into your characters feelings. Your description was unique, very blunt and creative, which I liked. I would love to read more from you ;)