Reviews for The Dolittle Effect
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
ah! i found one that i hadn't yet reviewed. in fact, i hadn't read it. surprise!

and um... can i ask? recently did you submit something and then pull it? in my recent dark days i thought i'd seen a new story but then i couldn't find it. could be i was just confused. or i dreamt it. i often mix up my dreams with reality (well, no, that's not true but it does sometimes happen).

"dolittle" is quite cute. it made me smile (undomesticated equines!). but a bittersweet smile - there's something sad in reading about nine and rose. i don't quite know why... you do rose and jackie well (was there ever any doubt?). but i wonder why it makes me a bit sad? hmm..

and now, moving on, thank you for your most recent response to my previous review. it did indeed provide a diversion and a most welcome one. PLUS you used the word effusive... YOU. USED THE WORD. EFFUSIVE. wow.

have you seen the movie 'gangs of new york'? it is spectacular. i admit, i've not read the book and now think i should (i'll get it from the library! ah! wonderful, wonderful libraries! i just got the latest john le carre book and am so excited).

and i agree with you the chrysler (especially at night) is the most beautiful building in the world.

and yes, 'mork and mindy' was set here in this place where i live. the opening of the show was filmed in boulder and there even is a pedestrian shopping mall downtown. we are alarmingly liberal and call ourselves 'the republic of boulder'. we area also the most healthy city in the country, chock-a-block with runners, cyclists, hikers, kayakers, mountain climbers...

i like your ideas for stories! sgt bilko? now that.. THAT... i want to read. i admit i occasionally get odd if not disturbing ideas - they often come in my sleep. one recently was a scrubs/dw crossover. now, i have to admit i was not a huge scrubs fan - i watched it the first few years it was on but then stopped because i dont find that kind of humor funny (mean people don't make me laugh). so where did that idea come from? i've no clue. but all of your ideas are intriguing! i send you all the, um, encouragement that i can fit through the pipe.

yep, something is cooking on my side. it's still a ways away, tho. i've got a paper to give next week at a conference and then another to prepare for early next year. in the meantime, i've started doing an outline and working out the kinks.

as for sheer strength of will - i am still trying my best. one must try one's best, yes? "never give up, never surrender"? "what would jack do?" have you ever written jack? hm...

"the doctor barked a laugh."

heheheh. i mean, you did make me smile. not a small order these days.

bye-bye, bb...
timano chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Clever story, cute ending - 10 out of 10 stars! (I always wondered what animals would say if I could understand them. The Doctor and his companions can! I really did enjoy this story.
teddybowties chapter 1 . 3/21/2009

Sunfall E chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
I like this story. By the way, It is Dolittle, with one O. There are a couple of Lofting's books available on Project Gutenberg's website.