Reviews for Remember the Amalek
Caligo Origuu chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Really like the parallel drawn between the Winchester brothers and Aaron and Moses. They need that reminder sometimes that they're so much stronger together than alone.
spnMom chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Finally, a nice fic that agrees with my opinions... If there are angels that are working for Lucifer, it is absolutely possible for Ruby to be a "good" demon (or at least better than average :-). Also, it is possible that they are leading Castiel to aggravate the tension between Sam & Dean because together they can stop the apocalypse. I loved this story... Thanks!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Fantastic. That was just a perfect tag and I love how you managed to convincingly work in the fact that maybe Sam might not be 'evil' as we are (possibly) being led to believe. I personally agree wholeheartedly with this bit that Castiel said:

When he looked back at Castiel, the angel was smiling. “Quite,” he agreed before he let the smile fade. “Dean Winchester, I will tell you what I do know. I know that Samuel's powers are remarkable. I know that he fights the same enemy I have been sent to fight. I know that he has not abused those powers.”

I truly do think that Sam is doing something questionable but for the right reasons. First and foremost being a desire to protect his brother. Ruby I don't trust one bit, and I think she has her own agenda, but I can grudgingly accept what Castiel said about her too.

I don't know many Bible stories, I must admit, but I loved the story of Moses and his brother and I can completely see the parallels with the Winchesters. And the ending was brilliant - as much as I sadly doubt it will come to pass in Kripke's world, I do believe in my heart that they will always be unbeatable together and I wish we could see them fight the acocalypse that way. I also think you got it spot on when Sam said Dean couldn't borrow what was already his - they are definitely each other's strength.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, thank you :)
JEM515 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
I loved this story. If only Kripke and company would go down this path... this has been a wonderful season for Dean and I like the overall plot, but hate watching Sam be deconstructed.
sgail chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Great analogy between Moses/Aaron and Dean/Sam. I wish that events would turn out like you describe in this story, but I've got a bad feeling that all will not go well with the brothers Winchester. I hope I'm wrong though. (crosses fingers)
staceycj chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Interesting idea. I can only hope it will be this simple and warm.
Alice I chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I read this when it first was posted but have not had the opportunity to comment.

I am familiar with the story of Aaron and Moses but not until I was reminded of it by reading this. I like you take on the situation. I have never seen why Sam couldn't use his abilities to fight the demon army. As I said on the forum thread why is that so much worse than having Dean torture Alistair for information? The fact that Uriel was the one killing the other angels took me by surprise, and I believe that it is entirely plausible that he was disseminating false orders to Castiel.

This is the third SPN one-shot of your I have read and I am impressed with all of them. Good work, Cat.

Alice
printandpolish chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
First of all, the title of this story is terrific - very clever and appropriate.

This makes me so happy, seriously. I was quite depressed after last week's episode. I am really starting to not trust Ruby and the idea that Sam might really turn evil, despite his good intentions, is very disturbing to me. And it is hard to see Dean broken. But this story gives me hope - maybe Uriel was so insistent that Sam not use his powers, because he knew Sam could defeat Lillith.

Awesome. Thank you. :-)
casammy.armoasantander019gmai chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
un consejo continue con esta historia
casammy.armoasantander019gmai chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
es fantastico su fic justamente estabamos discutiendo en varios foros los fans de SNT que cas tendría que elegir a sam para hacer el trabajo que de hecho sam esta haciendo por que hasta ahora demostro ser el único que puede enfrentar y vencer a los demonios más poderosos y que su poder si bien es demoniaco sam los usa para destruir a los demonios y que no tenía sentido que los ángeles fueran tan estúpidos para no verlo y ayudarlo a pelera en lugar de estar en su contra y si dean debe indefectiblemente ser quien termine con el apocalipsis necesitará la ayuda de sam si o si por que en este momento sam es quien se ha convertido en un peligrosísimo cazador si hasta pareciera que es la reencarnación de john winchester, tan seguro de sí mismo, tan fuerte y sin ningún tipo de miedo, a mi me encata y estoy de acuerdo con cas en todo
annie200 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
This story made me cry, almost with relief! I've been so convinced that Sam and Dean were being manipulated to be on opposite sides that I'd almost lost faith, but I'm off to read about Aaron now.

I loved the ending:

am’s Adam’s apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed. He held Dean’s gaze, then shifted closer to him on the bed. “It’s yours,” he answered simply. “You don’t need to borrow what was yours in the first place. My strength comes from you, Dean. Don’t you know that?”

Dean smiled briefly, and brushed at an eye with one hand. “Sam,” he continued, “it’s time to let all this stuff between us go. We need to face this battle…”

“…together,” Sam finished for him. “We fight together, Dean. Always.”

This was just perfect!

From your pen to Kripke's ear!
masondixon chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Ah, if only the show could turn this way and follow this path. Who knows, perhaps by next season, it will.

A good story; brought light to a very dark episode.

Thank You.
Acheron Blake chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Now this is a truly inspiring story. It's full of Sam and Dean goodness and Castiel uncertainty which is always good. I truly love this. Especially the reference to Moses and Aaron. You are honestly amazingly stupendos. Love the idea of Good!Sam. Don't see it too often since the angels told Dean to stop him. Maybe there's a sequel in the mix? *Much Pouting and looking through lashes* Great!
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
I love the parallel between Moses and Aaron & Sam and Dean. That was brillant. Great story!
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was great! Loved how you tied in the story of Moses & Aaron.