Reviews for The Hard Knocks That Mattered
Sumomo14 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Oh my gosh! I almost started crying at the end! When did Edward die? Was it when he was sixteen, and was that the reason that h couldn't go to Bella, or was it when he was older, and he simply forgot?

I'd really like to know, so if you could tell me, I'd appreciate it!
acydrose chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Wow! I loved it! It got me all touchy and sentimental :)

Great work.
shianne123 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
very interesting one shot. I was bumed when I read that he died but when you had her die right there on the stone with him I thought it couldnt have ended a better way.
Sheeijan chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Well, damn, sad much? *grin* That made me cry. I was about ready to reach through the screen and try to find Edward so I could beat him, but then you made me feel all guilty for believing he would abandon Bella willingly.

I'm sorry for the writer's block, I hope this helped. And thank you for writing!
BlackKeys09 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
"I met the doctor that was last with him years ago. He said he died saying my name. Telling him that if they should ever see a girl with a paper clip heart around her neck, to tell her that Edward loved her."

That line was perfect.

I really liked the story, it was the perfect mix of sweet and sad.
kellcullen chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Oh that was so sad! Poor Bella...poor Edward..
Moe115 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
so sad. but so good!

I am crying right now, great job!
appafangirl chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
I love the setting for this! I think it could be a good story! I love the idea of Edward and Bella being in an orphanage together...
The Prophet of July chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
oh. my. effing. god. that was so sad, i nearly cried. Far better than any other bella-in-orphanage stories i've ever read. I would ask for more chapters, but i like it as a oneshot. maybe you could write a different story in which edward comesback as a vampire and he couldn't get her from the orphanage cuz he's not human, then they meet and fall in love or something. With the occaisonal lemon, of course. no story is complete without some citrus fruit. Hehe. Bella and edward growing lemon trees in the back yard... makiing lemonade... hehe. Sorry for typos and stuff. I was up until, like, 4 amish last night and am currently too tired to care about spelling/grammar issuess. again, awesome story. -amelia
AllyR chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was beautiful. Even your simple writing exercises are better than anything I could ever hope to write lol.
EternalConfusion chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
O - I likey - I likey very muchly! I really enjoyed reading this - I enjoy reading AUs that are quite different from time to time. I like the way it was written too...could be a cool start for a soulmate reincarnation type fic idea...

Great job :)
Hazelnut4o6 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
This was so sad! I was hoping Edward would show up!
emamula chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Just had to go and make me cry, huh?

Really good, and so sweet!

Emily
tehrager chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
how sad. i always feel like crying when i read this kind of stuff.

i liked it though.
EdwardsBrunetteGirl chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was very beautiful. Sad, but beautiful:)
105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7