Reviews for Everything Changes: That First Hydref
Guest chapter 8 . 7/24/2013
Thankyou. DottyWho.
skinnys chapter 8 . 2/3/2012
What a great story, by the end I was smiling both inside and out! Thanks!~
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 5 . 7/5/2010
This has been a great story! Sorry I haven't commented before, but I've just been reading non-stop - I HAVE to find out what happens next!

I loved the Arkans. The way they changed colour, the joy the father took in being able to show his son whales, their personalities - and their space craft! That's my kind of ship - old-fashioned & basic - less to break down!

That was the once thing about TV Torchwood that I just didn't like. We saw Weevils - whoopty-doo - spray them in the face, bag their heads and off to the vaults.

We saw a whatever species Adam was, which looked exactly like a human being when we saw it.

We saw blowfish - you gotta admit, the make-up job on the blowfish when Jack returns from the Year That Never Was, that was absolutely amazing.

Oh yeah, a heart-breaking view of a space whale (I'm so glad that Dr 11 released that one from captivity on that floating world - it was a beautiful sight to behold)

What else - what other aliens have we seen - we saw a few bits of flotsam & jetson (sp?) & debris, but never any aliens.

When they said that Torchwood fights aliens, I pictured the old Star Trek - the half-black & half-white guys, the sinuous green dancers, the Klingons, the Romulans, the Vulcans - I wanted exotic ALIENS! Imagine what they would look like with today's advanced CGI and computer programmes.

Anyway, sorry about the rant - I'm loving this story, and I'm off to read more - been away too long writing this!
deemama66 chapter 8 . 2/9/2010
A fantastic read on a snowy cold winter's night

IDTARDIS chapter 8 . 12/1/2009
Is so cute! and I'm pretty sure you hear this all the time... but it is it, brought a smile to my face, and believe I needed it! I like how you played the characters good. I was hoping for more though.

Love, Tardis
Orion Lyonesse chapter 8 . 11/6/2009
I enjoyed this piece.

I especially liked the aliens and Ianto's dealings with the police. I'll have to rewatch those episodes with the extras you have provided in mind.

I also like your descriptions of the land and weather. It gives an immediacy to the story that few TW fanfics manage.

Keep writing!
RhianaStar chapter 8 . 9/29/2009
Ahh definitely one of my favorites.. not sure if you have other stories relating...but will have a look...
RhianaStar chapter 5 . 9/29/2009
Have to say I may not review each chapter but doesn't mean I don't like them I think I am just trying to get to the next one... I did enjoy this one... Showing them out in the field... liked the way Jack introduced Ianto as his right hand man... You also showed the trust and confidence Jack has in him... Ianto's quick thinking helped with the locals... I could go on and on but I want to read ch 6
RhianaStar chapter 3 . 9/29/2009
I like Owen in this chapter... his character at times was hard to like for me but you have shown a different side of him in your story..
RhianaStar chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Just found your story and from the first I was hooked. This chapter covered one of my favorites... Countrycide because Ianto showed how much of a valued member of the team he was & you've opened up some of the moments into more detail... can't wait to read the rest...
Raelyn33 chapter 8 . 9/25/2009
I'm not entirely sure what else to say other than, "Aw." That was a beautiful ending to a nice story. I've just recently checked out this fandom and ran into this story, so now I get to see what else you've written, I'm sure I'll be just as happy.

Thanks for sharing your writing.
CSIGeekFan chapter 8 . 8/21/2009
I like the growth - the connection you've established between them. You've shown Ianto's insecurities and Jack's compassion really well. Very good.
Black Sorceress chapter 8 . 7/29/2009
That was great! All soft and sweet. Made me smile :-)
Galadriel1010 chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Absolute delight!

I love the way you worked through it, giving us small amounts of beautifull written information, leading up to the promise of the future on the roof. Yeah, absolutely wonderful story. I don't know how I missed it last time, but I'm kinda glad I did, because if I hadn't, I would have had it to read tonight

Galadriel1010 chapter 7 . 4/30/2009
Great reflections on the team. I always love Ianto's POV for looking at the team (and I love the way Jack reacts to Gwen).

Kathy Swanson's thoughts on the team's extra-curricular activities was enlightening if not enlightened.