Reviews for Rise of Namikaze Naruto
Reaper4991 chapter 4 . 10/1
Hmm, I kinda wouldn't mind seeing one or two others with Naruto alongside Ino since he kinda deserves it with all the crap he's gone through heck you could make it so they are all dating each other or that Ino is the actual girlfriend while the other two are... Hmm I'm trying to think of a term that could be used in public... Betas maybe? Or secondary girlfriends as Ino would have first dibs on dates and such
Anyway good chapter and getting some sense into Sasuke and I look forward to seeing the "light" training Naruto is going to show his teammates
Reaper4991 chapter 3 . 9/30
If Naruto read about hunter nins, wouldn't he know that they don't take the body with them?
Lerris chapter 3 . 9/26
This is basically Wave with minor variations for Naruto's training. People for some reason almost always write some variation of the Wave arc when as the author they can do literally anything. For instance, Naruto, Kakashi, or Sakura may correctly decide that it would be inappropriate to risk the entire teams lives when there was no real need. They could go back to Konoha and work something out with the Hokage to send a properly equipped team. Yes, that is boring, but, you could follow it up with another C rank that turns A rank that is actually original, and perhaps even have the genin wish they had continued the Wave mission.
KrisB-71854 chapter 6 . 9/15
Face Palms. Well, talk about putting her foot in the mouth there. We all know that Naruto will get her back though.

Oddly, that scene just showed how much more mature Naruto got. I was amused by Ino not really noticing who Naruto was.

I don't see them instantly being friends or what not. I need to see how you'll have that relationship evolve. I can see starting with a limited prank war or such.

Just Naruto being able to talk with Sasuke without issues was a major improvement for her. She is wrong about them being night and day. usually? Yes? This pair? Nope not really. Naruto broods by training other wise they are rather similar.
KrisB-71854 chapter 5 . 9/15
That's them getting along? Blinks. O.k. I'd say that the hostility was turned down and they were actually showing working relationship level of joint respect. Well between Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura still has the hate on for Naruto.

I'm a bit mixed on this. It's more like Naruto seems to have less control this time around. Usually, he is a rather happy kid. This one? Has a rather hair trigger for anger. I actually think that's more likely.

I have no issues with Zabuza surviving. It actually makes a bit more sense. There is little reason that the Leaf would magically accept him into their village. He doesn't fit their PR bill and though strong just isn't their type of ninja. They'd lean more toward killing him and turning in his head for the bounty.

I don't actually see Naruto closer to Haku this time around. It seems that's a bit more of a stretch. That he actually ended up bonding more? Shrugs. O.k. I'll live with that.

The one annoying bit? That Naruto mentions his backstory and the entire demon bit to Haku and that Zabuza leaves knowing the information. That just felt like a face palm moment. Though very Naruto.

I'm disliking this Naruto mainly because of the blatant low level anger. I can't wait to see how the Ino thing develops. They are 11-12. That's a bit young for the sex stuff... That all can easily wait until after the 3 year training trip. I just want to see them actually end up introduced and how that friendship? starts and tends towards romance.

There is also the issue of what knocks Ino out of her Sasuke crush phase. I guess that could happen during the second phase of the exam.

To be different, I'd actually love for her to grow out of it on her own sooner than that.

I'm curious on if you'll use Hinata at all. i don't mean as joining up with a harem or threesome. I mean Hinata finally panicking that another girl has her sights on Naruto so she must now do something! There is comic potential there. You could spin that so many ways.

Having Ino setup Hinata with Lee sounds like the best way to get rid of her. Actually thinking about it, Naruto was tech an awesome catch for any ninja girl. Lee though he does have a few things going for him, doesn't have any of those hidden perks. I'd just love to see Hinata's dad pissed off/irked that she switched her crush from Naruto to Lee. Naruto was o.k. because of the hidden social perks and pluses. Lee is like clan heir rebellion bait.

Think about it, if you were breeding long term for super ninja babies, would you be hooking your girl up with Lee? Snorts. Nope. That's basically what all clan members think about vaguely back there when seriously thinking of a partner. They might not come out and state it, but you can be damn sure that they are all aware of things that can benefit/damage their bloodline.
KrisB-71854 chapter 4 . 9/15
So far so good. Naruto started off rather badly with his team mates and briefly was making things worse with his temper.

You seem to have made Sasuke a friend for now. That works rather well. I actually liked that you had Sasuke try to be friendly with the offer of training with him first though. That's rather realistic.

At this point, about the only thing that I can really say is that the exams come far too soon. You've got the C rank than the exams... Um, I can easily handle 2-3 more C ranks before the exams and some progress with actually introducing Ino and Naruto.

So far, you've walked a rather fine line with Sakura. You haven't bashed her. She has always seemed like more of a physical slacker than Naruto. When it came to putting things into practice she seemed to not have the stamina or reserves to pull out flashier things until after the 3 year time skip.

At this point, I'd like Naruto to actually get annoyed at his temper. He can recognize Sakura is a sore spot for him, but he really doesn't seem like the type to just want to hate or be angry at another. I'm wondering when you'll start to build a real working relationship between the pair without the utter dislike.

That's why I sort of would love 2-3 more C ranks before the damn exams. They just come too soon for any real growth to have happened before than.
Reaper4991 chapter 2 . 9/12
Hmm interesting, but Naruto has to learn to control it better since eventually the fox's chakra will reach the point a civilian will be able to sense it.
Reaper4991 chapter 1 . 9/12
Interesting start, glad to see a serious Naruto and I don't mind the ino pairing so long as she doesn't act like she does with shikamaru and choji
ExBlazE chapter 5 . 8/26
Kind of upset that valuable info like him being the Kyubi Jinchuriki was handed out to totally unrelated people. Otherwise, it's ok.
KalouNiValu chapter 9 . 8/3
Awesome story so far, the only issue I have is that I don't think Kakashi would call Minato by name but instead Sensei but overall I'm loving this story more and more
my 2 guys chapter 6 . 7/30