Reviews for Substitutes and Surrogates
sadhbh chapter 2 . 6/15/2009
I'm almost positive I read the first chapter of this, because I can remember my heart breaking as Parker questioned Brennan, but maybe I was in a rush a meant to review later and forgot or something. I dunno. It's odd of me because it was so wonderfully written. And heartbreakingly beautiful.

Especially one of the last lines, "I think I'll pass on the chicken fingers tonight, Booth. I ... I'm ... Parker's a lovely boy and he's very ... dear, but ... I ... I can't handle substitutes and surrogates tonight."

I don't remember chapter two though. Which, if a heart was cracked after reading the first chapter, well it just totally split reading the second chapter...

Parker's incessant questioning and child like reasoning just tore up me inside. Life is so simple through a child's eyes, and adults do their best to complicate things up, don't they?

Loved this line, "He rolls his eyes in exasperation- wait, that's my eyeroll"

I really loved the symmetry thing you did, letting us see Booth hearing and interpreting the conversation from the bottom of the stairs. Really nicely done.

And I loved the ending. a little bit of fluff in there from Parker's perspective to settle us down after the angst made us nearly cry. Oh yes-nearly cry. I read this on top of the grey's anatomy season finale. I'm all out of tears at this rate!

lovely little fic.
Nymphadora Andromeda Lupin chapter 2 . 6/5/2009
AW! Parker's a smart kid! Lol. "Why does Annie give me her extra cookies anyway?"

Is that it or will there be more? And how DOES Bones make pancakes?
pangaeus chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
LAIsobel chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
This was simply perfect :o)
cordy2007 chapter 2 . 4/21/2009
Parker is so adoreable. Absolutely heartmelting story. You captured her insecurities, hopes and feelings so realistic, I actually had a big lump in my throat just like Brennan herself. Just wow! Million thanks for such an extraordinary sweet story.
unequivocal chapter 2 . 4/16/2009
This was amazing; Brennan's pain was sharp and unyielding, teased out by Parker's insistence. Brennan's weariness of pretending is brilliantly shown through both the overarching theme - 'surrogates and substitutes' - but also, more immediately, in her willingness to answer Parker's questions. The parallelism was beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!
Vebbie chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
I somehow missed this story that you'd written, and wow - I am just gobsmacked.

I actually cried three times when reading this.

If I gave you my email address could you send me a hard copy of it to save to my "happy thoughts" memory device.

I absolutely love this story.

Love love love it.

Even more than your making love fics :P

Vebbi PS. I love it. (Just for luck)
saysaywhatagain chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
OMG! parker is so cute, love the story
crazeeria chapter 2 . 4/1/2009
loved loved loved this story. I love Parker, he's prob the best part in any story haha. I def cried when bones was explaining surrogates and substitutes. Great Job!
Pha1ange5 chapter 2 . 3/30/2009
I absolutely loved loved loved this story...I first read it when it was a one shot and loved it then, but it's continuation makes it that much more precious.

I loved your portrayal of the characters - I could hear them in my head exactly like they would be on the show. You wrote this beautifully.

Thanks for posting this!
csimesser1 chapter 2 . 3/29/2009
that was good loved it
Aloemilk chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
Although I didn't feel like angst tonight, I really liked this story. Besides, the fluffy ending was exactly what I needed!

Bones62442fbi-rlh chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
This is such a cute story! I really liked how you added in the humor with the angsty aspect. The asides about the lesbian couple and Annie with the cookie were great! I also love the ending! It just goes to show how people are so blind about their own problems when it seems so obvious to someone else.
thetruetruth chapter 2 . 3/27/2009
What can I say? You totally floored me with this one. I absolutely loved every bit of it. Parker's characterisation was awesome and the conversations were heart-breaking, yet perfectly sweet. Great work.
dawnsfire chapter 2 . 3/27/2009
Glad you continued this one (sorry it took so long to review-computer problems have multiplied!).

There were too many good lines for me simply pick out a couple. Really liked how Parker played both of them, AND how you ended it from his POV. He is such a Booth (mini-Booth?)!
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »