Reviews for Wounded
sfulton229 chapter 8 . 4/24/2009
Very nice finale! Nice to see Vin discussing his feelings so eloquently and getting his point across so well. Tom and Vin work out a good compromise and both of them have very valid points. I have really enjoyed this story and this version of Vin's family. I do hope that you plan to write more about them. Thank you kindly for sharing this.
sfulton229 chapter 7 . 4/24/2009
Hee! Lots of lovely banter in this and Eugene's approach to writing is a little out of the ordinary but seems to work for him. The story about the glasses really sounds cool and that would make for a wonderful fic. Nice way to show how much his brothers care about Vin but do enjoy getting to travel thru him. Tom is a great father.
sfulton229 chapter 6 . 4/24/2009
Hee! Love the teasing in this and the love really comes thru. Dingo is a great character and just adds so much to this; very cool name and nice way to show the family is pretty knowledgeble. Love how Tom treasures Vin calling him Pa and how they want Vin to stay but realize he will be wandering some. I'm really enjoying this.
sfulton229 chapter 5 . 4/24/2009
Great to see the fever broke and Vin is starting to recover. Very nice description of the chills as well. The story-both versions are a terrific family tradition. Just loving this fic and this family. Vin has such a great family!
sfulton229 chapter 4 . 4/23/2009
Vin's delusions, pain and fever are just so vivid in this. The distortion that he is seeing everyone thru is very disoreinting. Very nice touch that Vin sees his mother and tries to get to her and it becomes clear that he considers Sofia his mother too. The exhaustion and stress everyone is under is very draining; great description of what nursing someone thru a major infection is like.
sfulton229 chapter 3 . 4/23/2009
Great description of just how dangerous and debilitating an infected wound can be. The pain really came thru and Vin's suffering is being shared by his family. Lots of family support in this.
sfulton229 chapter 2 . 4/23/2009
Ouch, Vin isn't going to bounce back from this quickly. Love Eugene; reminds me some of Ezra and he will do what he has to do to help Vin; no matter how disgusting. The bit about not relieving himself on the dinner table was perfect and very apt; I wouldn't be able to eat there, either. Nice use of Vin's dry wit; you have that down. Great chapter.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Great to see more of this family and the happy homelife they have. The love and concern for Vin really comes thru, especially with Tom's plans to go looking for Vin and keeping track of him. Very nice description of just how painful a gunshot wound is, especially an infected one. Thanks for posting this here.
achillies-eel chapter 8 . 4/3/2009
Well, a prequel's good enough for me. :D

I love Eugene! He reminds me of my stoo-smart-for-his-britches brother. :D I love Sophia too; for that matter, I love all of them!

Aw, Vin; you'll always be Tom's little boy, and you'll always have home to come back to. -hugs- :D

Really awesome! I quite enjoyed it.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Ouchies! Vin doesn't feel good! Good to see you writing prequels.
Kate K chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
This is well-written but I can't figure out why you're calling it a Mag 7 story when it's not-you've taken one of the characters from the tv show and made him the main character of your original story. It's not the same thing.

You're certainly talented, so I'm curious as to why you're dabbling in fanfiction instead of writing original fiction.
alli1 chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
What a wonderful story. I love the family you've given Vin-the way they love, support and tease each other is so realistic, I feel like I know them. Tom and Sophia show amazing patience with Vin's need to go 'walkabout', though I think Tom has made it clear that they'd prefer he'd stick a little closer to home. So many terrific lines-Particularly enjoyed the one about 'refusing to see anyone he had to walk to the privy as fearsome'. Rarely has a story left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling. Please tell me you have more!
ajsqdaway chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
So wonderful. I really like this background for Vin. "Stinky"... what a riot. This setting gives a good reason why Vin's so comfortable at Four Corners - the "brothers", their likes, dislikes and personalities. I really like the Tom/Sofia pairing as his parents. So sweet.

I really enjoyed the two stories I've read in this realm. I hope there's more!
Enkidu07 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
That was beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has been a while since I have seen the show, so I have more of a still image of Vin in my head rather than his whole character, but I feel like I got to know him from this story. it would be interesting to go back and watch the show now after knowing some of his history :)
Enkidu07 chapter 3 . 3/23/2009
Yay! I have to stop reading to go get ready for dinner, but this is amazing! I am glad I can picture Tom now :) How old is Eugene? Sam age as Vin? I am trying to picture him too. And Max. He seems older. wiser. Loving this! Love the contradiction of Vin being half man, half son. :)