Reviews for Broken Faith
prose.titute chapter 14 . 1/28/2012
"the Master had even contemplated decapitation before concluding that he didn't want to risk having the body and the head heal themselves (Jack had to admit that the thought of what the Master had suggested had never occurred to him; the possibilities it had suggested had managed to create a very pleasant fantasy for the next few hours)…"

Hahahahaha.
prose.titute chapter 12 . 1/27/2012
Lots of thoughts running through his head. It really is long-running element of Doctor Who though, isn't it? The treatment of his companions. How does he view them?
prose.titute chapter 9 . 1/27/2012
I suspected that the Master's wife might be Rose when the Doctor couldn't get a look at her properly on TV but then I was like 'Nah'. Oh my God, it's Rose!
Nachtprophet chapter 16 . 11/16/2011
Well, the Real World logic for Theta Sigma might have been that a Theta looks like an 'O' with an'H' in it, and a Sigma looks like a 'W' rotated by 90. So you get WHO.
vballqueen17 chapter 40 . 9/10/2011
Wow. What can I say? This was just an incredible story. It was set during some of my favorite episodes and I love everythign you added in! This was just brilliant and I love Marth and the Doctor finally getting togetehr :) amazing story!
dontgiveahoot chapter 40 . 8/27/2011
This was beautiful. So many of the Doctor's past companions come to celebrate his present - and he celebrates them in return, saying many of the things that he never got the chance to say, and basking in the presence of his chosen family and the woman he loves. A lovely end to a thought-provoking and entertaining story.
dontgiveahoot chapter 39 . 8/27/2011
I'm glad Astrid survived - it was sad that she died, although it was a hero's death. And just as the Doctor and Martha finally kiss, Ace turns up (couldn't she have waited just two minutes?) and takes them somewhere - the final chapter, the final celebration. Huge multi-companion reunion!
dontgiveahoot chapter 38 . 8/27/2011
Time Crash by itself is awesome, and Time Crash with Martha added is even more awesome.
dontgiveahoot chapter 37 . 8/27/2011
This is good. Martha was right to be hard about it - at this point, only complete honesty from the Doctor could hope to clear the air between them enough to truly have a chance at a healthy, balanced relationship between two individuals. And if Martha had softened, had stopped pushing, then complete honesty would not have been achieved, important things left unsaid, mpainful issues left unaddressed. Now I can look forward to them moving on together with optimism and hope.
dontgiveahoot chapter 36 . 8/27/2011
I'm glad that the Doctor addressed the death of Adeola and his role in it with Martha. There really wasn't anything he could have done differently for her, but it's good that he told Martha the truth. I'm also glad that he told her how he felt, and I'm especially glad that she's not going to make it easy for him. Nothing worth having comes easy, and if a relationship (or even just a proper friendship) between them is to be successful, he really needs to prove that he's willing to work for it, because Martha's already done more than her fair share of proving.
dontgiveahoot chapter 35 . 8/27/2011
I had a feeling this might happen. This angry, vicious confrontation with the Doctor has finally shattered all of Rose's lies, justifications and excuses and laid bare the single driving force beneath: 'I love him, so he must love me'.

Her punishment was also very unique, and much harsher than it may originally seem. She's back in the parallel universe, and her last conscious memory is of losing the Doctor forever. In addition, the horrors she committed will haunt her subconscious for the rest of her life. The phrase 'how do you sleep at night?' becomes chilling in this context. Especially frightening is the idea that she may decide that her 'bad dreams' are the Doctor trying to contact her, just as he did to get her to come to Darlig Ulv Stranden in the first place, and thus use the Dimension Cannon to try and answer him. Jack's right, she has a chance to become the Rose they first met once more, but the question is, will she?
dontgiveahoot chapter 34 . 8/27/2011
This chapter was wrenching and painful. I could empathise with Mike and Francine here - particularly Mike, as he'd been forced not just to witness the atrocities, but to particpate in them. Rose's decision to shoot the Master made a certain amount of logical sense, but even now she is driven to extreme behaviour solely by her desire to be by the Doctor's side, loved and valued above all others.

Martha understanding the Doctor's desire to save the Master despite all he'd done, and feeling sorrow for his grief at losing him, perfectly parallels Jack's understanding in the previous chapter and speaks volumes about how well she understands him.

As for Rose... I think she's about to learn that she can't earn back her redemption and the Doctor's regard with an act of murder. And for her to even think that she could proves that she's basically irredeemable.
dontgiveahoot chapter 33 . 8/27/2011
This was great. Martha's first face-to-face sight of the Doctor in a year was as emotional as I could have hoped, and her joyous triumph over the Master and Rose was well and truly earned. It was fascinating to watch Rose fall into shock as suddenly the tables are turned. She'd placed all her faith in the Master's plan without really understanding it, and now everything is collapsing around her and she has nothing to show for it or to cling on to.

Jack understanding how the Doctor can forgive the Master by remembering the long-ago friendship and admiration that he'd once felt for Rose was fantastic, and highlights his forgiveness of his team after Abaddon (and later, of his brother).
dontgiveahoot chapter 32 . 8/27/2011
This is the confrontation that I'd been waiting for since chapter 10, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Rose's casual threats in the street show just how dangerous she's become, but nothing illustrates this quite as well as her cold, unemotional reaction to her murder of Tom - so unlike her shocked tears after killing the Brigadier. As she said herself, it all got so easy after that first time.

As for their conversation: Game set and match to Martha Jones. Without resorting to violence or raising her voice, she manages to tear open every single one of Rose's delusions and leave the lack of substance underneath open to inspection. Not only did Rose fail to recognise the name or description of the Doctor's home planet - her HUSBAND'S home planet - but she had to falsify a description of her own. Martha is right - Rose is only interested in helping herself to get what she wants, and what she wants is to *own* the Doctor, body, hearts and soul. Everything else is just a side benefit.
dontgiveahoot chapter 31 . 8/27/2011
This was a tense chapter, with Martha carefully playing into Tom's expectations and Docherty's questions without revealing the true nature of the plan. Martha's despair at the fate of the Utopians and her resolve to not surrender to that despair was also wonderfully done. It's clear that Martha understands what Sarah Jane understood and Rose did not: Everything has it's time, and everything ends.
194 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »