Reviews for The Game
PhenyxArises chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Love it. Seemed like such a pivotal moment when she realized he wasn't running and it added to the atmosphere. Great job!
Miss Shannon chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Good story. I liked how the last line was an allusion to the title. This was very short, but I felt that the shortness of it gave it a certain atmosphere that I liked.

You probably didn't give a reason for the sudden change of heart on purpose, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. For me it felt like one of those moments when suddenly reality comes crashing down on you for no particular reason. I liked that. I think describing the reason for the sudden end of their game wouldn't have fit into this little story that was perfect as it was. :-)

Looking forward to more now that you're back!
Katescats chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
Hi Just read your story it was good.
SheSailsShips chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
(Aw, sighs )Short, meaningful, and perfect! This was just what I needed today! Thanks for sharing!
BlueTigress chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Great start! :D

It already starts with a game over, can't wait to find out why they or better said Jarod stopped their little game! :D

PLEASE more! :D:D:D Pretty Please! :D
planet p chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Do you mean that they realised that maybe they cared about on another - were in love - and in their minds that stopped them from the 'game' - I run, you chase - because that was not something they could even bear to contemplate if it was love? Is that what you mean?

In that regard, the Center would see this a very different way - meaning that they would not be pleased - they're a corporation/business and they don't do 'domestic'; they have a house to run, but love doesn't factor into that house, or only when it suits them...

I wonder what Texas looks like... or rather, I wonder what it looks like to someone who lives there - ? - or might have visited there?

I was just thinking, and I don't mean this to be mean or anything - I'm not a Miss Parker/Jarod fan, I'm not upset that they didn't kiss or hug - but maybe this could have been fleshed out a little more... the description of the surroundings, of the motel room, of Miss Parker's feelings, and Jarod's feelings, and what she thought were Jarod's feelings... that sort of thing...
Anna AJeff chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
They're finally together. Short, but GREAT!
ILoveTea chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Um, so why is it? I'm sorry if I have the brain of a 10-year-old, but I don't understand what happened. I've read your Pretender fics before & I like them.