Reviews for Pennies!
Tharpdevenport chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
Would have been better if the vending machine, at the end, said:

Sorry, Canadian currently only, please. And the vendor is gone.
Kim chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
It's great how KITH fans can read that skit and automatically fill in the blanks like the expression on Kevin's face. I can see it now. This story is completely pointless and makes no sense which is what makes it so great. It's 'so' Kids in the Hall! I even heard the theme song in my head when I finished reading it. "deneh ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne..."
Idiom Laurels chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
Funny! I can see it all so clearly. I like the idea- and the whole "wow whatta bargain" thing made me laugh out loud. I love the image of laughing hot dogs, too. Great! And I think its more subtle "the hot dogs are cons taking away poor Kevin's money"... plot... is funnier than if it were to be played on more.
Vroom Vroom chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
funny
Doctor Strangelove chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
LMAO! That is so funny. Just like a real KitH sketch. Pennies. Heh.
Pennhothwen chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
i can totally see it... hahaha... i love the bit where he turns around to see the "tempting picture of the coke bottle" on the machine. that is so KITH! they would do the shot kevin's POV, with snap focus and everything. lol. and dave would be in a red and white vendor suit. striped. with a little pointy hat. ah, i love dave... :D

i can even see this going further - where you would cut to the theme song, i would have something happen like the machine spitting the pennies out, making kevin more and more frustrated every passing second, with quick shots back and forth between kevin's face and the coin-return slot, shooting the pennies out, and cutting back to dave and mark laughing, until it's finally obvous that it was just a ploy by the two of them to pawn off worthless pennies on gullible types like kevin. :) what do you think?

i wish i still got comedy central *sigh* stupid cable company! -P
Dan The Man Bogosian chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
LMAO! I like it!

I can see it now.

"Get ya pennies! 50 pennies for a dolla! Wow, whatta bargain!"
simbarel chapter 1 . 3/4/2002
cute! i love those guys!
repossessme chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
Wow! I loved it! It sounds just like something strange and kooky that they would have done, you know a surreal sketch that seems odd and pointless but really is just about torturing Kevin, heh. Keep it up...
Rocket Gal chapter 1 . 2/21/2002
I had to read it because of the title & because it's Kids in the Hall :) It didn't really make sense but alot of their skits made no sense :) Good job :)
neonluvchixn chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
great sketch/story idea. I loved the show, ive been to a few tapings too. i miss it very much. Once again great story
Genesis Woman chapter 1 . 1/13/2002
I like it! I like it!
longplay45 chapter 1 . 1/10/2002
lol, man that would be awesome as the opening sketch! I love it!
HackeySackVibe chapter 1 . 12/16/2001
What the heck? It was way funny, but what the heck?:)
BadMoonlight chapter 1 . 12/13/2001
Wow, I feel honored to be the first reviewer. Anyway, LOL, that is very cute! Pennies.. Heh...