Reviews for Special
Mechia132 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
This is a great story. I wish there was a nother chapter of how his mother and Grandmother teach all that he needs to know about Atlantis.
Alys5 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Interesting story, I like it being told backwards so to speak. I've also always believed the city was sentient and female.
shepsgirl72 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this take on John's link to the Ancients. It seemed to be something that made him 'special' at the beginning of the show, but was simply abandoned later on. It's also nice to investigate John's past - this certainly wasn't done enough.

Love the idea of grandma knowing how to surf. What a cool family!
Titan5 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
That was cool! I always LOVE John/Atlantis connection stories and the way you worked in his family history was awesome! He really is special - just wish the show had acknowledged that once Rising was over.
Eternal Density chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Amazingly good story!

I think it's about five layers of awesome... it kept surprising me with more levels of win the more I read. Well done!
Stealth Dragon chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Very excellent. I love John backstories, but love even more when they involve John being more than just an uber-gene carrier, but someone with actual Ancient ties. So this was very enjoyable :D
highonscifi chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Very, very interesting! Great idea. And I love how you wove the story by using John's past family history. Absolutely ingenious!
Mirwalker chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Another nice one! Given Sheppard's strong connection to the City, it's nice to see that relationship presented as mutually aware. And, if you've wondered how he always seems to do just the right thing, why so confident... Well here's an explanation.