Reviews for Eclipse of Time
Littleminnie chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Beautiful :) I think this is a wonderfully written story, really great.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
How on earth did this start out as a humour piece? It's so moving and meloncholic. I love the idea of Ming still remembering a mortal parter (because it seems so unlikely, to be frank, when they likely have had many), and that she still loves and thinks of Jansen after so many years both warms and breaks my heart! How did you manage that! Lol :)

You're clearly a great writer. I just read Monetary Concerns, and was certain I'd read something else by you - which turned out to be this! Don't know for the life of me why I didn't review the first time I read it.

And I recognise the name - Eclipse of Time is the name of the piece Ming plays on the harp Exquisite!
Yamadori chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
This story is incredibly beautiful. It's incredibly well-written; sad, but I think that's a big part of what makes it so wonderful... I haven't seen the end of the game, but I can still picture this happening. Excellent work!
JansenFriedh chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Aw... That's so sad... I feel like crying TT_TT But um, one recurring mistake is that you spelled Jansen's name wrong. His last name; its spelled Friedh, not Freidh. I spelled it that way for a long time until I realized it was spelled that way in the game. This story is pretty realistic, and I always kinda wondered about Jansen's past, cuz he's the only one they didn't elaborate on- all the immortals had descriptive pasts, Cooke and Mack had some pasts, tolten was all kingly and stuff and Sed was pirate dude who... was a pirate. So, more or less Jansen was left out (not that it rly mattered about his pas XD) Anyway, completely off topic, I rly liked this story. Very realistic. Keep writing! People don't write enough LO fics and there is so much room for stories! KEEP WRITING! lol
JansenFriedh chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Aww... that was depressing ;_;
Red 9 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Good gravy! Whoo, I used one! Ahem.. sorry.. where was I? Oh yeah!

This. Is. Magic.

Serious, man how do you right this? It got all my feelings all stirred up, and I felt so sorry for Ming and thought it was kinda sad but also so sweet that she was still listening to records of Jansen so long after he died. Poor Ming, but this was so beautiful and unique. FAVE FAVE!
The Nameless Reveiwer chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Excellently written, a classic piece that I think would have gone well with the overall theme of the thousand-years dream stories. I could definatly see something like this being in the game itself had it shown what the remaining immortals were up to after a few hundred years.

I suppose for Ming this is exspecially true, considering she is the only one left that doesn't have another immortal to stay with, coupled with her own responsibilties as Queen. (Kaim and Sarah being together presumably and Seth and Gongora both being...dead? or at least gone).

In a rather random thought I can't help but to compare how much more difficult life is for Ming, Sarah, and Kaim as compared to other Immortals from various series / tales / etc in that they can have children (and thus a lasting legacy that they'll be around to watch die) as opposed to the classical idea of Immortals being unable to have children (ala Highlander). I can imagine that simply loving a person and watching them die to old age would be much easier than to watch the same thing happen, only to an extended family of children / grandchildren etc.