Reviews for Something To Think On
Rdub chapter 21 . 9/5
I read this story with apprehension ... I almost didn't read it at all to be honest. Not a fan of unhappy endings you see. But now that I am done I am glad I read it. It is a fantastic, if bitter sweet story. One of the best M/I stories I've found. Mal's voice has been captured perfectly. I can just see the whole thing playing out in my head exactly as you wrote it. I choose to believe the ending about what Simon shows Mal is something good, something hopeful. Thanks for sharing. Well worth the read.
Talitarintti chapter 21 . 3/15
I just love this story. I stayed up all night reading this, just couldn't stop reading. Maybe the best Firefly / Serenity story I've read. And I've read a lot of them, believe me. I almost wept when I was reading this. This was so Mal and the story had just enough angst and was not too sugary. Thank you ever so much for this lovely story, I really needed this. Could you find it in you to continue this story or to write an other Firefly / Serenity story, please?
Guest chapter 3 . 10/27/2015
Love the scene with her and Kaylee
Guest chapter 2 . 10/27/2015
Love their early banter and arguments
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
I like your expansion
GreenAngelHeart chapter 21 . 11/28/2014
One of those fics that you just never want to end.
Mendip123 chapter 21 . 4/29/2014
Beautiful story. Other reviewers have put it better than I can. I'm so glad to have read this - it's so well done. Mal's bleakness, his hardness, ends up making sense. Everyone is so recognisable, all the characters are themselves. Key moments - Zoe on the bridge, Mal's "I don't want you to go." Mal, "Okay. Okay. Okay." The armour coming off. Aaaargh. Actually there are too many.

I wish this could be on my shelf next to other stories. This is astonishingly layered, intelligent and well-paced and I couldn't stop reading. Thanks.
RickyLorada chapter 21 . 3/4/2014
I read this story many times. It's one of my favorite mal/inara-stories. I just love the plot, the revelations, the suspense, the tragic, the romance. Well done!
RubySun03 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Coming back to review the chapters I've already read, cause I've been reading on my iphone, and for some reason can't leave reviews on there. So wow, what a great story, so moving. I'm a BIG sucker for angst, I suppose it's why I'm so drawn to the Mal/inara ship so much. I love how you are interchanging the time lines here, and I have managed to become totally drawn in to this story like it is an extension of the show or something. You know when you read something really good and it stops being words, but a picture in your head like a movie or something instead? Well that's how your story goes. I'm looking forward to reading the rest, and will try to leave reviews for the rest of the chapters I've yet to read. I'm on about chapter 7 now. Thanks for sharing a great story!
TemperTemper chapter 21 . 9/27/2012
I don't know how to write a review that will do this justice. You weave your story so perfectly into canon it's just sublime. And such a perfect, bittersweet, Joss-like ending for them. Gorgeous.
one.twilight.sun chapter 21 . 6/29/2012
Wow.

I found your story and read through it late into the night. It captures Mal perfectly with his restraint in having a relationship with Inara yet the deep love that is evident to anyone else. Having Inara be the Tams' sister was shocking and I loved that I felt that way! That doesn't happen to me often in reading and so was novel for me.

Your writing is amazing. You fleshed out Mal and Inara as well as the whole crew. You even got Jayne being Jayne but just maybe a little more decent and believably so.

You didn't give Mal and Inara a happily ever after but you gave them an ending that really they could only have. I loved this and will probably revisit it several times over. I would've paid money to buy this if it was a book!

Char
one.twilight.sun chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I can't wait to read the rest!
Capelthwaite chapter 21 . 3/7/2012
I'm new to the firefly and serenity world, just finished watching it all (and reading) last week and have been searching for a fic that would fill that empty ending that serenity ended us with in regards to Inara and Mal's relationship. But this was the piece that completed it. I love how well you wrote the entire thing, keeping each and every character ...in character! You preserved their voices and I think you did a magnificent job. I'll definitely read it again...and a couple times after that. It was a wonderful piece of work.

Only thing is, and I've noticed that others have shared this same comment, is what is the ending about? The Data reader and what Simon couldn't tell her yet? Could you explain that a little more? (sort of like the director's commentary!)
Capelthwaite chapter 18 . 3/7/2012
This chapter was so beautiful and sad. All I can say is wow. I'm honestly in aw at your ability to capture these characters so well. I love how many details you've included that most people wouldn't know about firefly and serenity. This is by far the best firefly fanfic I've ever read. Cool twist with Inara and simon's relationship.
steepedinwords chapter 21 . 1/12/2012
I'm thinking this must've been emotionally exhausting to write.

Fits so perfectly with the show and the movie. I kept thinking 'oh, that's why Mal/Inara acted that way!'

The flashbacks were non-disruptive - I never had to check and double check to figure out where I was reading.

Characterisation is so, so perfect.

It made me cry. Fanfic never makes me cry. I was full-out bawling by the end.

You didn't just employ a 'fix-everything' technique and completely heal Inara at the end. I like that, because life is like that. It's hard, and it sucks sometimes, and sometimes bad things can't be fixed.

Am I right in guessing their daughter's name is Joy?

Will there be a sequel?