Reviews for Five Times Ned’s Made Exceptions For Chuck
Hoperise chapter 1 . 2/15
I had to stop reading in the middle to walk off the cuteness. This was really adorable. Wow. Great work. The conventions in the first section were a bit rumply - lots of dialogue with not a lot to break it up, but I kept going and am really glad about that. The ending was absolutely perfect. Well done.
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Very, very sweet and so cute!
snot chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I love it. Sweet as pie. Especially the last one. You mimicked the narrative style of Pushing Daisies well, and not just with the obvious years/weeks/days stuff, but structurally and linguistically. The characters are in, the writing detailed yet succinct. You deserve a big block of cheese.
Anna chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Very cute! Ned and Chuck were both perfectly in character, as was the narrator :D My favorites were the fourth and fifth, because I can completely see Ned doing both of those things, and I know everyone is saying it, but the last line melted my heart and was so in keeping with the show. Great job!
phalangescrossed chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I loved your story, especially the fifth time part (the earliest one chronologically). Please keep writing more!
half-hearted heroine chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Oh, I love Ned/Chuck adorable-ness! I really like Ned's line about death and "tiny baby mountaintop slopes." And the cookie story just melted my heart! The sensory details are also really good throughout the story. Good fic!
listening to Bonnie Tyler chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
"beloved but demised..."

That was the sweetest thing I have ever read. It is giving me a funny feeling. You know like when your stomach kind of hurts but your heart feels sort of like it's swelling and it feels really weird, but good.

And that is a good thing.

From a even greater author.

Thank you.
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Aw, brilliant! I loved all of them, especially the last line of the last one. Love, love, love. Excellent job for it being a first for both PD and Five Times story. :D

CubsKing chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Amazing! I loved this absolutely beautiful little story. Your characterization is spot-on. Keep up the good work!
WeepingAngel123 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
That was undoubtably BRILLOPADS! D
Rudepanda chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I love this fic and that last line is absolutely perfect! Chuck's character and voice are just right and I love how the fic is a reverse of the normal show's order of going from past to present.

I love this story but I just want to make one or two comments and to give you an honest review. The narrator's tone didn't really feel right at first however it came alive as I read on and you got into the swing of the story (which is ALOT BETTER than if it had started off good and then decreased in quality). Ned's character was great but I felt that his voice could still be adjusted to get it perfect.

Those are only the tiniest little comments though, it was a great fic and I loved the story and plot. Chuck was just perfect and Ned was brilliant as well. This is an excellent first PD fic and I hope that there will be more to come! ; )
JessitheBlonde chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
I really like how you made the story sound like it was coming from the actual Pushing Daisies narrator. I could seriously hear him saying everything. Awesome job!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
This was completely adorable and I love the progression from old to young, from relatively large to small but wonderfully significant. You write both Ned and Chuck beautifully and really make me feel both Ned's joy and sorrow. Terrific work!
Daisies Lover chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I love this story! It's written in the same unique style as the (awesome!) show. Very cute; as Ned got yonger it got sweeter. I actually said "Aw!" I think I found a typo though: in the beginning of th part about the letters to Chuck, you put "safety" instead of safely. But anyway, please keep writing fanfics for PD because you're good at it.
EternallyAggelos chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow! It's gorgeous :)

I love how you've adopted the narration of the show into your fic. It's really good :D