Reviews for Star Trek M5
darthridian chapter 4 . 10/11/2009
just found this story mate and gotta say i loves it, keep up the great writing.

just wondering if voyager will have an m5 aswell and if chakotay will be an escort of janeway thru the badlands and they both end up in delta quadrant.

but then again hyperspace tech helping them home might not take them that long to get home and it would be cool to see those 2 ships cruising around the delta quadrant. :)
cklammer chapter 4 . 7/19/2009
Very nice. I am looking forward to the next installment.

The story exhibits a more cautious approach to self-aware machine intelligences compared to Keith Laumer's bolos. A nice twist in the plot are also the various diplomatic agreements concerning M5 ships.
Queen Gloriana Malefica chapter 4 . 6/13/2009
Your point besides making the Bolas god-like all-powerful and practically unbearable to the reader?
FORD B chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
Great read!
Blood-Foxs-Revenge chapter 4 . 6/3/2009
So, because of the war the Enterprise-B was pushed ahead, which meant that when the wave hit everyone was out of place.

Interesting twist with Kirk on the original Enterprise and being pulled in. Hopefully they will both return "in the time of greatest need".

I have to say, the one thing I don't get is why UFP would ever agree to limit themselves by only having 1 M-5. Surely they realize what an asset it would be.

It would not surprise me if Starfleet Intel has their own M-5's, or for that matter Section 31.

Definately continue this, I would like to see how things change as a result.

Also, are you going to continue your own time line from the original POD?
FORD B chapter 3 . 5/28/2009
A very great idea going on here! I was reading the original and then finally got time to read this one and can't wait to see more! I am a big A.I fan, as to the artifical intellegence idea.
Michael01 chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Please write more to this story thanks.
Blood-Foxs-Revenge chapter 3 . 4/29/2009
Very nice, I've read A Thin Veneer and this blends well with that particular universe. Interesting that you used the A - B designation. I Still say that the damage at the end of two would be a bit to much to warrant repairing Enterprise as more than a museum piece.

I wonder, have you read the Bolo! series? It's nice to know that to M-5's a ten second conversation is a "long talk".

Again, well done with no noticeable spelling errors.
Blood-Foxs-Revenge chapter 2 . 4/18/2009
Very nice. I would say that you could still have an Enterprise-A. At the end of Voyage Home, simply have M-5 transferred to the new Enterprise as the old one would be nearly beyond any practical repair.

Otherwise, it would change the naming of the ships (Enterprise-B would be Enterprise-A, C would be B, and D would be C).
Ironsct chapter 2 . 4/15/2009

This is a really cool idea and I always thought M5 had a bum rap. Though I always thought to use Jim's imprint rather then Spock, but I still LOVE this story. Plus, just imagine what Voyager could have done with a Spock imprinted M5.

Thank you for letting us read your work and I can't wait to read more of it.

BenRG chapter 2 . 3/25/2009
A nice concept and an interesting AU. What really makes this chapter stand out is your decision to write it from M5's POV (should I call him/her/it 'Enterprise', perhaps?). You really get the impression that the ship is alive and has its own viewpoint and impressions of the crew's adventures.

The trick from now on will be making the intelligent Enterprises sufficiently imperfect as to occasionally be in peril. As it stands, there is a risk of making the ship invincible.

That said... there are a lot of unknowns in the universe.

I wonder how M5-B (the Enterprise-B) explained Jim's 'death' to its forebear? Come to think of it, with the sensory and processing power available to it, would they have been entirely convinced of the captain's death?

A very original idea! I'll be looking out for more from this story.

BenRG's Rating: 7.5/10