Reviews for Because You Left
I really, really wanted to love this chapter because you're such a talented writer...but it really felt like you threw in unnecessary drama just to prolong the story. It doesn't really add anything to the plot, and it seems so arbitrary. All Haley talks about in earlier chapters is how much she wants him, and then she suddenly decides she doesn't want him? The last few paragraphs of this chapter just don't fit in with the rest of the story (although they are still very well-written) - if it were part of a different story, I might buy it.
Is there any particular reason why every single story you've done, has the exact same Nathan no matter how different the story lines are? He's always the guy who's alone, he's sort of shy, way too nice, obsessed with Haley and pining for her from chapter one, always taking all the blame, never throws a punch and always loses his nba dream and ends up doing something like coaching or some other local job while everyone else fulfills a dream? It's like he's only acceptable if his only dream is Haley James. He's not allowed to want anything else even a career and he's certainly not allowed to play in the nba and he's not allowed to have a falling in love journey. He's just instantly obsessed from chapter 1 until the end. Not to mention more often than not Haley is pursuing her dreams and or dating other people and treating him bad and that's the story. Every single time.

I really do enjoy your writing. The actual skill is well above the average and so well thought out that it makes me want to read more and have a strong reaction. It's awesome, seriously. I just get a little tired of the same old Nathan and it's never fair to him. The stories are always about making Haley look like this perfect, untouchable, Joan of arc character who lowers herself eventually to this guy who is beneath her but loves her oh so much. I just think he's better than that and it does both characters a disservice not explore another side of him. Why not let him be someone, do something special, be successful? Why can't he go on his own journey and find that she was always the one for him? Why can't he meet her and have a series of events that lead to his falling head over heels instead of always having an unexplainable instant obsession? It would just be nice to see.
ktlynrose chapter 2 . 9/6/2014
I know this story I'd already complete and that you probably don't get too many reviews but this is a really good start. I already love it. I might have to add it to my favorites. But I dont do that until I finish reading. But you just might be lucky and get a favorite before then.
Anyways, I love the start. And it sounds like it's going to be a great story!
Guest chapter 19 . 4/14/2013
Loved the supernatural quote
ToBecomeAClown chapter 31 . 8/24/2011
I just read this entire, amazing, story in the last couple of nights and I don't know what to say. It was so well written, so raw and real. I also love how you took your time with the story. The chapters were long, none of it felt rushed. Awesome story, great job!

- Megan AKA ToBecomeAClown
lenniem chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Just getting into fanfic over the last month or so and now reading your story. What a fantastic introduction...can't wait to keep reading!
HaleyGarcia chapter 31 . 8/21/2010
So I just finished reading this story and I Loved It! :D
PouringDownRain chapter 31 . 2/2/2010
Wow! I really enjoyed reading your story! It has definitely kept me awake very late and has resulted in me being very tired for work! I really enjoyed all the angst that was going on, and I really liked how you made the story so true to life - that love doesn't come easily.

I am definitely going to go and read the rest of your published stories now! Keep up the great work!

3 Vivian
PouringDownRain chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Wow! What an amazing introduction - I can already tell this story is going to be terrific and very angst driven. I can't wait to keep reading! I hope to see you keep writing stories, you really have a real gift!

3 Vivian
lwebski chapter 26 . 11/21/2009
Love, love, love this chapter! Finally we found out that Nathan didn't do anything with that chick (kinda figured he didn't but nice to know) and then we got Haley coming to her senses and even proposing! So wonderful! And I loved Nathan's reaction of not really saying yes b/c he's not sure that marriage is what Haley really wants, and then Nathan saying he wants to be the one who proposes! Just brilliantly written. Just love Naley in this story. So exciting that they are going on tour together! Have I mentioned that I love it! Laura
lwebski chapter 20 . 11/17/2009
I've been faithfully reading "Forever Changed" and I love it so much I had to see what else you've written. I thought I should comment on this story too bc it is amazing as well! The characterizations are great and your writing is wonderful. You truly are very talented. Love the angst and the feeling of hopelessness Nathan has but only b/c I'm hoping things will change for Naley. Your stories are so well thought out and entertaining. I hope you keep writing Naley fics. Laura
nicodemusfleur chapter 7 . 8/16/2009
Okay, I think you're a fantastic writer, but I'm having a hard time reading this story. I'll try another chapter or two, but everytime Haley opens her mouth I want to punch her, so hopefully that will change very soon. Like I said, I actually love your writing style, which is why I'm going to keep reading :)

Hopefully Haley will stop being annoying soon.
luvnaley23 chapter 31 . 8/2/2009
I loved how you ended the story! I enjoyed reading it!
naleyluv chapter 31 . 8/2/2009
great story!

i started reading it about a week ago and i've been obsessed ever since. i'm sad its over. haha. but i can't wait for your next story...keep up the good work!
capturemysoul chapter 31 . 7/30/2009
This was such an amazing ending although I'm so sad that the stories over. I can't wait until your next story is out. Great work and I can't wait to read more of your amazing writing.