Reviews for Breeding Grounds
Novalia1001 chapter 12 . 7/2/2012
Mild OOC. Plenty of "leading up to something", not much drama, a lot of character on The Master's part.

I knew it was in space!
Novalia1001 chapter 11 . 7/2/2012
No way, Beast Boy's too passive! He should be cracking rude jokes at the guy and annoying the hell out of the red gecko! Raven too-she's ducking her head too much. The clothes I understand, but I think she really should have insisted on it. I mean-she goes NOWHERE outside of her room without her cloak on willingly. Slade had to rip it off her, when she was in the sick back it was taken off to not hinder her levitation, BB took it off her one when he was trying to act all creepy; and then she snatched it back.

OOC is all I'm saying. BB's comment at the end though kind of brought some of it back.
Novalia1001 chapter 10 . 7/2/2012
Okay, good check up on the team.
I felt that the translated passage was too much of a giveaway though-the destination of the clan would have been enough. No Mr. Retchmund.
Again: short chapter.

Also, I hope this is after episode "Transformation", where after the whole scandal Starfire decided to go back to Tamaran and buy a book or something, because you'd think she'd know a Chrysalis Eater back in the day...well, I dunno. We all can muse over it till thy kingdom come.
Novalia1001 chapter 9 . 7/2/2012
A bridge with some weird arachnid-demon bonding. Okay then, that's not weird at all.
I miss Rae's powers though, but I don't think that she would be that passive. Neither of them actually, even without her powers I should think that Raven would be prying that spider woman for answers, seeing that she's so willing to befriend Raven, and Beast Boy- I'd love to see him turn into one of those gecko men and try to bust his way out of the ship.

...

It's a ship, right? Overall, I think (personally) I could have either done without this chapter or had something added to it. Yes Raven and Beast Boy are in desperate conditions, but that's when they have to fight for it the most. Raven would REFUSE to think that anyone or anything could take her powers and even if they did...have you SEEN her legs? She got some kung fu speed going on in those appendages when she's ready. And BB? Don't get me STARTED. He knocked himself unconscious when Atlas had him and the others imprisoned as trophies-it was Raven who had to tell him to stop before he knocked out his brain!

OOC is all I'm saying.
Novalia1001 chapter 8 . 7/2/2012
The old man is abrupt!
Gotta say though, when he said "Welcome to my zoo" I was thinking of BB folding his arms and protesting, "Uh-uh, no way-been there, done that-there is NO WAY I'm being someone's pet again!"

The old man is weird, having geckos serve him.
Novalia1001 chapter 7 . 7/2/2012
Although yes this was a cool chapter and you eased a little on the mystery surrounding this relative to a Chrysalis Eater, I'd like to argue that Raven wouldn't be kidnapped so easily. I'm just being biased though-it's getting super interesting! I like how you use your capital letters, particularly for The Master, and your reference to when Ronald was wondering why (humans?) liked the Spindress.

And everyone always mentions the mess in BB's room. XD Nice chapter.
Novalia1001 chapter 6 . 7/2/2012
Okay now you have me hooked.
How you've ended the chapters are BRILLIANT.
I am compelled forward by now no doubt-when I read this chapter I hand my hands over my mouth.

And I take back what I said about the vantages.
What you did with the 'acceptable' over and over again, it got annoying, but in the good humorous way. :D
Novalia1001 chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
A beauteous prompt towards the end of the chapter ("WHAT they were shot with"), but I fear the story needs a bit more development. Are you rushing?
Novalia1001 chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
I truly wish your chapters were a bit longer. It makes "turning the page" less of a chore.
Novalia1001 chapter 3 . 6/25/2012
Cucko has a cool power. Super creepy though. Raven doesn't really "run" in battle. The phasing is very like her though. I find it difficult, personally, to put Rae in fighting scenes lest she's support or steals the show. It's two extremes.
Novalia1001 chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
Nrr...okay, Raven's tired so her senses that would usually say "Don't go into zero visibility fog where the enemy might be" wouldn't occur to her. Okay.

The sudden influx in beasts is...curious. Are you going to make the chapters a bit longer? Like half a page or so? These feel like segmented one-shots.
Paragon the Half-Dragon chapter 24 . 6/22/2012
sorry... couldn't leave a comment on every chapter cause I couldn't stop reading your FUCKING AMAZING STORY! (capitals means I'm shouting)

can't wait for more!
Novalia1001 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Hmm. I wonder where this is going? It's a good safe starter. Do any daring ones?
Katwizzle chapter 24 . 6/14/2012
Please hurry and update! I love this story!
Greyshield chapter 24 . 6/13/2012