Reviews for The Fallout
meelee729697 chapter 21 . 7/8/2013
Even tho I knew it was coming, when Garrett said "u would know her as Bella Swan", I got chills all over. This amazing story is getting even better.. Wow, u did a great job. I could see the Maria's district & the disgusting, vile, sadness. Very vivid, I can't even describe it rite.
Looks like Garrett is very VeRy protective of Bella & I do believe Edward will have some competition... I think it will keep me on the edge of my seat. Well this story does that anyway... & I like Garrett, dammit. :) - But I'm one of those who NEEDS a HEA for E&B... But u are full of surprises... I won't count on anything.
Thanx for driving me crazy in a super cool, emotional way. :)))
meelee729697 chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
I knew it! I knew it, i knew it, knew it, knew it, knew it!
meelee729697 chapter 19 . 7/8/2013
2006: Whoa. Everyone was in such different states. The times were awful. I can only imagine what it was like to do what they had to to get by. - Can't wait to hear what Carlisle has to say for himself.
2016: LOVED the Harvest Festival. That was so great & just what everyone needed. [Aside from the very end, of course]- I do so love that Rose is teaching & able to be w/ & nurture children. - I enjoyed Tanya's words of wisdom to Edward. The whole thing was so heartfelt & just fun. :) - Alice's gift, the necklace. That was so nice. :)
Now let's see what the heck is hap'nin w/ Jasper, & what happened in 2006 when Carlisle returned...
meelee729697 chapter 13 . 7/7/2013
Oh wow, I was in tears at Rosalie's mourning. Trying to save the children, & then laying them to rest when none survived, I just ached for her. I'm so glad u showed us the vulnerable, soft side of Rose, & her big heart that gets overlooked.
The 2006 part of this chapter was so haunting. So telling of the devastation.
The present day part was fabulous. Your vision of the compound & every detail... wow. I wish I had your brain. :)) hehe.
You have created a world here that keeps me craving for more, curious, anxious, happy, sad..- I feel all of it. I can't get enough & it's funny, because I didn't think this would be "my kinda story"- It certainly is, ma'am.
meelee729697 chapter 11 . 7/7/2013
The family discussion was well done, just like it should be. Real, raw, & full of emotion. They won't let Edward have his way that easily. Ha. - I'm so eager to see what Jazz finds out, 'specially from the glimpse in the prolouge.
The tv interveiws w/ onlookers thinking Ed & Vic was a movie was funny, 'specially the one who thought the "special effects" sucked. That was cute. But the CNN news report was eerie & sad.
Edward lost in his head was heartbreaking.
Another great chapter.
meelee729697 chapter 10 . 7/6/2013
Aw man, so many things to touch on, I just dunno where to start. - First off, couple chaps back, the moments between Alice & Edward in the alternate reality, that was beautiful. It potrayed their strong bond & deep love for each other just right. It was so touching.
Love that Charlie found the Cullens & really love the bonding & forgiveness between Charlie & Edward.
The way u switch between past & present time is so cool. It tells the story so well, & is easy to follow.
Next, I HAVE to believe that Bella somehow made it, & that Victoria was just torturing Edward w/ lies. & I sure am glad he ripped her head off. - pleeeeease let Bella be ok.
Also loved the moment between Rosalie & Edward.
Glad they're back in Forks, but anxious to see what's happening in the south.
This story breaks my heart, but it has it's precious moments. :) - So loving it. Thank u for sharing your amazing work.
TGDofATL chapter 39 . 7/5/2013
Wow. I just spent three days utilizing all my free time (and a good bit of my work time) engrossed with this story. This is not the sort of story I usually go for, but you made each character truly come to life with emotion that I kept reading not for the post-apocalyptic storyline, but just to see what would happen with the characters. Thanks for such an amazing story! I'm glad I took a chance.
meelee729697 chapter 8 . 7/5/2013
Ok, so I seriously have to go to work now. :(
I am captivated by this story. You are brilliant!
I can't wait til we see what really became of Bella.
So many mysteries here. - Your writing & talent & imagination... it's amazing.
I can't even comment on everything I've read & all that's going on because I can't find the right words.
Loving this, even in all the sadness & desperation.
meelee729697 chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
So many questions...
This is damn exciting. I can't put it down... Gotta get ready for work.
Ugh!
meelee729697 chapter 5 . 7/5/2013
This story has me so anxious!
They won't find Bella for at least 10 yrs. Will Charlie be ok? What about Rene? - Will something happen in present time in Forks? - Are the Volturi alive?
Agh!
Tulips at Twilight chapter 39 . 7/5/2013
What a fabulous story. I can't believe I'm only finding it now. Thanks for all your time and hard work putting a story of this caliber out here for others to read.
meelee729697 chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
So good, so good!
Emmett did a great job of lightening the mood. :) So Emmett.
Great story, so far, although devastating. :/ ... I've never read anything like this.
meelee729697 chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
Whoa. - Damn good writing.
I'm really hoping Bella somehow survived...
Either way I'll continue on.
meelee729697 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Omg, your brain is a wonderland. I am thrilled I stumbled across this story. I am beyond intrigued.
Wow.
MissYesPleaseSir chapter 39 . 7/3/2013
This story was really remarkable — I have been meaning to read it for SO long, because it keeps showing up in nearly everything I read as a fic rec, and I'm SO glad that I finally read it!

Your story arc is both original and immediately captivating; I'm not sure where your inspiration came from, but it's worth all the care & feeding it needs, whatever it was! I'm especially impressed with your use of multiple POVs — in lots of fics, authors switch back and forth between characters at a breakneck speed, like there are extra points for each change of perspective, when all it really does is create nausea in your readers. Here, though, your use of Jasper as a framing narrator (prologue and epilogue) and then right smack-dab in the middle of the story is really well-handled and clearly a mindful choice rather than the whoops-guess-I-need-someone-else-to-tell-this-part sort of thing.

Similarly, your control of your timeline is remarkable, since the kind of then-and-now structure you created could really have become unwieldy or distracted from your story, but instead it strengthened the momentum of the narrative and kept me engaged in BOTH points in time — unusual because often one of the periods is interesting and the other is simply a device to tell backstory, not an engaging narrative in its own right.

(I'm a publishing consultant, and have been at different points a literary agent, an English teacher, and a grad student — and clearly, my word-nerd is showing, can you tell? ;) )

I'm just so happy to have found this fic — it's a sophisticated creation and you should be very proud. And 3 years to write 325k words isn't all that surprising, especially when it's clearly well-crafted and -planned and executed so well! :) Thanks so much!
6,505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »