Reviews for The Fallout
gypbird chapter 4 . 5/1/2009
Good, sad, but good. Your pulling me in. I like it
Babette12 chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
We know he doesn't make it to Bella in Phoenix before the bombs go off. As to whether or not he made the right choice, that's very debatable. If he hadn't gone to her, would he know where Bella was enough to find her? Would he know what was happening, and what his family needed to do to be safe? I think he wouldn't. But, what's done is done.

I love how you portrayed Edward and Rosalie's relationship. How it is such a sibling thing. Even the jealousy. At least Rose apologized. I'm glad she figured out what Edward was up to, and was able to convince him not to defy the treaty so the family could survive. Since the end of NM didn't happen, he doesn't realize what losing him would do to the rest of the family. He thinks he stays to protect them, but he also stays to support them, because that's what family does. Even when you annoy each other, you support each other.
2much2do chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
The plot just keeps moving along. I actually held off reading this till tonight because I wanted time to savor it. (Crummy work week.)

I think it would have been out of character for Edward to ignore Alice because she's key to keeping the family and as many humans as possible alive. He would sacrifice himself for Bella but his family ... probably not. Although his taking that route and the potential consequences would make an interesting story, wouldn't it? Not in this one though!
animegaijingirl chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
wow, just wow. I am loving what I've read so far, and I can't wait to read more. Really powerful writing, I'm so interested in where you may be taking this!

And I think Edward made the right choice going to Alice. Besides, how would you have a story if he'd found her right away? ;)
Allytta chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
i found the bomb idea ridiculous, sorry. hydrogen bomb? those things are nothing compared to nuclear ones.

as to what i think about Edwards decision to stay with Alice - he'd never do that, Bella is everything and as you yourself wrote Alice is fighting. She's not some weak bitch that needs everyone around her trying to ease her down. She survived as a vampire on her own, with no teacher, she did that plus she found Jasper and the Cullens. She's the strongest of them all. And I disagree with your portrait of her - i just wanted to yell "oh come on, just get your shit together"

Anyway, I still love the story and the fact that you don't keep as waiting. Some fics I'm reading now update once a month, sometime sonce in two months, by the time new chapter comes out I have read a few new fics and already forgot what was going on in the last chapter, so it's a waste.
Malacandra chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
One thing that's interesting about this story is how the events affect the whole world, rather than just the Cullen family.

This chapter highlights the differences between Edward and Carlisle. Edward's such a melancholic, always brooding, worrying, and feeling guilty and self-absorbed. Carlisle is much different. We don't get much insight into his mind, but we do know that he kind of single-handedly caused the end of the world as we know it. We also know that Carlisle is not the one who is full of guilt to this day. And if Edward weren't Edward, he would blame Carlisle. All I know is that, if I were Carlisle, I would never forgive myself for making that phone call, and if I were Edward, I probably couldn't keep myself from being angry at Carlisle, but perhaps not until after Bella was dead. I guess I'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I found it interesting that Alice was human in her little hidey-hole. I have sometimes thought that Alice, having never experienced humanity, would miss it least of all the Cullens. On the other hand, though, it does make sense that, not having any human memories, she would miss them more. Alice certainly doesn't have the issues Edward and Rosalie have with vampirism, but even she misses humanity.

The scene between Edward and Rosalie at the end is great. I don't see much written that highlights the relationship between Edward and Rosalie. I think Rosalie has a hard time expressing her feelings in healthy ways. She's full of bitterness, anger, jealousy, and selfishness, but, as we see in Eclipse, she's still a very real person. I feel really stupid for saying this, but I think she hides behind all these emotions because it's easier than being honest. Here she really opens up and is honest with Edward and they get to share a nice brother/sister moment.

Did Edward make the right choice by going to Alice?

I don't know whether it was the right choice as concerns his goal to save Bella and the Cullens' other goals. It may have slowed everything down and lowered his chances of success, but I think he made the only decision he could. Alice is his sister. This is his family we're talking about. He couldn't just abandon them now. I suppose Bella's family too, in a way, but to walk away from Alice in her time of need would be the selfish thing to do, and we all know Edward hates being selfish.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chapters. I know that when the nuclear war hits, it's going to be epic. I was going to say I can't wait, but then changed my mind. I think I can wait for the end of the world. Thanks for writing!
Malacandra chapter 7 . 5/1/2009
Wow. Great chapter. This story is really exciting. I can't really explain, it's just really intriguing and I can't wait to read the next chapter.

I wasn't expecting Charlie. I didn't really think too much about who it would be, but I guess I suspected a vampire. Now, when Charlie calls Seth his son, he means his adopted son, right? That would be very very disturbing if he were actually his biological son.

Charlie seems to be very good at taking the bizarreness that is the Cullen family. I suppose that's where Bella gets it from. He just kind of takes everything in stride. "Oh, they haven't aged in the past ten years? Ok." I love Charlie.

Still, I didn't expect that of him. He trusted the Cullens enough to warn the Quileutes about the whole nuclear apocalypse thing, but he didn't trust them enough to save Bella? Actually, this is one way in which he is different from Bella. I remember in Twilight, Bella says that once she makes a decision, she sticks with it (then again, there's a little book called Eclipse that says otherwise, but that's a different conversation.) Charlie keeps changing his mind about the Cullens. At this point, though, it seems that he trusts them well enough, despite the fact that they didn't age. Besides, they gave him apple juice and alcohol. They're totally trustworthy!
Malacandra chapter 6 . 5/1/2009
The deal is, I was feeling particularly lazy when you posted this chapter and didn't review it, but I promised myself I would review it before reading the next chapter. With two new chapters out, I think this is the time.

I'm actually a little surprised that Emmett agreed to kill his brother. I can't tell whether or not it's like him. Usually in fics, he's always joking, never takes anything seriously, and isn't afraid of anything. I like how you show his more serious side. He is able to hold a serious conversation and sympathize with his brother. Edward and Emmett have always been close, and this really shows why. Still, offering to end his brother's life is a bit much. That is, I couldn't do that for someone I loved.

And then more mysteriousness about what's going on in the South. It's always so frustrating when an author hides details, but I know it's only to increase the suspense, so I will wait and keep on guessing.

And then, a guest. I really have no guesses as to who it may be, so I think I'll go read the next chapter and find out. Thanks for writing!
Frakking Toasters chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
Jasper forcing Edward to choose between Bella and Alice was tough. I understand it, but it was unfair. They pity him and want him to be happy and "snap out of it" yet they wouldn't be able to live with the loss that he endures, yet they expect so much from him.

Frakking Toasters chapter 7 . 5/1/2009
Charlie confessing to Edward what he did was so monumental. Charlie has carried this guilt all this time, realising that Edward did really love Bella, and if not quite that, at least realising that he would have done anything and everything to save her. And Edward's reaction - the scream in the woods and crossing the treaty line. Great stuff.

Frakking Toasters chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
“Is there nothing I can have?” I screamed at the heavens above to anyone that was maybe looking down at me, laughing at my misfortune.

UGH - this Edward is really getting to me. I love it though. I love it when I can really FEEL when I read.

Frakking Toasters chapter 4 . 5/1/2009
I understand Charlie reacting that way, but still, it's harsh. Poor Edward.

And as much as he loves his family, it must be like torture being surrounded by the happy couples who can take comfort in each other, and all the pitying thoughts coming his way. Oh man, you do Angstward so well.

Frakking Toasters chapter 3 . 5/1/2009
Again - the emotions! When they were driving into Forks, I could just feel how Edward was feeling and how this was for him. And the constant pity and "how are you" thoughts from his family must be excruciating.

Emmett belting out Neil Diamond was also a highlight.

Frakking Toasters chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
You capture everyone's emotions so well. But the Alice/Edward discussion about going back to Forks is so well done. I really FEEL Edward's emotions.

6,714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 406 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 426 .. Last Next »