Reviews for The Fallout
michellephants chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
OCD! I finally got a chance to read and I fucking LOVED this chapter!

I say it every chapter, but really!

Starting at the end, because it's the bit that stuck with me the most, the sentiment of the last line sort of makes me really sad and really happy all at once. It's a perfect line to sum up their sibling qualms but lets us know how deeply they really care for one another.

As for the chapter - I love that he stayed with Alice. Truly, I do. She *is* strong, her shit *is* together, but she needs help. And Bella needs help, too, and that's part of the beauty of this chapter. The two arguably most important people in his life desperately need him and he cant help them both, so he has to CHOOSE (we don't see that much in Twilight, I reckon ;P).. and as much as our hero would love to choose both, I'm guessing it won't work out for him.

So something's wrong with Bella. She's pale and has sunken eyes. HMM. Either she's batshit crazy or maybe she's a vamp. BAH. She does have that epic self control, but it'd be hard to hide the red eyes :P I'm grasping again, but hey - anything's possible. Other than that, maybe she's just catatonic, as we saw in NM.

It's unfortunate that the phone call set it into action.. While it's not carlisle's fault, of course he bears the weight of the whole thing, and that really must be difficult, especially bringing in his compassion. Sad, sad.

And hmm.. three days! Lots can be done in 3 days, are we playing more "where in the world is isa-bella-swan?" because I'm down for that. ferreal.

Lastly - I loved you jasper! I loved him first and foremost in the prologue, but he's fantastic in this chapter as well! And Esme! ESME! She's all momma bear but not annoying, and I can picture it, and it's fabulous. You really do a fantastic job at characterization.

Thanks so much for a great chap bb!

- Michelle
Maddy chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
Well.. I could not see Edward *NOT* going to Alice.. that would just be.. wrong. and very un-Edward. Of course Bella is the most important to him, but I definitely like Alice more. Atleast *SHE* has done more for him. That scene where he saw human Alice was very sweet.. but I always knew they had a special bond. What Rosalie said almost made me cry though
Thallium81 chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
i have read.

i am SO enjoying this fic.

i am sorry i didn't leave reviews all along the way, but i read it as i was recovering from the holiday in the wilderness, and i just couldn't write,

but

i want you to know that this writing is solid. i loved your last review reply & i think the pov you are giving is spot-on. not only that, but i respect the literary device of evolving the character in relation to his experiences.

i was NOT confused about seth- there are some idiots out there. i was thrilled to death by your description of charlie 10 years later.

clearly he has seen & been through enough that he is ready (in his canon stoicism) to accept the weirdness of the cullens... and i anticipate this is ease the blow when he sees his daughter again.

i love the post-apocalyptic changes.

edward is an ass for crossing the line- for all the reasons rosalie said. but i get it. i FEEL his entropy & it is entirely believable.

just incredibly well done. and i am impatient for more.
brandis chapter 3 . 5/2/2009
LOVE this so far. but edward seriously irritates me. smeyers fault, not yours. if he wasn't such a self-absorbed jackass, and had taken ANYONE else's feelings into consideration, this whole bella-is-a-secret-weapon-in-maria's-unholy-army situation wouldn't be happening! at least, i assume that's what the deal is, from the prologue. either way- all his fault!
philo22 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
I really like this story!

Its something different to the ones i read.

Just wondering will Bella be in this fan fic?
xxrobsession83 chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
Very impressed. And a lil sad right now, but I'll get over it. LOL. Like so many others, ExB must be together cause it makes me happy. Great job and can't wait to see what's up next.
EclipsedbyJacob chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
When I saw my Twilighted beta was working on something, I couldn't resist! I'm intrigued so far...
xxrobsession83 chapter 2 . 5/2/2009
Me likie. Pretty different than other FF I've read before. Very creative. Keep up the great work.
Freeloader13 chapter 4 . 5/1/2009
This is def. my most favorite twilight fanfic that ive read besides Wide Awake but a very close second almost tied...lol
gypbird chapter 4 . 5/1/2009
Good, sad, but good. Your pulling me in. I like it
Babette12 chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
We know he doesn't make it to Bella in Phoenix before the bombs go off. As to whether or not he made the right choice, that's very debatable. If he hadn't gone to her, would he know where Bella was enough to find her? Would he know what was happening, and what his family needed to do to be safe? I think he wouldn't. But, what's done is done.

I love how you portrayed Edward and Rosalie's relationship. How it is such a sibling thing. Even the jealousy. At least Rose apologized. I'm glad she figured out what Edward was up to, and was able to convince him not to defy the treaty so the family could survive. Since the end of NM didn't happen, he doesn't realize what losing him would do to the rest of the family. He thinks he stays to protect them, but he also stays to support them, because that's what family does. Even when you annoy each other, you support each other.
2much2do chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
The plot just keeps moving along. I actually held off reading this till tonight because I wanted time to savor it. (Crummy work week.)

I think it would have been out of character for Edward to ignore Alice because she's key to keeping the family and as many humans as possible alive. He would sacrifice himself for Bella but his family ... probably not. Although his taking that route and the potential consequences would make an interesting story, wouldn't it? Not in this one though!
animegaijingirl chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
wow, just wow. I am loving what I've read so far, and I can't wait to read more. Really powerful writing, I'm so interested in where you may be taking this!

And I think Edward made the right choice going to Alice. Besides, how would you have a story if he'd found her right away? ;)
Allytta chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
i found the bomb idea ridiculous, sorry. hydrogen bomb? those things are nothing compared to nuclear ones.

as to what i think about Edwards decision to stay with Alice - he'd never do that, Bella is everything and as you yourself wrote Alice is fighting. She's not some weak bitch that needs everyone around her trying to ease her down. She survived as a vampire on her own, with no teacher, she did that plus she found Jasper and the Cullens. She's the strongest of them all. And I disagree with your portrait of her - i just wanted to yell "oh come on, just get your shit together"

Anyway, I still love the story and the fact that you don't keep as waiting. Some fics I'm reading now update once a month, sometime sonce in two months, by the time new chapter comes out I have read a few new fics and already forgot what was going on in the last chapter, so it's a waste.
Malacandra chapter 8 . 5/1/2009
One thing that's interesting about this story is how the events affect the whole world, rather than just the Cullen family.

This chapter highlights the differences between Edward and Carlisle. Edward's such a melancholic, always brooding, worrying, and feeling guilty and self-absorbed. Carlisle is much different. We don't get much insight into his mind, but we do know that he kind of single-handedly caused the end of the world as we know it. We also know that Carlisle is not the one who is full of guilt to this day. And if Edward weren't Edward, he would blame Carlisle. All I know is that, if I were Carlisle, I would never forgive myself for making that phone call, and if I were Edward, I probably couldn't keep myself from being angry at Carlisle, but perhaps not until after Bella was dead. I guess I'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I found it interesting that Alice was human in her little hidey-hole. I have sometimes thought that Alice, having never experienced humanity, would miss it least of all the Cullens. On the other hand, though, it does make sense that, not having any human memories, she would miss them more. Alice certainly doesn't have the issues Edward and Rosalie have with vampirism, but even she misses humanity.

The scene between Edward and Rosalie at the end is great. I don't see much written that highlights the relationship between Edward and Rosalie. I think Rosalie has a hard time expressing her feelings in healthy ways. She's full of bitterness, anger, jealousy, and selfishness, but, as we see in Eclipse, she's still a very real person. I feel really stupid for saying this, but I think she hides behind all these emotions because it's easier than being honest. Here she really opens up and is honest with Edward and they get to share a nice brother/sister moment.

Did Edward make the right choice by going to Alice?

I don't know whether it was the right choice as concerns his goal to save Bella and the Cullens' other goals. It may have slowed everything down and lowered his chances of success, but I think he made the only decision he could. Alice is his sister. This is his family we're talking about. He couldn't just abandon them now. I suppose Bella's family too, in a way, but to walk away from Alice in her time of need would be the selfish thing to do, and we all know Edward hates being selfish.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chapters. I know that when the nuclear war hits, it's going to be epic. I was going to say I can't wait, but then changed my mind. I think I can wait for the end of the world. Thanks for writing!
6,723 | « Prev Page 1 .. 406 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 426 .. Last Next »