Reviews for The Fallout
Pastiche Pen chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Okay. I'm finally reading. I suck for taking so long. I know. But I loved it so far. The setup is great. You've captured the despair with all of the planning and practical details. And poor Jasper stuck with Maria. Gr. Maria.
songster chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
Edward is giving me a ginormous lump in my throat. He just can't catch a break. Wonder where Bella went? Just know she's got to be out there somewhere. I know I couldn't take another Cormac McCarthy story of a post apocalyptic world. Of course, Edward would be the father who gives up his life for his son. So sad. Hopefully, there will be a silver lining in all of these clouds.
IfIWishUponAStar chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
This story has a fantastic plotline. I am amazed at the ingenuity.

I don't think that Bella is dead. I think she is part of the secret weapon Maria has in the prologue. Meh, just a radom thought.

Can't wait for suture chapters. Keep up the good work!
songster chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
I love that even the vamps use humor to fight stress. The picture in my head of Emmett singing Cracklin' Rose is priceless and I could so see him doing it. Poor Alice. I can't imagine how frightening it would be to have your mind taken over without warning and then to have the visions be so horrific and vague. It would be a feeling of complete powerlessness, which I think might be even more frightening to a vampire as they are used to being powerful.
MidnightTrain chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
This story is just so... intense! Seriously, I just want to keep reading and reading. You have an amazing gift! Your writing and imagination is wonderful.

In my opinion, I do think that Edward made the right choice in going to see Alice. But obviously it wasn't the *right* choice, because he doesn't end up saving Bella. But who knows, maybe either way it's hopeless. But i think knowing how much time he has left maybe gives him a little more incentive, and save some panicking (he knows he has days, instead of hours to get to her...)

I curious to find out if you write Jacob in this story. I have a suspicion that maybe he had something to do with Alice's vision on Bella going black... but then again Charlie would know she was alive if she was with Jake? Ugh, I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Great writing, keep it up! I'll be waiting *patiently* for an update! :D
songster chapter 2 . 4/30/2009
Your Edward was true to character even down to his first thought after realizing what Alice's visions meant. This scenario is not quite as far fetched as people might imagine. You have only to think of three possibilities in our present day. You have a nuclear power in Pakistan which is becoming more destabilized by the minute. They don't like India which is also a nuclear power. You have the possibility that there are unaccounted for nuclear warheads floating around the former Soviet Union. North Korea could be a wild card here as they recently demonstrated that they could get a rocket to fly and that rocket could carry a warhead. It was postulated even during the Cold War that nuclear disaster could result not just from the super powers but from the smaller nations, that could drag the bigger ones into it. Anyway, as you can see I am currently fascinated by this as well as Maria's megalomania to have a Vampire ruling society that doesn't just rule other vamps but humans too.
songster chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Whoa. What a super interesting premise. Angst Goddess was spot on with her recommendation. Isn't like the Cullens to continue to be helpful to human, even when their prey was probably decimated as well? I absolutely can't wait to find out what Jasper thinks Maria's secret is. Great beginning.
Rabid Tofu chapter 2 . 4/30/2009
i know, i know im being an anal fan girl *shudders* but we got to talking about nuclear war and all that shit, and someone started telling me about EMP (electromagnetic pulse) and how it will knock out all technology blah blah blah, and like i said im anal and thought i would mention it to you...

you probably already knew though :D

P&L

Rabid Tofu
oldsoul1964 chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Yes, he made the right choice by going to Alice. His Family Had to known what was going on. I do'nt think he shoold have told Carlie the the end of the world was his falt. That I think he shoukd of kept to himself!
sayit3xs chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Very good chapter.
momma23 chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
He totally made the right choice. That was heartbreaking and the bomb hasnt hit yet. Poor poor Carlisle. Those 3 hours that E spent with A...oh my so beautiful and painful. It shows such a huge depth of love and devotion between them. sniff sniff

...and we haven't even read the reunion between E & B...your A/N needs to suggest kleenex
Allknowing Alice chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Another awesome chapter! The suspense is killing me! To answer your question about if Edward made the right choice by going to alice first, that's a hard one and I really don't know. I think either choice he made would have had consequences. The question is which outcome would have been worse, but that only can be answered in your future, hopefully near future ;), chapters. Can't wait to read more!
robyntj5998 chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
I love the sibling relationships that you are showing here. The scene with Alice is probably one of the sweetest things I have ever read between the brother and sister pair. It shows the depth of their devotion to each other and it really brought me to tears.

Rosalie breaking down and saying "I miss my brother."; she is such a hard character but underneath it all, she loves her family. When she loves, she loves hard and unconditionally, and when she is scared, she gets pissed...because that is easier than being afraid. I think that you are fleshing out Rosalie so well and it makes me even like her :)

Another great update :)
Cartnee chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
OCD...what a tangled web you are weaving! I love it!

I was all caught up in it and came to ch. 8's end and was like "NO!" Ok, I had this weird feeling, in the beginning, that somehow Bella is in that cage with Maria. Call me crazy, just a gut instinct.

I can't wait for more! I'm glad Angel keeps pimping this over on CoH b/c it's great!
IndigoIyse chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
great chappie, but the suspense is killing me as to what happened to Bella, will you be doing a BPOV?
6,714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 408 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 428 .. Last Next »