Reviews for The Fallout
sayit3xs chapter 3 . 4/23/2009
I just started reading this today. So far I can say I really like it. It's different and it has me wondering what's going to happen. Luckily there are a few more chapters posted so I get to keep reading for now. Great job!
Sobriquett chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Charlie was an inclination, but I had four or five of those, so I won't claim anything for that... But Seth: never would've guessed. Ever. Where's Jacob..? (rhetorical)

Anyway... my favourite chapter yet. It was when I was only half way through and it turned out that Charlie had messed things up by warning Renee. But by the last line, it was cemented. That last line is... the story, kind of.

Baltimore... I have no idea at all where that is. So I'm going to look that up, now. The Kremlin? History student who's been forced to study the Cold War one too many time - that amused me but didn't make me smile.

Alice shouting "she's not there!" I read that several lines before and then I was all panicky. I swear I had butterflies for almost all of this chapter.

And the apple juice thing... That was just... poignant.

Once again, your style is absolutely perfect, but there was one bit that confused me a little. "He had come to the conclusion that we were certifiable and he started to panic for his daughter's safety." Certifiable? I couldn't decide what I thought that meant.

So, he crosses the border? I'm curious about this, because at some point he has to help his family... So that's interesting. A narrative hook but not a cliffhanger, as if the hopeless search for Bella wasn't. And I adore that we know it'll be fruitless.

Do I think Bella's dead? No, because... Well, I can't imagine it working out. But you've hardly taken the obvious route so far, and in all honesty, it would be really good if she turned out to be dead. I mean, there's been next to nothing to suggest otherwise. So... I'm hoping she is alive, because of its necessity for a HEA, but I'm not going to be devastated if she were dead because that would be, in the most morbid, clinical sense, fantastic. You know what I mean, I hope.

When hypothesising about what you think'll happen in a book, you always consider how far through you are, either by thickness or number of pages... How far into the story are we, ish? If you know, of course...

Right - I'm off to wiki Baltimore and listen to the playlist. This was as incredible as ever.

~ Sobriquet
gypbird chapter 2 . 4/23/2009
WOW! I found this through AG, and I must say, it's got me hooked. Brilliant prologue! I'm loving it! Great writing! On my favs!
2gsdip chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Yes! I love an update. ;)

Well my guess's about who the vistor(s) would be were wrong.

But I figured they would be. LOL. They were just too obvious and if I had been right then this story wouldn't be half as good as it is.

I LOVE Seth and who doesn't love Charlie. I liked the surprise. I really just figured Charlie was dead. :)

Moving on...

Edward. *sigh*

Man he really needs a hug right now.

Just NOT by a werewolf. He seriously needs to get back over the line.

Because I have a feeling he will regret offing himself.

Which leads me to you question at the end...

M...lets see 'is Bella dead?'

I think she is dead but not. Muhahahaha.

I think she is "Undead"

This is just my theory, but the little bit we had of Jasper rigth at the start made think.

SO yeah. That is my thought.

Well once again awesome chapter.

As Always I can't wait and I'll be back for more. ;)
Reinbeau chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
I am pretty sure I know what happened to Bella, and who will find her. I sure hope that all works out well. I am worried about what Edward will find on the Res. He REALLY doesn't want to pick a fight with a pack right now, I just have a "feeling".
susanpr chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Wow! What a story.. I hope Bella isn't dead, because I hate the idea of Edward dying, and that would be inevitable if Bella is dead. The fact that she left Baltimore is probably the best news so far. Please keep going. This is Great!
Isabeau01 chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Oh, I belive Bella's dead but in the *good* sense if you know what I mean. I literally can't wait for the next chapter. This is one of the best new fics I've read. Keep up the great work!
Hmclaugh chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
I absolutely love this story! I can't believe you came up with the concept of mixing a nuclear war with twilight, but it just works! I'm guessing that Bella is with the Volturi, they killed her mom and Phil and stole her away! Haha, that's the best I've got.
readingmama chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
OKay so you won't tell me if Bella is dead, will you tell me if Bella is happy?

Is Seth not a wolf yet then? The vamps didn't seem to smell him as such.
Sheeijan chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
God, I want to hit Charlie myself now! If only he hadn't called, if only he had left it alone. *sigh* That was just painful. No wonder Edward is breaking the treaty, it must be unbearable to know how close he had been to her. I have this mental image of Edward reaching a breaking point and just begging for death on his hands and knees in front of his family. Begging them to let him go. It breaks my heart.

Thanks so much for the update! I love the angst in this story, seriously. This is my kind of angst.
sherrie cherries chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
i was seriously hoping it would be bella...and then the whole truck thing...i was getting excited...but no it had to be charlie...but i guess that makes since. i don't know whether bella is truly dead...but i seriously hope she is alive...

can't wait for more
MrsDazzled chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Nope, I don't think Bella's dead. And I'm glad you're not going to tell us! I hate when I think out loud in my reviews and the author comes back and says, oh, don't worry, this is going to happen. I like surprises!
I Wear the Crown chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Great job! I'm eager to read more!
nellie bly chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
You are doing such a terrific job with this story. It is so different from everything else out there. I hope Bella is not dead, what a good ending if she's not :) Maybe she was turned by another vampire and is out there somewhere but can't find or remember the Cullens. Hm... Can't wait for the next chapter!
v1cky84 chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Thank you for updating. You wrote another awesome chapter, as always (and it feels as if the chapters won't ever be long enough...I always want more!). I guessed wrong...I would've never thought the visitors were gonna be Charlie and Seth. I love Seth...I'm glad you decided to bring him into the story.

I feel bad for both Charlie and Edward...they both felt so guilty over their mistakes. I hope Bella is going to show up soon. I'm pretty sure Bella is still alive so I won't ask whether she is alive or not (even thought it would be nice to get a confirmation) ;) I've actually lost track of the number of times I reread the prologue...I think it was vampire Bella that Jasper saw inside the cage. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
6,608 | « Prev Page 1 .. 416 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 436 .. Last Next »