Reviews for When All The Years Fill In
DeceasedSoul chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
I really enjoyed this. Thought I'd written a review already but it didn't show up so I wrote another. You captured perfectly the feeling of dwindling, dying love, of the first flash of teenage infatuation not being enough to fuel a lifetime together. It was tender, quiet and I love the way you make Harry feel quietly trapped.

I wrote a story called The World Still turns (I promise I'm not trying to pimp it lol) but I much prefer this one of yours

Favourited
BenRG chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Bravo! A master-work! I haven't read a better deconstruction of the folly of Harry's relationship with Ginny anywhere.

Oh, there is no doubt that Harry will stick it out (he is too essentially loyal not to) and I am sure that time and familiarity will allow them to have friendship and contentment. But true love? Few indeed are they who are lucky enough to find that at seventeen years old.

The 'they married after Hogwarts and lived happily ever after' thing always rankles with me, be it with H/G, H/Hr, H/Lu or whatever ship you sail. We change a lot, psychologically and emotionally, between 16 and the mid-twenties. Oh, it fit in perfectly with JKR's 'fairytale princess' paradigm for Ginny but it never quite works once you try to write post-DH stories with them together. My own preferred fanon time line always has Harry re-meeting the girl (whoever) after Auror Academy and them re-starting their relationship on an adult level.

Well done for your expert insight.

BenRG's Rating: 8.5/10
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
you write well. poor harry. poor ginny, more.