Reviews for eyes like the summer, all beauty and truth
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Can something as dark as this story still be 'SHINY"?

Good job, either way.
Scarlet Moon At Midnight chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Amazing!

You wrote this with such detail!

And the darkness of it!

:):)

I've not become a passionate Mal/River 'shipper!

I'd like to see your take on some of the other characters in this time after Inara.

I think you should definitely continue this in some form.
The Puppeteer chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Brilliant. This was a well written and detailed story. It is dark with a touch of twisted romance. I LOVED IT! I would kill for more of this sort of dark story. To understand how Mal and River came to be post Mal/Inara. Why is Simon not on the ship but teaching? You opened the door for a great series or at least a nice epic story. I'd love to see the build up of their hormones on paper as River has said.

Not only that you had them remain in character which was interesting. I could see all of that taking place without them seeming to be monsters. I love it. Plus I would be tickled to read Mal's reaction to River coming to bed with a big knife like that. He'd probably curse Jayne ten ways to hell.

Great work and I'd love to see more Mal/River work from you in future.
TheOriginalDarkswan chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
I really liked this story. So very dark and broody but still capturing the essence of the characters. Please, more?

I would really like to read the prequel and the sequel to this.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
The side of River that no one writes about. Nice job.
vballmania23 chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Crazy story, but still great. I just loved the description of Mal and River in the line "[He] could see the end of his life spinning out before him, ended at the sure, delicate hands of a moon-eyed girl and her granite-jawed lover."
weaselsdontfly chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
...Whoa. I'm not a huge fan of Mal/River, but this just blew my mind. You write crazy-River perfectly, I love the homicidal not-so-undertones.

"How she (his sister River, once a fugitive like himself) danced with Reavers like Kali with four arms and three eyes; she saved everyone but the pilot."

Love that line. Love it.

The only part that didn't flow for me was: "How River (his genius sister with her mangled amygdala, an interesting surgery that scrambled her brains and left bits of other people floating in her mind) now travels the ‘verse with a tan lan pirate captain. Flies a fei liao ship without a sail, stealing from the rich and those that have."

I'm not sure why, something about it doesn't flow like the rest and it kind of stuck out to me.

I absolutely love this story and the way you write.
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Oh. My. This definitely explores the darkness of Mal and River being together. Sure they’re alike, but in the ways that scare the h*ll out of you. River doing Mal’s bidding, reminds me of the River Tam Sessions, chilling.