Reviews for Not the Dad I'd Like to Be
bookish327 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Very well-written and in character. Booth seems to want to give the important people (such as his "Bones") in his life nicknames, rather than to use their formal names, and he does so with calling her "Becky" here. (I think that he refers to her as "Becks" sometimes in the series, but usually it's "Rebecca," as she prefers here in this fic, too.) So, it made sense for him to still be trying to use the "Becky" nickname here.

I'd also wondered about the last name situation, assuming that it was "Booth" because the Booth we know is so traditional, though he only has limited power because of never having been married to Rebecca. She obviously has a will of her own (refusing to take the easy route and just marry him when he asked), so I could see her going either way about Parker's last name. If she HAD chosen to give the baby her surname, it made complete sense to me that she'd let his father choose the first name, though retaining veto power if it was something she really didn't like. So, this all made perfect sense to me.

Great job, as always!
whatta-u-know chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
liked it loved it it was great like all ur others
Sgt. Olivia Benson-Stabler chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I really like this story. I know it's not your usually thing, but I think it's really well-written. Great job!
Rose Aarac chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I love it! Especially Rebecca's line "He'll always be your son, but I can't be your wife."

That was just awesome! Great job!
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Hey!

Sorry it's taken me so nong to review...well, longer than it usually takes me, but this had been a crazy weekend.

This was great. I can definitely imageine the scene playing out like that.

I see you've got another story up, so I'm off to read that one too.

Awesome job!

Leah
Boneyo chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Woah...completely different style but its good.

My heart breaks for Booth in this story!
iamwriter chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
I liked this. Always wondered what might have happened with the Parker sistuation, nice oneshot
PurpleKlainer chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
good job XD and i've got my mums last name 2 thank god i could have ended up with fogarty *shivers*
crazycamera chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
I liked the story.. good emotion and Becky could always decided ina day or two to give the baby Booth's last name.
Labyrinth01 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
THANK YOU so much for this story and including that women have the right to give their children their own last names. My sister and my best friend both gave their kids their last names instead of their husbands', and if my hubby and I ever have kids, they will undoubtedly have my last name. It never made sense to me: a woman goes through all the discomfort of pregnancy, the pain of labor, the misery of breastfeeding, and often is the one to curtail her career, and yet the baby gets the husband's last name...because he has a penis? WTF?

Since I'm ranting...on TV, they never show husbands and wives who have different last names. And they use "Mrs." instead of "Ms." even with a divorced woman. Even on Bones: I was watching "The Finger in the Nest" last night, and Seth the vet's ex-wife was being addressed by his Mrs. Hislastname. I mean, really. I was so happy in my favorite show, The Closer, when Brenda was proposed to, she said, "can I keep my own name?" Of course, she should have said, "I am keeping my own name" instead of asking, but hey, I'll take what little can get from TV these days.

OK, now I know I am really ranting, but one thing about Bones fanfic (forgive me if I am insulting you with this comment): whenever Booth and Bones get married, she takes his name. You have GOT to be kidding me. I work in health care, and none of the female physicians I have ever worked with changed their names at marriage. When you have an established career with publications, it is just too much of a hassle. And then there is Brennan, who talks about what an antequated ritual marriage is, and how it limits a woman's rights. So she is going to let herself be treated like a piece of proberty? I don't think so. I would really like to find a pregancy story where she insists the baby has her name to be matralinear, and you pretty much gave me that here. I think Booth would be fine with her keeping her last name (like he would have a choice), but the alpha male protector would come out in him if his kid with Brennan doesn't have his last name. It would make for an interesting debate. I write fanfic (for The Closer) and have been thinking about trying my hand at some bonesfic, so perhaps I will do a little anthropological research on matralinear societies for the inevitable arguement and give it a try.

Sorry for the babbling. I was just so happy to see someone writing a fic who is so progressive. I am now going to go and engulf a bunch of your other stories. Homework, shomework!
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
This was brilliant! I don't think I've ever read one of these, about Booth and Rebecca when Parker was born. You did an amazing job, I loved it :)

Hope you have a great Wednesday/Thursday, and that you're not too hopped up on caffeine lol.

~Taylor.
MineUnfaltering chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
That broke my heart.

Great job, I hadn't really given that moment much thought. Poor Booth, that had to be aweful for him... perhaps I can comfort him...