Reviews for The Only Love I Know
cavemenftw chapter 7 . 1/12/2012
This is many years after the fact but I only just got around to watching BtVS recently despite being in it's age group when it was on the air originally. (Kicking myself, butat least I got to watch it all in a short block of time.)

This story kicked every door in my house down. I absolutely lo ed it from beginning to end. I have only been reading fan fic for a short while , but I have not come upon anything this good so far.

Thank you so much for the alt look at that time in the show, I enjoyed every word of it.
sweetprincipale chapter 7 . 2/28/2011
Powerful, dark, and lovely. Superb work.
Quinara chapter 7 . 8/16/2003
That was beautifully dark, with ebbs and flows that were so unlike season 6.

I know this review's kinda late, since you finished the fic well over a year ago, but I only just discovered it and felt like I had to review. I would love to see more in the same 'verse, but that's probably not possible.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I loved this story, and the way that you can really feel empathy for the angst. These days it's really hard to find authors who can do that...or even script-writers...
Sam chapter 7 . 9/25/2002
thta was a really good fanfic very deep

well done ur a good writer :)
no name chapter 5 . 8/20/2002
sorry just didn't do it for me. I skimmed through most of it. I love angst but this was just kinda give me a break. He beats her up and it makes her feel alive. Spike would never beat her or bruise her. He'd let her beat the crap out of him but he wouldn't hurt her. Sorry I guess to eaches own.
shadow chapter 7 . 4/26/2002
Amazing! It was very believable, the actions, reactions, lack thereof. Several times I wanted to scream at Buffy for being as blind/stupid as she accused Willow of being. And you addressed it! I'm impressed; usually one has to be wrong/bad for the benefit of the other (a writer shortcoming, bias), but you kept them in character and real. Dark is in us all, how we deal is what matters. I could understand and accept B/S in your universe, like Willow did *for Buffy*. Thank you.
WanderLost chapter 7 . 3/15/2002
Wow! Thanks, Havok. You give great B/S. All dark and edgy, never forgetting who these two are. I like your stories better than Noxon's.
bubonicplague1348 chapter 7 . 1/30/2002
Abso-fucking-lutely brilliant.

I don't have enough great words to say about this story...you have captured ambiguity and darkness in such a manner as to create something hauntingly poetic and yet delicately beautiful.

This is one of the best, truest works of fanfic I have ever read.
Cypherwulf chapter 6 . 1/27/2002
Very poetic, I love how you write Buffy's inner turmoil. Good story so far.
WanderLost chapter 1 . 1/19/2002
I would like to apologize to all dedicated fic authors. I am a Bad Reader. I take glee in your work, but am almost always too lazy to review. Shame on me! Usually, the only think that can motivate my lazy fingers is a story SO good, and not updated every day, that I become desperate to see what happens, obssesively logginng on & looking for the next chapter nearly every day. Um, what I mean to say is, I really like the story. Especially the way you make the dark & sweet of B/S mix believably.
Julie watts chapter 5 . 1/18/2002
Wow! this is a great fic! It's dark and angsty but I still loved it! Is it finished or will there be more? I hope you keep writing and not just this. You are really talented. well let me know if you add more to this. thanks Julie
Eris chapter 5 . 1/18/2002
This is such an excellent fic. Buffy and Spike's relationship will never be a normal one, and I'm actually surprised that more people don't see it as being in such a dark place. I love B/S together, but I like how they have a twisted painful love in this story. I also love that Spike is trying to be sweet with her (giving her flowers). He has a nice side to him too and I think you portrayed all parts of his character very well.

You also got inside Buffy's head. I actually feel her pain and confusion thanks to your writing. It helps to explain her behavior. Very well done.

I can't wait to see what exactly is wrong with her, if she'll ever make up with Willow, and if she'll let Spike be more loving and gentle. Please continue to write more.

Eris
Destiney 2 lazy 2 log in chapter 5 . 1/18/2002
U know i tend to ramble so, WOW! And MORE should be good for now.
Ehann chapter 4 . 12/29/2001
Beautiful, gorgeous description. Stark and sensual, definitely a good read.
Destiney 2 lazy 2 log in chapter 4 . 12/29/2001
again with the wows but this time its diffrent. This chapter made me hate Willow, i was so close to grabbing the mouse and braking it. Then at thee end i hated Buffy and stil do! *This stories Buffy.* The way shes all 'poor me.' and thinks she can just use Spike as a relif sadly its realistic. I hate the way she cmplains like her lifes the worst and yeah i admit the girls got it bad but there is way worse out there. She gets super powers and can kill things when stressed she got to be iin heaven and the fact that she'll go back. she KNOWS the meaning of her life, its to much for one girl to have and complain about and this story brings that out completley. Great cant wait for more!