Reviews for Double Trouble
The-KLF chapter 15 . 2/21/2014
I enjoyed this a lot, and it does read as mid-season 1. Maggie makes more sense now too, and she's growing on me!
Alison M. DOBELL chapter 15 . 5/5/2012
Hello, Jane0904. I decided to whizz to the beginning of the Castle stories and came across this one of yours, I loved it! Have sat up into the small hours reading it all in one go. The only thing I would have asked you to do is put little page breaks in to show changes in scenes as it is a little disconcerting being in the middle of one scene then having the next scene running into it. I also missed Castle calling Alexis "Pumpkin", aside from that this was brilliant. Loved the way you plotted out the story and then how it all came together at the end. Very fine writing and as for you being English don't apologise, so am I. Ali D :~)

"You can't take the sky from me!"
KB4RC chapter 15 . 12/18/2011
Dear Jane

That is absolutely the best story I have read on here. Not only did you have an excellent murder mystery but the banter and the humor was great. At the end I have to admit, I was sitting here thinking...hmm 10 chihuahuas and the science lab. Thanks for a great story.
Jenrose1 chapter 6 . 9/13/2011
I like the story and your writing style overall. Very engaging and well-thought-out.

However, the lack of breaks between sections is incredibly distracting. It throws me out of the story when I have to figure out that a transition just happened, especially rapid-fire scene changes like in chapter 5.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 7/14/2011
An interesting bit of work that effectively captures the mood of the original series; congratulations.

Maggie made for an interesting and promising character from the beginning, creating some interesting questions about her and her past relationship with Castle, while the case itself was also highly intriguing, four incidents taking place that could have made interesting cases on their own (The theft of a double-bass might have been fairly minor, but it was the only one that suffered in that regard) coming together to create several promising questions about the criminal’s motives and identity.

Brock made an excellent addition to ‘Castle’s Contacts’, serving as an interesting character with some unusual quirks of his own that are so effectively precisely because they’re so cliché, and the idea about the criminal’s motives and method was particularly interesting, giving the team an opponent with a unique twist that nevertheless originally came about by pure luck rather than anything else.

Once again, congratulations on writing an intriguing plot that includes a clear and accurate presentation of the characters involved.
Tess-CO chapter 15 . 1/21/2011
Reading this story now, while we are mid season 3 his quite disturbing. The characters are really well written, the story pretty good and I really enjoy it. It was just hard, sometimes, to remember that it was set mid season 1. Because the characters and their relationship aren't the same, they evolved. A LOT. But aside from that, you did a very good job !
LilyPSuzeSMiaM chapter 15 . 1/14/2011
This isn't the end, is it? Because I would be extremely upset if it was. I stayed up way too late reading this and if I don't get some closure, well let's just say might have to steal Kate's gun for a bit. :D Amazing story, though. You go. The characters exactly right.
ArafelSedai chapter 15 . 12/4/2010
Well, I started reading Blow the Man Down and realized I had no idea where Maggie came into the picture...so I came and found out. I could very much "hear" the Season One relationships involved here. Alexis being uncertain of Kate; a certain shallowness to Castle and Beckett's interactions. It didn't detract, if anything it was a nice past to revisit.

I must even admit *somewhat shamefaced* at feeling jealous of Maggie on Kate's behalf.

Interesting crime plot...but so bizarre and Castle-ish. ;-)
superlc529 chapter 15 . 8/6/2010
Oh. My. God. DOUBLE TROUBLE! I didn't realize it was here too! I absolutely love this story. Seriously, this should just become an episode and/or 2/3-parter. I swear, all your Castle stories really flow like an episode. And I REALLY love this one. Now I can favorite it! And go read some more of your lovely work. :)
Meche chapter 15 . 5/3/2010
Your story is good, and your character's are really good too. Some of your lines and banter sounded like they came right out of the show. I like your plot a lot. The biggest critique that I have is that you made Kate too mean. She's a bit rough around the edges, but she's not as cruel as you made her. I think that she's more patient with Castle, and everyone else around her, than you made her out to be. For example, if she and Castle were shot at instead of being mad that Castle was on top of her she would make sure that he hadn't been shot. Also, there were times when Alexis was a bit too mean. She teases Castle, but I don't think she's ever outright insulting too him. Also, even though I know it was very important to your plot I don't think that Castle would ever go sneaking into a crime scene. He knows too well that it could ruin Beckett's case, and he wouldn't want to do that. He's impulsive, but he's not stupid and reckless. He actually obeys Kate's wishes/orders. Again, I just wanted to let you know that your story was awesome, and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for more!
Dimac99 chapter 15 . 4/22/2010
Ok, definitely my bedtime now, but this was well worth staying up for, even if I regret it when I get up in the... afternoon, probably!
Dimac99 chapter 9 . 4/22/2010
A drive by shooting should be very serious, but it's difficult to take this one seriously when I'm laughing so hard at your description of Rick as "a man of advancing years". Nathan, and by extension Rick, isn't even forty yet! Other than that though, I am very much enjoying the story. It just seemed like such a bizarre way to describe him though that it brought me out of the story momentarily. Still, even though I should definitely be bookmarking this and going to bed, I can't with an ending like that! Onward!
TheBlackHand724 chapter 15 . 4/12/2010
good story. it had some moments that felt very Castle. i like that Castle solves the case first. i also like Maggie as a foil for Kate. TBH
1badasschick chapter 15 . 3/24/2010
just wanted to say that this is one of the best case fics i've ever read! most of them are too simplistic or too unrealistic but you had excellent characterization, an interesting plot with unexpected twists, and witty dialogue worthy of castle/beckett. looking forward to reading more of your stuff in the future! :)
LadyAilith chapter 15 . 2/5/2010
Very nicely done! It unfolded just like an episode. Your characters' voices stayed true throughout your story. I enjoyed it so very much. Thank you!