Reviews for Holography 1: The Catalyst
Pureblood-Slytherins chapter 13 . 7/28
I like this story! You are a very talented writer!
KendrixTermina chapter 13 . 10/15/2016
Not what I expected for the epilogue though much fitting.
KendrixTermina chapter 8 . 10/15/2016
When moved across the chess board once too many, people act counterproductively sometimes...

Though I really like the absolute cold fury in this, how he's planful and thought-through even with this.
KendrixTermina chapter 6 . 10/15/2016
Some of this is rather relatable despite the alien setting
KendrixTermina chapter 5 . 10/15/2016
There goes the proverbial glass cage of emotion.
KendrixTermina chapter 3 . 10/15/2016
I must say you have struck an interesting balance here in how you write Spock.

interesting take on the first person perspective in that the narration shows us exactly what he's thinking and feeling but the descriptions of what is outwardly visible do retain a canonical level of opaqueness (more so than in your other fics I'd say, dire circumstances nonwithstandin), and of course the situation where you have a frighteningly intelligent, in some respects mature person who in others is still a somewhat sheltered youth taking a daunting first stepout of a strict father's shadow.

Though one also distinctly recognized the character we have known to love, how he does pursue ideals in his own way and how he can be very, very scary on those occasions where he he has a plan.
KendrixTermina chapter 2 . 10/14/2016
Interesting dynamic. I find him pretty in-character so far.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
Oh. so your interpretation of this is a cloak-and-dagger middle of night undertaking, though a long-planned one?

That's actually more in-character than most people know to appreciate. And it's something different from the usual scenario where he's undecided or on board with Daddy's plans until some random inspiring circumstance.
tanseynz chapter 13 . 11/11/2015
One of the most powerful ST stories I've read. The massive conflicts between Sarek, Amanda, Spock and T'Pau give a graphic picture of just how different the Vulcan culture is, and the ongoing compromises everyone is forced into in order to keep the public profile of the family intact, even though that family may be crumbling within. It's too easy to hate Sarek, yet in some ways he's perhaps more of a victim than the others, and far less able to see and act on it.
I look forward to the sequel.
tanseynz chapter 4 . 11/11/2015
Is hypocrisy logical? Oh Sarek...
Window Girl chapter 4 . 3/19/2015
I love the relationship between Sarek and T'lau. I like that she's standing up for Spock.
Window Girl chapter 3 . 3/19/2015
I like your rendering of Sarek and Spock's argument. It's very believable.
Laurie chapter 13 . 10/11/2014
I can't get over how REAL your characters are! I love how you delve so deeply into the Vulcan vs human psychology. Excellent dialogue between Amanda and Sarek, and between T'Pau and whoever she has summoned! Thank you as always for such a lovely escape. I never felt 'taken out' for a moment - your world is so real, and yes, logical! Thank you.
smalsa chapter 5 . 8/24/2014
I just want you to know, how much I want to quote everything from this chapter...there are too many perfect quotes to list.

'He was always on the outside, looking in. An observer, but never a participator.'-I wish Amanda had done more for him during his childhood and I wish Sarek had understood that his son had a human half.

'Emotion was real, and it was even possible for a full Vulcan to find' -I just want to reach in and hug him, what would it be like to deny a part of your existence, to always dampen it, because others expected something else.

That last paragraph, nearly had me in tears...I wish spock would communicate this to his parents and in turn they would understand how he felt. The description and history behind the holo was beautiful!
smalsa chapter 4 . 8/24/2014
Woah! I absoluetly despise Sarek at this moment in time, T'Pau of all people, of all people accepts Spocks decision and even approves of it, even states that regardless of anything Spock is her heir. I can't quite understand what Sareks issue is at this point? But that's the human in me right? I can't think in his Vulcan way...T'pau is Vulcan too though.

''But I acknowledge that I have had more practice in accepting such deviant behavior than you. After all, you have not had a son and heir of yours yet marry a Terran and present you with a half-Terran heir. If you had, perhaps you would accept such inconsequential trifles as this in stride." - Loved this!