Reviews for Holography 1: The Catalyst
Talktidy chapter 1 . 2/20
Hi,

First things first, anyone out there looking at reviews to suss out a good, meaty read should look no further.

I am currently on sick leave, feeling unwell and pretty sorry for myself, but I have, at least, had the opportunity to re-read your Holography series to cheer me up.

Anyone who writes well makes it look easy. The quality of your prose is fantastic. One might not think it difficult to put one word after another in constructing a story, but...

The depth of characterisation (warts and all) is amazing; Sarek and Amanda could almost come off the page and be in the room with you. The Vulcan, with its politics, and a society so proscribed by biology, that you draw, seems eminently feasible, too.

I can’t understand why you have received so few reviews on this to date. Well, maybe I can because I am normally rubbish at leaving feedback, too.

Bravo!
TOSoldtimer chapter 13 . 12/20/2013
After rereading Home is the Sailor, I reread this for perspective. Still a great story the second time around.
numom1 chapter 13 . 4/16/2013
Excellent story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can definitely see this playing out. I love how Spock and even Amanda out logicked (sp?) Sarek. Also, how even T'Pau wouldn't accede to Sarek's demands. I can't help but feel that Amanda kind of has a bum rap in her life with Sarek though. I'm looking forward to reading the next story in the series to see a more peaceful representation of her life.
kyoko12989 chapter 13 . 8/15/2012
Very interesting.
Galad Estel chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
Your dialogues and relationships and those little legal complexities make this story quite rich
Galad Estel chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
Hmmm, things don't look to well for the three of them
Galad Estel chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
It is a joy to have finally found such a well writtne stiry about Spock and his parents. The drama is wonderful
Galad Estel chapter 6 . 8/11/2011
You are an incredible writer. I love this story. It so beautiful and so raw. Piercing through to the very souls of the characters.
Galad Estel chapter 5 . 7/25/2011
Excellent chapter. You are a very impressive writer. The emotions were so well brought out
Galad Estel chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
I like your interpretation of Spock. Actually I am planning some day to make a Star Trek movie and one thing that I was going to put in it was the fact that Spock had Terran citizenship.
southernbelle08 chapter 6 . 4/22/2011
First things first: Spock is a BAMF. Nuff said.

As for Sarek, poor guy. Poor fool. And poor Amanda. Parenting's a bitch no matter who you marry, and I think we're lucky we turn out with only what scars we have.

I really appreciate that this story nails some of the big-time realities of life, even as it is set on a fictional alien planet. Such, IMHO, is the triumph of sci-fi.
southernbelle08 chapter 4 . 4/22/2011
T'Pau: You think Spock is a problem child? Look at what *I* had to put up with!

Lol love it. Really looking forward to see how this story plays out...
Carriewhowasreading chapter 13 . 4/12/2011
Pat, absolutely beautiful! I LAUGHED and clapped at Spock's manipulation of Sarek, rejoiced in T'Pau's accepting Amanda ...cried too. Beautiful!
Carriewhowasreading chapter 13 . 4/12/2011
Moichino chapter 13 . 4/12/2011
Brillant story. Just love your writing style, your creativity - I am now addicted.

55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »