Reviews for Through a Glass Darkly
LocalTalent53 chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
This is haunting and beautiful in a way few character studies achieve. You touch upon the events portrayed both before and during the game with deep understanding of the inherent tragedy they hold. The details you add only further the evocative tone of the piece.

I must say, I really wish there was a part two to this. I'd love to see how you handle the events of FE2 and FE3.
ChocolateLizz chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Ahh! It took a while to read this, but I finally finished! :) I can't wait to read part two (though this story was published two years ago;;) and it'll probably make me hate Camus for leaving Nyna even more. ;w;
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Wow. This is really amazing. I've only played FE11, so I know I'm missing out on a lot of history with these characters, but their relationship still intrigued me, and this is by far the best fics I've ever read for them. Thank you for the amazing read!
Sansuri chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This story is simply the best I've ever read. The way you convey the feelings of the characters was great, and I really wanted to cry at the end because it was so sad. I really hope that you write more about this pairing.
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
This fic is truly excellent. I love your portrayal of the events that pass between Camus and Nyna while she's held captive. The imagery that you've used is so vivid and powerful that the story really pulls you into it.

Truly wonderful work.
piratelore chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I always feel I can never fully encompass the depths of your fics and do them justice in such a short response, but I shall try my best for this one.

I am especially fond of the quotes you put in at the very start. They give the rest of the story a new depth and context.

I have studied Camus's texts, and although I never played the game which he appears in, I can certainly see the parallels you draw between the Camus in and out of the game. I think you did a great job handling his philosophies, especially the point on justice and truth, as they have a tendency to be quite complex.

This had a nice, physical grounding, which is always nice to see. The use of themes and images are also much more prominent in this compared to your other works, which I enjoyed. I vaguely remember you citing your love for dreams in your notes (which by the way, fit nicely in the narrative), but I also thought your selections and mentions of plants to be quite thoughtful (the reference with the pomegranate in particular, was nicely crafted).
Saezuri Nohito chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
This is such a beautiful piece of work! I salute you, seriously.
RWT chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
hat said, I do respect Nina/Hardin, and think that FE2 throws a HORRIBLY EVIL wrench into the whole mess. (OH FE, WHY SO DEPRESSING.)

-I know /! It's 'he's still alive' gone terribly wrong!

And with the fic, man when I played the game I really wnated to know exactly what happened between them during the escape and this seems to be a great interpretation of ot though of course sad too...
That Old Account chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
...Wow. This is truly beautiful. It is dark and chilling. You really made a good back story for them.
Emotionally crippled reader chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Well done. Its hard to find stories for Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. Whats impressive is that you got the characters down perfectly and used information from Fire Emblem BS.
Claire chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Wow, I can't believe this only has two reviews! It's so hard to find good fics for early FE games. I really hope you update soon!
Gummy-Tank chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Wonderful story. Cleanly written and perfectly dark. I really enjoyed it, I love the idea of Nina (or Nyna...or not) and Camus as I'm a sucker for knights and princesses. But more so it's the dark circumstances of their relationship. You really portrayed it well. I'm looking forward to part two. I know very little of FE2 though I am aware of Camus's situation and Teeta. I don't know what kind of character she is so I don't know what to expect, it's exciting.
TheTwilightRurouni chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I read this last week. I'm reviewing now. I'm a bad person. But honestly, I felt rather daunted trying to review this, I get that way with high caliber fics. I mean...this was as close to perfect as I think I'll see, along with some other works I love on this site. There were a few mechanical errors throughout, but I can only vaguely remember two. I would tell you what they were, but because I'm an incomparable slacker I've forgotten exactly what they were.

But moving on to perhaps something a bit more insightful, ne? What I found myself reading was everything the title promised, a dark fanfic that made me feel twisted and warped inside. I thoroughly enjoyed it, all the while staring blankly at the screen. No cheering, no lauging, no groaning; just falling into a /very/ somber mood. This wasn't sugarcoated or idealized at all. Nina watching her maid be raped and murdered, her bizarre and confusing love for Camus, it was all very real and striking. The way she fell in love too, and I mean fell. Not head over heels, but grudgingly slipped into feelings she never imagined she would. It gave this a very tangible sense of futility and sorrow, which was the point, so well done.

Now, I do wonder where you get this interpretation from. I'm all for it, I loved this, but you learn so little about them from FE: Shadow Dragon. The story line is so cut and dry; run here, do this, kill this, and oh-if-you-please /try/ not to kill Camus my dear. Is this the way you see their love, or did I miss something in the game? I know you mentioned notes, and I looked at the links you provided, but I really didn't see an answer to the question. I found the rant amusing though.

Anyway, I wish I could convey how great this made me feel. Not great like I want to frolic in the daisies, but great like this fic makes me want to curl up and think for a while. It's a permeating sense of melancholy that I feel. I enjoyed this a great deal, and I will be patiently awaiting part two. I apologize if this seemed like a rant simply repeating how good it was, but I felt the need to review, if for no other reason than no one has. And I know you don't particularly care about reviews, but it just shouldn't be.

Twilight Rurouni