Reviews for Best Imitation of Myself
Lily-Magnolia chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
I choked on my drink reading Marshall's meteor comment, lol!
Lily-Magnolia chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I like how you describe Barney so exquisitely in a way that he is starting to appear subtly more vulnerable to Robin in a way that neither of them realized it anyway.
Classy chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
This is great, and it makes me really excited about the new season!
Batsie chapter 3 . 8/23/2013
Okay, just. Love. So much love for this chapter. Barney's little nuances are all spot on and the brotherly affection between him and James actually made me aw a little. I love the way you write him with Robin, especially since you clearly put it in his pov and describe the world as he sees it and just. Love.
Dustinw522 chapter 16 . 6/29/2013
One of the most well written and realistic fanfics out there. :D
Suzanne chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Every one of the five friends is characterized very aptly through their behaviour and dialogue. The angst is heart-wrenchening, in a good way, and believable. I honestly had to blink back tears at some point. If you like a good angst story, you are definitely right here.
From some of the reviews I gather that you never really completed the story, but the end actually works very well. Great story!
Shebali chapter 16 . 10/31/2012
Oh, wow. Amazing story, even if I did wonder a few times if it would end well. One of the angstier things I've read lately, but in a good way. And hey, you did keep me up till 4 in the morning, so there's that ;)
Guest chapter 16 . 7/28/2012
this was sooooooooooo amazing and brilliant! Great great story :D
Don'tEvenBlink74 chapter 6 . 6/12/2012
Wow. I would not mind seeing Barney dressed as Han at *all*. Like, I'm swooning just thinking about it. Well done.
Gadoken King chapter 16 . 5/25/2012
Well done. Never really been much for Barney and Robin together, but this was well thought out, and the insights into both of these characters was superb. Excellent story.
Gadoken King chapter 6 . 5/25/2012
Still reading this but just had to stop and tell you how amazing you are doing thus far in this story. Ok, back to reading.
LNE chapter 15 . 5/18/2012
As beautiful a stopping point as this particular chapter is, I truly hope you don't decide to end it here on this semi-cliff hanger of a moment. The recently aired HIMYM season finale reinvigorated my BROtp love and I immediately thought of this story. I think it parallels beautifully with the show in a very ironic way. Most notably, Robin dating a psychiatrist, though it is interesting to note that Alistair is a lot more perceptive than Kevin (though this might be because your Barney was quite a bit more obvious in his feelings). I also really enjoyed reading the abrupt life changes Barney goes through - it's beautiful to watch it subtlety happening on screen, but it really does work magnificently written out as Barney's wakeup call, in your universe, is essentially tough love from Ted and jail time after an AC binge.

Anyway... Best HIMYM story on the web. Please keep going.

]
bHaribo chapter 16 . 2/12/2012
YESSS SCHERBATSKY 1! I love you for writing this :) and that was a beautiful ending
bHaribo chapter 15 . 2/12/2012
This is absolutely mind-blowing. I had to literally force myself away from the computer last night and tell myself to go to sleep. I dunno, I've never seen Barney made out to be a 'bad guy', even though, now I think of it, he really is despicable, but he's so wonderful around the gang that I've never seen it. And I love how you've written him, how you've written everyone.

I genuinely adored Alistair; he was awesome - and I think it would've been great if there'd been a conversation between him and Barney.

This is amazing - it's so wonderfully angsty and lovey and lovely and I can just FEEL everything. You're amazing, even legendary for writing this. Love it.
Laimelde chapter 2 . 2/3/2012
"Isn't anyone going to ask why I'm here tonight?"

"You're always here," Robin stated plainly.

"I'm glad you asked, Robin," Barney said.

This had me bent over with laughter! One of the best exchanges I've ever read and so VERY Barney. Fabulous.