Reviews for Facing Up
Guest chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Im not ashamed to admit you made me cry. Well done.
scousemuz1k chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
I suppose a late review is better than none at all - I found this in a friend's favourites list, and read it at one sitting. Wonderful psychological insight into all three men, and I'm so glad Tony was strong, and you didn't go down the falling apart route in spite of Ducky's dire warning. I really thought that this was the sort of father the show was hinting at, and I really find your version much more credible than what we eventually got.
I have to ask, why M? That's why I'd never come across it before, and I've seen a lot nastier Senior in the T section. I wonder how many other people have missed out on this really good story because of the rating? Just saying!
Ligeila chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
Okay, can I just go ahead and favorite everything? I should. This is so good and how come I haven't read this already?
I love the little visuals that make every action so real. Small and seemingly effortless touches. I know how hard they are to come by sometimes.
Your writing is brilliant! Thank you for putting it out there.
sarah999 chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
I really like this story. The twist you put on Tony and Dominic's relationship. I really hope you update soon.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
So glad Tony was Ok to be around his father.

They still have a long way to go. But they made a small start. And he will always have Gibbs there if he needs him.
Doni chapter 5 . 4/21/2011
Heartwrenching for poor Tony. Very nicely done.
Kermitty chapter 5 . 3/29/2011
That's a cute ending. Throughout the entire story you see Tony do little things that show he is feeling very uncomfortable with the situation. You see that he would really rather hide or crawl away into a corner, but it's all done in a very subtle way. Not as over the top as in other abused!Tony stories. Really good job!

Love,

Kermitty
faneka chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
I'm enjoying this so far and hope you'll be able to continue and finish it. I hope Gibbs realizes that even if Tony and Dominic repair their relationship, Tony will always be his son too.
sgs09 chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
That was really sweet. :) My favorite part was the conversation between Gibbs and Dominic in this hospital room, when Dominic was giving his "good answers". ;) I really liked this story. It was a nice twist on all of the awful father-stories that are out there about Tony's father.

sgs09
Greysh chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
Nice fic!
Laura-trekkie chapter 5 . 5/16/2010
Lovely story.

I liked your characterisation of Dominic, how he acknowledged straight off how terrible he'd been to Tony and how careful he was to let things go at Tony's pace, despite his own impatience. I loved his observations of Tony on the plane.

I loved how supportive Gibbs was, how worried he was about Tony, even going to Ducky for advice on how to help. That support gave Tony the strength he needed to face Dominic on several occasions.

I also liked how the rest of the team rallied round, from the way McGee and Ziva pulled their verbal punches, to Abby's hugs and Ducky's willing ear.

And then there was Tony. I liked his reactions as the scared little boy fought with the trained special agent inside him. It was sad to see him so afraid of his father, because fear isn't an emotion Tony allows anyone to see and yet here he was unable to hide the reaction because he was so off balance. I loved seeing his trust in Gibbs and the way Gibbs being proud bolstered him so much. Tony really was brave to call Dominic on those various occasions, to put himself in a room with him and talk to him. It was good to see him slowly starting to see Dominic as he is now and not as he was before.

Great stuff.
mightymousestapler chapter 5 . 3/11/2010
Congratulations - I enjoyed this story very much and was very appreciative of a story that depicted Tony as strong and in control, rather than some and snivelling character who constantly yearns for Gibbs' comfort. Far more realistic in my view! MMS
Space1Traveler chapter 5 . 3/3/2010
Oh, I liked this very much! Thanks.
aredhela82 chapter 5 . 2/12/2010
Whole this story was so beautiful! Thank you :)
PurpleCarpetsAgainstViolence chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
oh, there are so many things about this story that I simply adore. I could give you a comprehensive list of all the little moments that made me smile/almost cry/had me at the edge of my seat, but that list might very well go beyond the scope of a review.

I especially loved Abby's inability to not react to "Tony"'s smile. I can understand her reaction 100%. I read that line, thought of Tony smiling and here I am, grinning like a little fangirl at the thought.

Anyway, most of this will be AU after Tuesday night, judging from the promos (they make me SO nervous...they can't keep telling us that Tony's father was this horrible person for 6 seasons and then show him as...not horrible), but I just wanted to tell you, how much I enjoyed your story. Keep up the good work.