Reviews for Facing Up
Jinx57 chapter 5 . 7/5
Had not found this story before now. Truly wonderful. So wish the writers of the show had taken this approach instead of making Tony's relationship with his father a big joke.
serena23 chapter 5 . 2/10
Please update your story again soon!
AlaskanFan chapter 5 . 1/29
WOW! - great demonstration of true repentance and the struggling efforts of a recovering addict. Fabulous!
Frakking Toasters chapter 5 . 8/30/2015
This is wonderful. A very mature approach to a very difficult subject. It's so easy to be cliché about "abusive Senior." It's much harder to present him - and Tony - as convincing examples of a reformed alcoholic abuser seeking to make amends and the grown up version of the child abuse victim. Authentic characterisation is hard, but you really nailed it. Hating Senior is simple. It takes skill to even feel the beginnings of compassion or empathy for him, not to mention how you managed to portray Tony so perfectly. I felt such intense sympathy for him, but he never once came across as if he was weak or broken beyond repair. I love a competent Tony - a real Tony. My heart ached for him, but that quiet strength that he hides from everyone shone through like a beacon in spite of himself. Awesome. xo
magis1 chapter 5 . 6/4/2015
Well, that's for sure an unusual way of looking at Tony's father. I like it. It's got a grown-up feel to it.
Thanks for sharing,
magis
magis1 chapter 3 . 6/4/2015
Abby's hugs ARE medicinal. Of course, Ducky is right. They are part of good therapy. Affection from a dear friend helps in amazing ways.
*big grin*
magis
Guest chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Im not ashamed to admit you made me cry. Well done.
scousemuz1k chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
I suppose a late review is better than none at all - I found this in a friend's favourites list, and read it at one sitting. Wonderful psychological insight into all three men, and I'm so glad Tony was strong, and you didn't go down the falling apart route in spite of Ducky's dire warning. I really thought that this was the sort of father the show was hinting at, and I really find your version much more credible than what we eventually got.
I have to ask, why M? That's why I'd never come across it before, and I've seen a lot nastier Senior in the T section. I wonder how many other people have missed out on this really good story because of the rating? Just saying!
Ligeila chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
Okay, can I just go ahead and favorite everything? I should. This is so good and how come I haven't read this already?
I love the little visuals that make every action so real. Small and seemingly effortless touches. I know how hard they are to come by sometimes.
Your writing is brilliant! Thank you for putting it out there.
sarah999 chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
I really like this story. The twist you put on Tony and Dominic's relationship. I really hope you update soon.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
So glad Tony was Ok to be around his father.

They still have a long way to go. But they made a small start. And he will always have Gibbs there if he needs him.
Doni chapter 5 . 4/21/2011
Heartwrenching for poor Tony. Very nicely done.
Kermitty chapter 5 . 3/29/2011
That's a cute ending. Throughout the entire story you see Tony do little things that show he is feeling very uncomfortable with the situation. You see that he would really rather hide or crawl away into a corner, but it's all done in a very subtle way. Not as over the top as in other abused!Tony stories. Really good job!

Love,

Kermitty
faneka chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
I'm enjoying this so far and hope you'll be able to continue and finish it. I hope Gibbs realizes that even if Tony and Dominic repair their relationship, Tony will always be his son too.
sgs09 chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
That was really sweet. :) My favorite part was the conversation between Gibbs and Dominic in this hospital room, when Dominic was giving his "good answers". ;) I really liked this story. It was a nice twist on all of the awful father-stories that are out there about Tony's father.

sgs09