Reviews for A Tale of the People
valiantsquirrel chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
This is a sweet tale. The choice of language is enjoyable, and the main pair seem well enough in-character. I finished reading chapter one last night, and was reminded just how well-written these chapters are.
pf-joseph chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
The English that the story is told in and the storyteller of old's third-person view provide a great twist to the story. I like this piece very much for the way the language was manipulated to produce an interesting depiction of a tale.

Only wish that what 'Keynoe' and 'Emerizu' (it took me a while to get who they were! XD)'s exploits were more well chronicled. Their smaller run-in's with the people were an interesting view of how the storyteller attempts to develop an epic, even divine depiction of Kino.

All in all, a very well done piece.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
This was really interesting and a complete change from the last one. I got the gist of it even with the stylization, which is a good sign.
ScarletFox chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Very very nice. Wish the Kino section got more love like this. Though it is difficult to write for in the normal manner, as much of the Beautiful World must be seen, I think you have put a nice perspective on her and her continuing journey.
GDeacur chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Nice story. I randomly pass by the Kino's Journey section, and look what I find! A great fanfic!

I liked the "olde english" twist you put on the writing. It's sets the story apart, but isn't so overdone that it seems artificial. You also managed to have Kino make some unusual decisions while keeping her character intact. The story doesn't drag on any longer than it must - the writing is decisive and brief like the show itself.

My only quibble is that there was no twist, no moment of "oh wait..."... if you know what I mean. I don't know, its a subjective criticism.

Anyways, write some more if you feel inclined. You'll have a reader here.
Kryssa's flute chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I find it distinctly unfair that you've yet to receive any reviews for such a fascinating little story. The poetic turn you've written, singing lightly through this tale, solidifies the feeling of both distance and closeness. We are both the people in the past, and the people of the future. The repetition of certain phrases, too, helped to bind me further into the tale.

The choice to speak of Kino and Hermes from someone who only knows them as we know mythical heroes is very poignant. I found myself wondering how many other stories and myths have been born from her Wanderings, as you accurately call them. Then I remember the fact that Kino's Journey itself is, in fact, a different way of telling those tales.

I enjoyed the overall concept of her finding a place to rest for a certain number of years, though I can see some people finding it difficult to believe. Kino's personality is so firmly engrained in the need to travel that seeing her do otherwise is difficult to imagine. However, you never mention how old she is, nor how many years she traveled. It's likely that, at some point, she does choose to make a home somewhere, even if it's only for a short time. And the fact that she eventually leaves that home really makes her sacrifice all the more meaningful.

Anyway, thank you for this sweet little story. It's been a fun ride.