Reviews for His Father's Son
xBBx chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
Fantastic character analyses. Love it!

XxBBxX
Allibella731 chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
Man, you are a FABULOUS writer! I wish you would do more on this story. Please consider my request in my previous reviews!
Sarah Crawford chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
Excellent work. You have captured so much emotion in this little piece, especially the second chapter. I really feel that these two chapters should either be better tied together, or separate stories though.
NevemTeve chapter 2 . 10/18/2009
And all this was James Potter's fault: the gesture of saving Snape's life from the werewolf cost him and Lily their lives...
broodyprettygirl chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
This was an interesting read, however there are some things I don't entirely agree on. While I know Snape disliked James and therefor took it out on Harry, I don't think Snape BLAMED what happened on Harry. He blamed himself. It was Snape that sold out Lily and that got her killed, so I would think he would feel more guilty about getting the woman he loved killed rather than blaming Harry for it. That's why I don't entirely agree upon everything you've written.

Also, the way he thought of Neville really irked me. Neville IS parentless, and maybe even in a worse way than Harry. His parents are still alive, but they are crazy. I am sure Snape knows of Neville's parents status. And I do not believe that him knowing that would ever wish the poor boy be parentless just because the Dark Lord should have marked him instead. Snape is naturally a loathing person, but he is more self loathing. I can understand the contempt he may feel from Neville's foolishness, but not because of something he himself caused.

"Not the son of that Potter."-I didn't get this line...that Potter as in ONE of the Potters or as in not the son of POTTER?

I don't think I can believe that Snape would STILL blame James for himself calling Lily that name.

"As he regarded the clapping students he felt as if he had ever hated that house more; it had cost her her life."-no, SNAPE had, and he KNOWS that.

I think Snape would be more self blaming than anything. He is arrogant and spiteful, but not to the extent of which you have here. You're writing is good, most of it flows well, and the best line is the last.

There are also some grammar errors that mess with the flow of you're writing.

Again, you go into some more of Snape now even blaming James, which is still not how I believed the story to be. Snape disliked James greatly, but again his guilt fornot saving Lily and for calling her that name would make him self hating. It's why he took on the double identity. I would think Snape would be more dignified by that time in his life and so many years later to STILLblame James for him calling her that.
Melora chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
For further writing, you may be interested in this site:

w w w . geocities sapienti_university_of_magic (without the spaces)

It's a role playing site based on the Harry Potter world.

Either way, good luck with your writing and I look forward to reading more.

Melora Brockert, SUM student
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Very good, quite excellent in fact :)
tasha27 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
oh my god. seriously? this was amazing. i especially love the last line!
Blouta chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
That was incredibly to the point and very, very much like Snape.

For all his hate, he never opened his eyes to the son that was more like the woman he loved than the man he hated.

I wish he would've realized that before he died.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Great story! I love it!
harrypotternerdgirl chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Wow, I really loved that. It fit perfectly!
SiriusBlackShouldntHaveDied chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
this was absolutely wonderfully beautiful.

i've been looking for a fic on Snape's thoughts during that "first encounter" i guess you could call it.

this was extraordinarily well-written and i was able to actually get in the mind of Snape and see and feel what he was going through.

i think you did an amazing job.

keep writing
drtrujegusiloe chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Very good story.

You really catch Snape's thoughts in a good way :)
sprite.isn't.lemonade chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
I loved it. Very smooth writing, and you conveyed Snape's thoughts and feelings about Harry extraordinarily well. The ending was probably my favorite, since everything tied in so well, and it's so true that he never really appreciated those eyes until DH...very nice story overall :)
Rowena Stark chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
wow, amazingly good. So, that's why Snape hates Harry... even though we already knew that. Good job )