Reviews for Stay
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Wow, I hadn't realized how much I missed the "simpler" times of season one until I got caught up in your terrific story. Don't get me wrong, I love season four and all its drama and twists but I'm also realizing I miss the they were (more "innocent"...if that makes any sense. LOL)

I'm glad you'll be sticking around in season one for a bit. Gives me shelter in the storm that Kripke has unleashed upon us. Thanks!
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
That was phenomenal - absolutely wonderful hurt from start to finish Love the OCs, love the first season (sighs) (although I do love S4 just for different reasons) but I always love your stories and this was such a treat.

Lilly B chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Great story! I absolutely loved reading it. There were parts of it that really tugged on my when sam tried to follow dean out of the elevator even though his arm was mangled. I can't wait to read more of your zine stories (if you are going to post more). Thanks for posting them on for those of us that don't get the zines!
Lilwazzabug chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Another great fic:) Damn that Allan:( Ungrateful jerk! Glad Dean clocked him one though.

Haha, loved Sam's cryptic message. Not to speak badly of a dead guy, but John could have used that type of kick in tush a few times in S1.

Thanks for sharing, it was lovely.-strolls away singing-"You say...I only hear what I want to..."(Sorry, couldn't resist;)
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
This was excellent. I loved the "nimble little minx" comment from Ghostbusters. That gave me a good giggle and it's totally something Dean would say. You had Dean and his sarcastic/protective personality down perfect! There were so many little snarky comments in there from both Sam and Dean that I just loved - like the "need to know a little more" category and being "out of Proton Packs". I really liked Jen's character as well. A soccer mom coaching the coaches. I happen to know a lady like that! Anyhoo, excellent oneshot. It was so very nice to go back to Season 1 for even just a little while.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I get such delight when I see a new story by you!

This was a fun one - like you said, back in the old days. Dean's not tired to his soul and the brothers are still sharing (mostly!)

thank you so much!
DeanWinchesterFan1985 chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Really enjoyed this story. I have to tell you I really enjoyed the part where Dean beat the crap out of Allan after Allan shot him. The guys seriously had it coming, and when Sam saw that Dean had been shot...well I just hope that Allan is smart and steers clear of the Winchester brothers. I know I wouldn't want to piss one of them off, let alone both of them. I really liked how you write Dean, he's a lot smarter than he gives himself credit when he made the EMF meter from a walkman. Watching his dad make a homemade napalm once and remembering it years later when he had to burn something huge like an elevator. I loved how Sam was really stubborn about going back into the building to go after Dean too...shows just how far the brothers are willing to go for each other. As always amazing work, and I look forward to the next story.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Sorry for the late review/thanks, but I always like to make sure I have time to really enjoy your stories, plus I love the long chapters.

Anytime you want to hang out in season one and share a story with us, please do. It is so nice to visit a time that reminds us why we fell in love with the show, with the brothers.

Wonderful job with the brothers as always and the best part, I was smiling while I read this story, no tears this time.

Loved the beginning as we have a worried big brother and an injuried Sam. I couldn't believe they were stuck in an elevator, may Sara Gamble has been reading your stories, at least Sam didn't lose his legs or head when Dean pulled him from it. Nice tense scene there.

Always love how you have the brothers communicate, even if it is silently or in the dark, Dean and Sam know what the other is thinking or if something is wrong.

'knowing instinctively that despite the pitch-darkness Dean felt it as he felt every response, every refusal, every rebellion, every reaction that Sam had ever made throughout his lifetime. Dean simply listened to him on a different level than the world, than John, than even Jess had.'

Of course big brother has to get banged up some too and still keep going, finish the job, save the people and most important, save Sam. I like how Dean remembered John making an explosive from ten years before.

You did a wonderful job having this story follow "Shadow" as the brothers dealt with John leaving them again. Dean's line about John, "He's gotta believe that we're stonger as a family. Or he'll...break us." Perfect.

Nice job with your supporting characters. Allan definitely deserved his broken nose.

I could just see Dean's face when he had to ask Jen to get Sam to safety, he would have wanted to stay by Sam's side, but needed to finish the job.

'The large black Chevy sat where Dean had left it last night, its gleaming metal body dewy in the morning light, waiting for them to return from battle.' Just liked the visual image this line created.

What a tense battle between Dean and the spirit. More wonderful brother moments to end the story, starting with Sam rescuing Dean from the fire, to the brothers refusing to ride in separate ambulances and than Dean's thanks to Sam for staying.

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us.

Until next time, take care.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Fabulous season 1 story! I long for those days when the boys were so in-synch in their hunting, trusting each other, depending on one another for survival and just plain taking care of each other. As much as I love the current myth-arc and character development, I really miss those early episodes. :(

You are a wonderful storyteller! Love the opening as we’re immediately thrown into the action with the boys already in trouble – no weapons and Sam is badly hurt. Love the banter – another thing I’m missing recently. But of course, as the title indicates, the emotional heart of this story is the boys’ dealing with their reactions to their reunion with their father and his subsequent leaving. And I do love how you have Sam insisting on staying to help Dean after Sam has been led to safety, even getting the EMT to help Dean as well.

I do love how you whump these boys and those marvelous words from Dean “Gimme a ...gimme a minute” when anyone else would be down and out. You built great tension in the elevator in all of the scenes. I especially loved the ones when the elevator was plunging down and then ramping up, all the while throwing the boys around inside (and outside), their fear of imminent death building. Like I said, great storyteller.

“Shadow” is one of my favorite season 1 episodes because of its theme of “staying” when Sam stated that as soon as they killed the demon, he wanted to go back to school and normal. Dean’s reaction to that broke my heart – all he’s ever wanted is his family around him. You’ve done a wonderful job of taking that theme and continuing it in this story.

Thanks for sharing this with us. A bit of nostalgia is exactly what the doctor ordered. :) Until next time…
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Hey, season one!

I liked the beginning "in medias res", and the fic was full of simple pleasures. Hurt!boys! Old-school haunting! Evil elevator (that so reminded me this week episode )! Clueless civilians (wow, that Allan was a jerk)! Dean blowing shit up!

The "Otis" thing filled me with glee because it made me think about a movie that's pretty popular here in France. When the boys were talking about their dad's message "O-T-I-S", I immediately thought :"Otis! That's the dude who invented the elevator!"

Thank you for the fic!
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 3/28/2009

This has been ONE of my many favourites of yours for a long time since I first read it. I read it occasionally even now and I'm so glad to see this up here with the rest of your work finally. It must feel good when your zines become available to post :)

You KNOW I LOVED this one :) *hugs*

Word, Rodge
annie200 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
This was great. It was just wonderful to read a good story-line chock full of the old Sam and Dean dynamic. Dean as's how it should be!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
You write one heck of an awesome story...any length. You know that right? If not I'm telling you. Girl, you've got fans. This has got to be one of the most incredible one shots I've ever read. The imagery rocks. The ending is perfect, typical of everything being as right in the Winchester world as it possibly can be with them both beat to hell and still fighting.

“Listen,” Dean said, his tone dangerously controlled. “I may not put on a tie when I go to the office, but right now I’m the only thing standing between you and a shit-ass nasty way to die, so why don’t you cut me some freakin’ slack?” LOL, This I loved. Dean's ire is so perfect here. I can just see the green eyed glare!

Love too his determination to save Sam and his guarded willingness to trust someone he barely knows with his little brothers life. It was one of those moments where I could see him thinking "anything happens to my baby brother and I will hunt you down, salt and burn and summon your ass to do it all over again." I loved this story!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Bravo, Bravo! What a gripping story that was, I was glued to the computer screen from start to finish! The premise was simple but inspired as you crammed it full of spine tingling action sequences, gruesome angry spirits, angst, brotherly banter and even some hurt boys! I ask you what more could a SN fan ask for?

Your right, it is nice to read some good old fashioned series 1, where everything seemed so simple and not so heavy. So feel free to roam here as long as you wish, I’ll be right behind you.

I’m a huge fan of both boys and for entirely different reasons but I really enjoyed reading a little bit of hurt Sam here, I do so love a protective mother bear Dean *sigh*

I’m looking forward to reading your next post and of course Desolation Angels! I'll have to come back and read your tags because we're far behind you here in the UK. Take care and happy writing, Madebyme.x
parisindy chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Dude that was absolutley brilliant! like a breth of fresh air!

i could read stories like that all day long... i would love it if you wrote more!
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »