Reviews for Dream
Ricorum Scaevola chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Well, I've reached Espy 26, so I came over to read this.

Honestly, because I've never played Final Fantasy, I've never understood Cloud/Aeris fans. Kingdom Hearts always made me think of Cloud/Tifa, or Cloud by himself. However, I'm not judging your fiction based on your pairing, so I can say that this was great, and very well written. Someday I'll play Final Fantasy and figure out what's going on.
sunflowerb chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Long story short: it's been an insane year so far and I've had lots to worry about and things like this sort of fell by the wayside, so please don't hate me for taking so long to give you your contest reviews. D: And I'm still trying to work out that CidxLarxene you requested, but I've finally found my direction.

NOW, never having played FF7, my knowledge of its characters are very limited, but I still very much like this. " Clearly, he had fallen a long way. But where did the fall start? Did somebody push him?" That is such a brilliant line.

I like the contrast between the harsh, hot world of Olympus Colliseum and the softer, sweeter, gentler world of his memories of Aerith. I like that his memories of her start with colors, (maybe because I'm a synesthete, maybe because it's just brilliant :D ) because it's like he's remembering her essence, then the details. So when he first begins to remember her, she is what she is as the most basic level-his light. (I just reread that sentance, and I'm not sure I made any sense at all, but I don't know how else to say it.) I like that Aerith's line about turning on a light, as well as that moment when Sora mentions he's searching to, and Clooud realizes even the light is searching.

This is a bit random, but that line about turning on a light reminds me of this book my class read when I was in 4th grade. I can’t remember the title (it’s been 10 years, after all), but it was set in this mountain village, I think (quite possibly in Europe), and sometime in the late 1800’s or very early 1900’s, I guess. It wasn’t modern times, but it wasn’t THAT long ago, either. Anyway, it was about this girl and her little brother had been in an accident that left one leg crippled and shorter than the other, and she hated this other boy who had caused the accident, I think. Anyway, she was trying to find Jesus, and there was this whole metaphor throughout about her being in a room and trying to chase all the darkness out before she could let the light in, and her dad or grandfather or someone was trying to teach her that she had to let to let the light (Jesus) in first, and that would chase the darkness out. It must have been a fairly central theme throughout the whole book if I still remember it, but I’ve wanted to take that idea and apply it to something in KH for a while now since the themes of light and dark are so important in KH.

Sorry for the long review, or maybe not? Does that kind of make up for the delay? I hope so. I’m very sorry.
The Great Naxa chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Awe...that was totally cute :3 Gotta love angsty Cloud 3 and he saw flashes of green and pink..and awe 3 I love how you put the AC scene in there, kinda :3 I love CloudxAerith and this was utterly sweet 3
zara2148 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
"Darkness… it wasn’t the only side that searched? Light, it searched too."

Loved that line, and I loved the way you wrote Cloud.
Beth Cyra chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
It was cool how you tried to work in some elements of CoM into the KH 1 storyline, and I liked Cloud's encounter with Aerith before talking to Sora.
Loserfish chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Oh, that one was really good. You were right when you said you upped your quality for this one. I loved how you combined actual canon KH events into the story. It makes it seem more real and less like a fanfiction.

I loved your descriptions; they were incredibly vivid.
crimson-obsidian-rose chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Wow, this is brilliant. I love the way you characterized Cloud, and the struggle between darkness and light inside him. Those little scenes with Aerith reminded me of Advent Children; is that what they were based on?

Excellent work.