Reviews for A Blossom Burning Brightly
hoshiimono chapter 10 . 1/14/2012
I LOVED this story! It was amazing and beautiful (for lack of a better description). I created this account just so I could comment on this .

I absolutely loved how you had Koren as a main character and explained his motive for joining with the Dragon Emperor, etc. It was really wonderful. The only criticisms I have are that Korean and Angela fell in love a bit too quickly...and that they never had a kiss D': (the time where Koren left her in the snow near Elrand doesn't count) But I'm used to the sadness of an ending story...

I'm amazed how you haven't gotten many reviews on this! It's really full of emotion and bittersweet-ness...

I'll definitely be checking out your other fanfics!
Nerolii chapter 10 . 7/8/2011
This is an excellent fic that leaves me wondering why you haven't had more reviews on it...! And it's also completed, which is a great thing. A large amount of the very good stories in "old" or "not-as-popular-as-Naruto-or-Kingdom-Hearts" fandoms are left unfinished after a while (or aren't very-well written, it seems).

I am happy to see a story revolving around something else than the main quest of the game - not that I dislike these either, but the interaction with Koren/Guren as a main character was really nice. The fact that you alterned the storytelling from both his and Angela point of view was definitely a nice touch. Also, I think you really balanced out well the sad/happy/angry parts - which makes for a perfectly enjoyable reading, without too much angst, cheesiness, or gore.

Your style of writing is also very nice; the way your characters speak and the words chosen to describe them were appropriate and exact. And what about the characterization itself? I was disappointed at the way you projected Angela at the very beginning of the story, but it served you right: Her evolution throughout the chapters/years was most interesting and convincing, and supported the "why" as to the Angela we know (or figure) in the games. Every other character was just perfect, too. And I *loved* the explanation for Koren's actions and conflicting feelings.

SO - after this wall of text... I think I made it clear I really enjoyed reading your story! Going to my faves, of course :3
Mission Complete chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Even though I really did not like Angela at all in the game, you make her bearable and understandable seeing things through her eyes. The story is extremely clever fitting everything in together, too, without making it unbelievable. It's one of your best stories.
Usa Wusa chapter 10 . 6/1/2009
I loved it! :D *biggest fan!* I'm really glad that you made it a happy ending. Depressing endings are ... depressing. T.T
Ominae chapter 10 . 5/31/2009
Here's a review as a means of saying thanks:

Ending looks sweet and all. Not bad. Epilogue was... funny in certain ways.

Oh yeah, a new review's coming for me since the corrections are long gone? XP
Ominae chapter 8 . 5/21/2009
Ending was...

I don't know what to say.
Ominae chapter 7 . 4/7/2009
Have read it. Nice SOM/LOM story, considering that I had little experience with the game.
Meeerf chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I checked this out, and I really like your prose and your unique story concept. I'm really into authors following through, so I'm waiting to see if you keep going on this.