Reviews for One Step Too Far
of wonderlands and alices chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
D great piece! it was so sweet, and I think my favorite part had to be the last paragraph, the little foreshadowing of their relationship. Oh it was so cute how Jericho called her beautiful, aww, and I really liked how you described her breakdown.. her crying scene, the way you wrote it really tugged at my heartstrings. It wasn't cliched as some tend to be.. but I really felt what she was feeling and it hurt :(

once again, I loved it!
CreddieShipper chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Man I wish you write more like this one ;)

This was hott!

I wouldn't mind being the food or Stephanie lol :DD
HBKloverHBK chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
I love your story so much. You are a very good writer. Chris and Stephanie are so cute together
Daniella Consuela chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Aww! This reminds me of a story I wanted to write years ago dealing with a food fight and ending up with sex. I think it was a Charlie Haas/Jackie Gayda story or something. It was an erotic series and I was supposed to write a story for Jericho and Steph (Among others)...Hmm. This just makes me want to write that again...but it's been years. I loved this. The last paragraph was a little nice look into the future. This was just awesome...wonderful really. :)
missbean1997 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
quite descriptive but really awesome anyways i love your stories
gabarella-chan chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I love this little update like, everyday spree you've got going on. I mean, all us Smoochy Dreamers are getting our birthday presents early, huh? Anyways, I so loved this. Their little food fight and verbal antics reminded me of their younger days when they had that whole love/hate relationship going on. It's a nice thing that it was revived ) And that ending was... wonderful. Very, VERY hot, and I loved it. I swear, you're definitely keeping the Smoochy World alive. Keep it up! )

xo,

Gabbi.
Katie chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
This was a really great story from beginning to end. I really liked how you had so many different styles, like it was funny, but sad, then hot, but sweet, it was like everything mishmashed together, hey, like they were with all that food, hehehe! I really did like it and it was a great one-shot!
Kay chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Wow, make sure that you talk to Jodi more often!

I like how the story started and the food fight was very well written. Nice attention to detail which is never a problem with your writing style EVER! The fact that Chris picked up on the tears and changed the whole storyline completely.

I thought it was great from start to finish but that's not unusual for me. I give you my honest opinion all the time but sometimes, I think you are begging for somebody to find something wrong so that you can make sure stories better. Don't ever worry about that because they are perfect just the way they are!
Glamagirl chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
WOW!

That was fantastic. I laughted at first, their little exchange of words was funny and the food fight was priceless. Then it was kind of sad how Paul made her feel so bad about herself, but then it was just pure hotness!

Loved it!
StephanieIrvine chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Okay, so I adored this. You know this, I told you this, but let me tell you again. I loved every single word in this story. Every sentence flowed and every paragraph built into something spectacular. This, as I told you, is my favorite one shot from you, it is amazing Nina. If I wasn't already such a fan of yours (which would be hard since well, you write like amazing stuff) this story would be the turning point for me, it'd make me read every single one of your stories, because if your writing was as good as it was in this story (which it is) then I'd have stuck gold (which I have).

I seriously, 100 percent, love this story and not just because I gave you the prompt. I only gave you two words, in return you gave over five and a half thousand back and each one just made me love it all the more. I mean honestly, who can take a simple prompt like food fight and turn it into sure an awesome story? Who can add hilarious parts to a story, and then make it almost sad, then flip it 180 and make it damn right hot, follow through with a full 360 and make it so damn happy that I couldn't stop grinning? You, that's who. Have I told you lately how fucking amazing I think you and your writing is? No? Well you are and it is and I love that you're updating when you want, because with stuff like this, us readers can only reap the rewards.

Okay, so what did I love about this story? The food fight? Yes. the Chris and Stephanie verbal judo? Totally. The sex? Of course. Everything? Pretty much.

So yeah, I loved how all Stephanie was doing was working, she wasn't bothering anyone, no one at all - she was just working on a script update and then there was Chris - he just couldn't leave her alone. He can never leave her alone, I think it's implanted into him that when ever he sees Stephanie he must taunt her, he must rile her up, simply because it make him laugh and he enjoys it. Yeah, he reverts back to a kid in the play ground that picks on the girl he likes - only he doesn't quiet realize that and goes 'One Step Too Far', but to his credit at least he knows it.

And that's when the fun begins.

I know what I laughed at most, and that's towards the end of the chapter - seriously I wheezed I laughed so hard. But the food fight was priceless - even if there was not Ted or Cody in sight - cake? Ice cream? Iced tea? Spaghetti? Yes, that is one fucked up sundae. I think what I loved most about this part is, that they contained it within themselves, like people were watching them, and they didn't even care they just had to like one up each other.

And then when she'd storming away, he notices her almost tears and he feels bad. Like he's not a cold hearted asshole, he knows he stepped over the line when he mentioned Paul, and he feels bad about it and in turn follows her to apologize. I'm glad he followed her, because I like were it lead, but mostly I'm glad he followed her to say that he was sorry, because he'd rather see her happy than see her hurt due to him. Yanno?

I love the fight at the door, I love how it shows you that Stephanie can put up a fight, she's story - it's a good symbolization. But there's only so long she can be strong, so she lets go and the door opens - she opens up to Chris, she cries, she shows a weakness and he doesn't exploit it. I loved it. but what I hate is Paul, but I'm guessing you knew that already. how dare he say that too Stephanie? She is so much better than him it is unbelievable, and Chris thinks that too, he shows her that. He tells her she's beautiful, and she is and that leads to a hug which leads to a kiss, which leads to:

She believed that until he did. He caught her lips in a kiss, gentle, probing. He pulled away too soon for her liking and her eyes remained closed for a few moments. She could feel her name on his lips though he didn’t say the words. Somehow she could just feel them, like they were something tangible. The s and t danced across her lips while the e, the p, and finally the h brushed across her cheeks. She didn’t dare open her eyes and she could tell his were open, staring, asking. She moved back so her lips were on his and kissed him this time and his question was answered, dying on his lips, no, no, reborn on his lips, tasting and her mouth was parting for him.

I pretty much love everything you wrote in that paragraph right there, it is so simple in its perfection. I love the spelling out of her name, how could you not love a line that's so beautifully written? But what I loved most was the dying and reborn part - I liked the imagery it gave, it's two thing at the end of one spectrum and you used it to perfection. You, just win at life.

Then we have the, how did you phrase it, the dirtiness - lol, classy P - and it was awesome. I don't know why but I never expected it to go that way, but it fitted. And like it wasn't crass or anything, he was just showing her how beautiful he thought she was. And yeah, you are pretty great at writing those scenes. Like it wasn't graphic, but you still could tell what was going on and how they felt, it was really well written.

Then we get to my fave line in this and that has to be:

"...he just hoped this desk could support their combined weight because the last thing he needed, in addition to cake on his face and ice cream on his arm, were splinters in his ass."

I almost wet myself at this line, I laughed so much. It was hilarious.

And then we get to the end and he asks if they were dating and the whole last conversation was just funny as hell and god I loved it!

thank you so, so, so much for writing this - seriously, I adored it! I just fucking love this story!

And yeah, here ends the review.

Thanks for writing it,

Jodi
TakerTakeMe chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
I'm going to have to agree with Chris, that *was* wow! And to think, it all started with her just sitting alone trying to get some work done and him not being able to stop himself from coming over and teasing her. Their food fight was funny, that is, until Chris went too far and said what he said about Paul. I'm glad he chased after her and cleared things up with her, and got the truth out of her about what Paul said. Who the hell does Paul think he is, telling her that he's the best she would ever get? Chris was right, Paul is one ugly mofo (although there was a time when I found him attractive, but that's so not the point lol).

Two parts that really made me giggle here:

Chris covered the span between them in two steps and he hugged her, creating the world's most disgusting ice cream/pie/cake/spaghetti/mashed potato sundae.

And:

He climbed on the desk with her and over her and he just hoped this desk could support their combined weight because the last thing he needed, in addition to cake on his face and ice cream on his arm, were splinters in his ass.

Gold. I really, really liked this from beginning to end and I'm glad you posted it! I swear, you and Jodi are updating almost faster than I can review, and I'm in Smoochy Heaven )

~J