Reviews for Absolute Pleasure
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
rofl Nice oneshot! XD
Ajac chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Ha! Bravo, my friend, bravo! I confess to fearing for the lives of the actors and company right to the end. And Palpatine so casually reveals his role in the Seperatists to the playwright, like he really doesn't care anymore. Magnificent Bastard, he is, and Magnificent Writer you are!
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
This review is long overdue. You have read and reviewed one of my stories, so I figured that I would return the favor.

Hm...I really like this concept - getting into Palpatine's head and getting a glimpse of some of his thoughts. You have done an excellent job with this! :)
Ieyre chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Oh, Palpatine. This made me laugh, our dear Emperor, what a manipulative sonova-

I loved the sentence about Vader being basically a wind-up toy for Palpatine's amusement, because its sad but true.
LL chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
OMG! This is PRICELESS!

I was going to quit reading fan fic, but I'm glad I came back for this one. The first two paragraphs are already brilliant, never mind what comes next.

You really do show a maturity beyond your years to be able to write such an old, crafty, world-weary villain this way. The only part I wonder about is the insistence (shared by Stover) that Palpy didn't care much about losing his looks...but who's quibbling?

Aside from a couple of spelling hiccups, this has to be one of the all-time great Palpy stories. You HAVE to keep writing this character. Only you can do his devious mind justice.
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
That was wonderful! So like Palpatine. My pleasure indeed!
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Oh, Ansketil-well done; well done! What a magnificent little piece. I think it might very well be the best SW writing you've ever done. Between this and Child of Sah'ot, your writing style has matured enormously this year, and I am thrilled to have witnessed it.

You got right into Palpatine's character with this piece- and more than that, you utterly convincingly portrayed the mind of an aged, male, tyrant. The longing for the machinations, the effort, the...reality of his younger years describes a quite believable and utterly self-aware nostalgia, around which concept you so skillfully based this piece.

Palpatine's amusement with the comic satire was delightful-I truly believe that he would take an egotistical pleasure from something that so highlighted his Machiavellian abilities-and perhaps even more so for the fact that the comedy was meant in a critical spirit.

The unspoken ultimatum that the Emperor offers the playwright was a stroke of genius on your part...very subtle, very malicious-betray your principles and live, hold to them and watch all of your actors die. Splendid! And, I think, a nostalgic nod to the days when he was still required to be subtle.

Not sure I entirely like the title. Unless it is meant in a highly ironic spirit, it doesn't accurately reflect Palpatine's erudite boredom.

And finally, because I must, I will add that I was quite captivated by the fingerprint description of Anakin-that unique disaster of need and desperation. I enjoyed the...absent affection with which the Emperor thought of his Lord Vader. It seems quite fitting, and almost made me regret all of the torrential emotional drama I'm about to inflict on Palpatine in my own story. But then, unlike you, I never could resist Romantic excess.
Konig15 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
My goodness gracious, I get to be the first to review this. This is wonderfully dark and introspective. Oh it was such a delight to read. I wish you would do more pieces of this quality, it would be awesome. Good work!