Reviews for The Fairy Tale Cage
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Hello again, Leradny~ You also posted this in the Lil' Circle, so I thought I'd review The only error I could catch is that I think, by "callous" are you refering to a skin callus, the kind that forms on the hands of soldiers or swordsmen?

Other than that, very nice work. It seems Karla has quite a compassionate side I very much enjoyed reading this fic, good job! :D
Measured chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Hey, no need to go down on the plotless fics. Every fandom needs character studies, you know? I can even think of modern day authors who rely more on character-driven narratives than plot - Murakami and McEwan come to mind.

That being said, I liked this. There was a disconnected aspect, with Karla being unaware of the reputation she'd earned, and secretly being the type of girl who wanted to save birds and heal. Also the wispy, untouchable and more gentle aspects of Karel were fascinating here. I've just been playing Fuuin lately and he's very much like that in there - so it's a fascinating contrast.
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Hi, leradny! :D

I meant to get around to reviewing this earlier, since you put it up in the Circle, but I got sidetracked. Anyway, I liked this! The whole story has a very mellow tone, and all the scenes blend together nicely. I particularly liked how Karla wished she could heal, and how the way the bluebird acts and is described ("vicious, indignance") somehow makes me think of Karel and his torment, and Karla's relationship with him.

Also, who is the "red-haired archer" at the end of the story? The only person I can think of is Wil, but he has brown hair (I think?)

Good work!
Levity chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
I... I don't know what it is that pulled me in to read this. I believe I saw it in the circle of reviewness thing a few days ago, and my mind has been so spotty and dizzy and my spirits wanting to read things...

This is so beautiful, though. I think you're one of those chosen few who have a knack to tie something with no plot together so wonderfully, and I just don't know how to describe it. I caught a few grammatical mistakes here and there, and maybe a few run-ons, especially in the beginning. The way this is put together makes them feel almost like they were intended, though... and man, I love things like that. I have an absolute infatuation with them, and when time is on your side, you should write more, because I will be watching for more.