Reviews for Home Alone
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
Good story!
bhoney chapter 5 . 4/3/2009
Whew, you DID manage to get everything tied up. Nice job. I did wish we'd gotten to see a little more of the boys together post-hunt, but I loved that Sam progressed so much with his shooting and was able to show his big brother what he'd accomplished. Very sweet.

This was a nice story. Suspenseful, funny banter, good brotherly moments, interesting case, well-written. I hope you'll do more SPN fic for us soon. I'm putting you on alert. :)
bhoney chapter 4 . 4/2/2009
Oh, so true: "Like if you became a vengeful spirit, a hunter would probably have to burn that car to get rid of you.” LOL

This cracked me up: “It’s not like we can search the house, Sam. I mean, it goes after guys, so you’re safe, but what about me?”

More great banter in this chapter. Loved Dean's enthusiasm over getting to use the blowtorch. LOL But crap! The security guard AND cops following them AND Sam alone in the woods at night? I felt bad for him that he's finally starting to get better but Dean's not there to see it. I'm kinda surprised that Dean's not working with him on his shooting more, since it was an order from their dad, but I guess he got distracted by the hunt.
bhoney chapter 3 . 4/2/2009
Oh crap. I KNEW it wouldn't be that easy! And now they have to deal with cops too? NOT good!
bhoney chapter 2 . 4/2/2009
Oh, Dean. Poor delusional Dean. It's NEVER just a simple salt and burn. LOL

This was cute: "Sam would shoot him if he ever found out that Dean had said that. Then he smiled because, in that situation, Sam might actually hit his mark." Loved the exchange with the boys in the car, where Dean was trying to get Sam to talk to him again.

Also, nice touch on the landlady having the details wrong and them having no luck at first on the research front.

Poor Sam's no better a shot though, and Dean's going to be the one who gets in trouble if that's not remedied (which doesn't seem fair). Plus, I feel bad for Sam thinking Dean doesn't believe in him.
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow, great beginning to this story. I really liked the interaction between Sam and Dean, especially this:

“I know how to shoot.” “Fine. Someone has to teach you how to aim.” *snort* SO Dean to say that! LOL

And this: “Are you going to make fun of me or teach me to aim?” “What makes you think I can’t do both at the same time?” LOL

Great banter! I've really been missing it on the show this season.

I really like to read and write pre-series stuff, I like to see the boys' relationship as they were growing up. Here, I liked the mentions of the pranks, from the Nair to Dean leaving Sam stuck outside with the landlady, and Sam feeling bad that Dean was disappointed in him, though he usually doesn't care as much when John is.

Great details too, from the landlady to the description of the abandoned house. Creepy setup for the hunt, too, especially the creepy old dolls. Ugh, dolls. *shudders* And to top it all off, this is really well-written. I don't understand why it didn't get more reviews.
Bobby's Idgit chapter 4 . 3/29/2009
Oh dear. They have the worst luck, don't they? Update soon!
moira4eku chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
hm...easy salt and burn with the Winchester boys? Not gonna happen! I'm really looking forward to where you are taking this story. Now the ghost will have 2 teenage boys to go after!
CB Walters chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Ooh interesting start! I can't wait to find out what happens.

I also think you have a great hold on both of the boys. Sam, wanting to be good enough but not quite making it, is so sad but totally legit. And Dean, with his smart mouth and particular big brother way of dealing with problems. I especially loved the dialogue and the brotherly bickering.

Great job! Can't wait for more!

-CB