Reviews for Team Nine
Kriss1989 chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
This...is actually really good. Damn. Any chance this could continue?
Dinian chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Finished other story, got bored, looked through some of your other stuff, found this, this awesome, should continue it at some point.

Ciao (still don't know what Ciao means .)
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
firemaster101 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
seem prety good
Nathan chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Well, this seems interesting. Certainly unique. Hope you try to battle writer's block more often with this story, as it has piqued my interest.
Anon chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Heh, the last fanfic that had Ranma befriending Orochimaru led to the development of the curse seal. This fanfic shows similar promise.
BobCat chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Ranma being friends with Orochimaru. This is... worrying.
The BluOne chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Hm, setting it back a bit eh?

That's kinda neat! Wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

No glaring errors that I saw.

-Blu
Mr. Qwerty chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Looking pretty good for now. Will drive me INSANE if you don't take it a little further, seeing that I was unable to get a positive I.D. on all of the classmates, and the fact that Ryouga is listed as a main character but you haven't even given a hint to what clan he might be.
tony chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
awesome! please continue... its not your average Naruto crossover... please continue this one
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
This is certainly a charming ficlet with the potential to grow into something much bigger. I have not watched Naruto and know little about the series, but the way you write this setting comes across as very natural. Even though I suspect I missed a lot of the context, I was still able to understand what was going on and pick up on a few cues. The overall technical quality is a little lower than your more recent fics, but it's hardly "rife with horrible mistakes" and is still a solid piece of prose on its own merits. Your skills at humor shined through as well, and I was thoroughly entertained. A sheepish Ranma reappearing in front of Genma and his later exchange with Ukyo particularly stood out as moments well played for their comedy during my first read through.

Anyway, there really isn't much I care to criticize about this chapter. It could be better as others have said, but I suspect it will become better if you continue to work on it. And if not, there's nothing wrong with writing a short piece just for fun now and then. Either way, I wish you luck battling your writer's block. Taking a break and working on other projects has helped me in the past, and hopefully it'll help you as well.

P.S. You also have my sincere thanks for inadvertently answering a longstanding question of mine. I've wondered for years what those Japanese comma-like swirls are called, and thanks to this fanfic I've learned that they're known as tomoe.
Wordlurker chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Acceptable, though, quite frankly, nowhere as good as your other works. Krimzon Blades beats this, easily. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this. It might just turn out to be better than I'm expecting from what I've seen so far.

The Eternal Ranma/Akane pairing, which, in my opinion, is implied here, is a real turn-off. It's been used over and over again, and again and AGAIN! I was hoping for something... more unusual.
Nemrut chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
So my favorite Ranma writer has decided to take on Naruto, you know, I am really, really glad, I wanted you to write a Naruto crossover for ages. I just wished you would have taken the way you advised me but I am interested nonetheless. Hope to see more soon.
claymade chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Heh heh heh... So this finally sees the light of day, eh? Looks like you've got plenty of possible avenues you could take this, especially setting it in the largely unexplored pre-canon time as you are. The idea of equal-age Ranma and Orochimaru is a very interesting one indeed, plus the secret reason behind their trip. A suspicion occurred to me about that, although it's probably not as original as what you're actually going with...

Anyway, there were only a couple parts that threw me. One was why Ranma is keeping his Sharingan activated all the time-training I guess? I assumed that, but it wasn't clear. And the initial description of Orochimaru lost me for a sec, due to how Ranma picked up on Oro's golden eyes but not their snakishness. Silly little thing, but I was trying to think of who would have golden *normal* eyes.

Anyway, that's just minor stuff. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes! And good luck on vanquishing writer's block!
worm chapter 1 . 3/28/2009